• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rifftrax [OT] Some Movies Have it Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarionCB

The free shipping day was amazing. I got a whole bunch of stuff. Do they do this every year? I don't even see how they manage it internationally; the shipping to Australia is always more than the price of the actual discs, which is standard at most stores, of course. I hope I didn't actually cost them money.

Joe Molotov

lmao @ Superargo and the Faceless Giants. This movie is so dopey.

"Superargo is the 16-bit sequel to the Ben Affleck movie."

A-V-B

I used to watch Rifftrax all the time years ago. Loved their Happening rifftrax and the like. Do they not do big movies like that anymore?

B.K.

I just wish Mike, Kevin, and BIll would start doing shorts again. The shorts were the best. I haven't seen much of Mary Jo and Bridget's stuff, but what I have seen is awful.

Regarding the things about big budget movies and shorts above: this is one of the things I think is pretty cool about RiffTrax over MST3K. Without the set format, they've been able to pretty radically shift focus as they wish. Big movies, cheap movies, shorts, guest stars, live shows.
I wish they offered subtitles as I probably wouldnt be able to keep up or grasp most of the references on the fly.
I saw a screenshot of some RT or MST3K streamed from Amazon that had subtitles, but I'm not sure how widespread it is. Just someone sent Bill an image on Twitter of the sub's depiction of a weird sound he was making.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Just got a free $10 credit to Rifftrax. Don't know if they're sending it out to everyone, but it needs to be used by the end of the year.

B.K.

Just got a free $10 credit to Rifftrax. Don't know if they're sending it out to everyone, but it needs to be used by the end of the year.

Just checked my email. I got one too. I don't know if I'll use it on a movie or get 10 more shorts. I still have about a hundred shorts to have them all.

Enk

makes good threads.
Just got an e-mail from Rifftrax with a $10 gift card! (O_O)

Already got the new Christmas riff so I think I'll grab Deadly Prey.

gabbo

I'm gonna need more recommendations for my $10 bucks. Preferably not something they did on MST3K unless they just outdo the episode with the rifftrax version

I just pledged to the latest Kickstarter. $75 gets you all digital versions of all rewards including the stretch goals. Digital > DVD IMO, and Blu-Ray is only (maybe) happening for Samurai Cop, so meh, I'll stick with Digital.

EDIT: $5 more (plus $5 shipping USA) gets you the shirt.

opoth

Banned
I noticed there are now 34 RiffTrax titles that stream through Amazon Prime. Not sure how long they've been there, but I'm sure I don't remember nearly that many the last time I checked.

Good looking out. I watched ROTOR on there last week (it popped up as a recommendation in the client) and didn't realize their selection was this expansive on AP. Good stuff to pass the time until MST3K S11 drops.

B.K.

Just pledged $75 to the Kickstarter. It's only got a hour and a half left. Better hurry and pledge, if you're going to.

B.K.

I don't know if they've said it before, but one of the latest emails says the mystery movie for the third live show will be announced on Monday.

Enk

makes good threads.
Glad to see the kickstarter work out again. That was expected, but am very happy it did as well as it did! I was worried that after the reunion show, the funding might have been slower for this one since this would be their fifth (?) year. But it blew away all their previous, non-reunion show kickstarters! Can't wait to see what they have in store for us!

Joe Molotov

I was just thinking about what movie it could be that they would need to keep it so under wraps...

What if it's the Star Wars Holiday Special?

See it now, for the first time, on the big screen! Get hype for Episode VIII!

They announced it with a video of Mike, Kevin, and Bill at the TARDIS set. I'm curious what that's about. I mean, I doubt they went there specifically for this one minute video, and it's not like in-person appearances by the on-screen talent is necessary to sign whatever contracts.

I asked the above at YouTube. Official response
The guys were there for a meeting with top BBC folks! Went over scripts, contracts, and all the other fun business-y stuff that makes what we do possible.
I would've thought most of that would be telecommunications stuff rather than travel halfway around the world stuff for all three of them, but that's why I don't make the big bucks.

