• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

Mobile games coins being restricted to their specific game rewards is fucking dumb. I have 1000 FE coins expiring next month but not only am I planning to leave the game but the game itself gives so much of what you can redeem for free I have so much stuff in my inventory I don't use.

Also I found a hidden Mii and they said there were three more in the website but I looked at each section and found nothing. Considering I haven't gotten that since launch I wonder if it's a glitch.

I don't know how the birthday offers work exactly, but mine was in April and Xenoblade X didn't have a discount.

Oh really? Thanks for the info. I already knew the game selection changes over time but had hope XBX was still being offered.

My birthday is in October. Not only was Christmas coming up but August 30th I had bought my first Xbox 360 and September 30th I bought my first Xbox One.

I don't really need a digital copy but I'll like to support one of my favorite games of all time. Not go mention what the hell else am I going to spend these 500 gold coins of my on. I buy a decent number of Wii U Eshop games.

PIKMIN Short Movies 3D (Nintendo 3DS)

and

PIKMIN Short Movies HD (Wii U)

are now up... 40 gold coins each

I love how they wait over a month to add something Europe had with the first round software Pikmin rewards. Like they want you to waste you gold coins on some else first.

I was very tempted to spend the 30 Gold coins I had left on two 3DS themes as the end of the month approached but I'm super glad I waited. Got the 3d version for now but will almost assuredly get the Wii U version too as I have 100 Gold coins expiring next month.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I have 30 gold coins expiring at the end of September from that free game last year so I'll probably be getting the 3D shorts. It's supposed to be up until September 1st so I'll wait till a week or two before hand in case something better pops up but I doubt it.

I have 150 gold coins expiring in two days. Anyone want anything?

This service fucking sucks and I will never buy digital again from Nintendo. God damn rip off

Every time I see this thread pop up I check it in the hopes that it edges closer to the old CN.

And every time I'm disappointed. I don't know why I think any different.

Steiner

Banned
Woah woah woah... For some reason I was under the impression that Gold Coins didn't expire. You know, because you spend your f#cking real-world money to earn them.

maxcriden

Woah woah woah... For some reason I was under the impression that Gold Coins didn't expire. You know, because you spend your f#cking real-world money to earn them.

Originally they expired after 6 months, now it's 1 year. I agree with you it doesn't make sense to ever have them expire.

Originally they expired after 6 months, now it's 1 year. I agree with you it doesn't make sense to ever have them expire.

They have to expire at some point because otherwise you end up with a huge liability on your balance sheet that you can't get rid of. But it could easily be five years. One year is just being a cunt.

jmizzal

It looks like Switch rewards may be coming with Splatoon

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/162340899964

That site translates the Japanesse mynintendo updates at the bottom it has this

tumblr_oos3r8kxiG1s2z1y6o5_r6_1280.jpg

"All Nintendo Switch rewards (Coming Soon)
– Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch) ??
– Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch) ??
Keywords: PP = Platinum Points / GP = Gold Points."

In game gear is at least something cool to spend coins on

Hopefully I can redeem these without a Switch.

rudger

PIKMIN Short Movies 3D (Nintendo 3DS)

and

PIKMIN Short Movies HD (Wii U)

are now up... 40 gold coins each

Oh thank fuck! I had 70 coins about to expire and couldn't justify getting discounts for games I only kind of want. Always wanted to watch these

rudger

It has made me hesitant about getting my reward coins for Switch physical purchases. May as well wait until I have something to buy to redeem coins. What is truly bullshit is that the reward is sooo much less for physical purchases.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

This service fucking sucks and I will never buy digital again from Nintendo. God damn rip off