I don't know how I feel about them doing Dr. Who. I don't watch the show but isn't it aware that it is a schlocky show? Kinda ruins the point of riffing on it if the show already doesn't take themselves too seriously. I get the feeling that it is going to be a weak show like the Sharknado live shows.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Everyone needs to go watch the VOD Rifftrax, "The Apple". I have no clue how this got past me.

It's the most bizarre thing I have ever seen, and it's a musical.

It's the Fall of Man told as a musical about conformist music of the 70's vs the 60s....

We also get to see the future Adam Driver...

C-co_cdVwAA8LeE.jpg

Everyone needs to go watch the VOD Rifftrax, "The Apple". I have no clue how this got past me.

It's the Fall of Man told as a musical about conformist music of the 70's vs the 60s....

C-co_cdVwAA8LeE.jpg

It's one of my favorites. Not as funny as The Wizard but it's up there.

C-co_cdVwAA8LeE.jpg

One of my favorites. I'm semi-ashamed to say I actually find myself humming the terrible/memorable/terrible again songs sometimes.

C-co_cdVwAA8LeE.jpg

The Apple, as you might be able to tell from my avatar, has long been a favorite bad movie of mine. I was at one of the very first midnight movie showings of it in LA after it was sort of rediscovered by the neighboring video store. To be in a theater full of people who had never seen it before was truly magical.

RIP Manahem Golan, you crazy bastard.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
After seeing that they can do a Musical riff well, I want more than ever for them to get the rights to and riff "The Return of Captain Invincible"

Alan Arkin and Christopher Lee in a low budget, musical, 80s Superhero film.

B.K.

Got the email a few days ago, but never got around to saying anything. I assumed most people here get emails from Rifftrax.

Ever wish RiffTrax had its very own TV channel? Well now we do! Introducing... RiffTrax on Pluto TV!

What is Pluto TV? Pluto TV is the leading free online television service broadcasting over 100 channels full of the TV shows, movies and Internet videos you love, all in one place. Stream channels on your Roku, smart TV, Chromecast, mobile device, gaming console, desktop, and more!

We've jam packed our channel full of some of our best shorts, feature length movie riffs, and live shows. It's like a RiffTrax marathon is happening every day!
To start watching, head on over to RiffTrax.com/Pluto, download the free Pluto TV app for the device of your choosing, and tune in to channel 265 on Pluto TV!

What are you waiting for? Start enjoying some free RiffTrax on Pluto TV!

I turned it on a couple times this week and Night of the Living Dead Live was on and some Bermuda Triangle movie I've never seen before.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just found the riff trax app

what are good intro movies?

want something relatively big and new - thinking the harry potter series

Rogue One next week!

edit: watching the Psycho 2 rifftrax on PlutoTV, this really is one of their best riffs.

"Norman is the Plutonic ideal of a Sonic the Hedgehog fan fiction author"

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The new Rifftrax VOD, Star Games is, well a perfect Rifftrax movie.

It's a Sci if film from the director of Final Justice and Angels Revenge...

And stars his two sons. Who can't act.

And there is a clown.

RetroMG

The new Rifftrax VOD, Star Games is, well a perfect Rifftrax movie.

It's a Sci if film from the director of Final Justice and Angels Revenge...

And stars his two sons. Who can't act.

And there is a clown.

Well, damn. How I am I supposed to turn THAT down?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So... I just found out Bill Corbett blocked me on twitter. I haven't posted anything since 2015, never tweeted at him (or ever got in a beef with anyone on twitter, for that matter), and am not a shithead.

Any clues?

Enk

makes good threads.
Just found out that tomorrow's live show isn't showing at my theater as it usually does! They're just showing the encore on Tuesday. I wonder what changed this time. If you're planning on going you may want to check your theater's schedule for tomorrow to make sure it's still playing.

I just watched Star Games and that movie was made by the devil. It was made by the goddamn devil! I thought Cry Wilderness was incompetently made but this is on a whole new level.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
New Rifftrax VOD, "The Littlest Unicorn" came out and it had me wondering.

Is there any actor that has been in more MST3K/Rifftrax films than David Warner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom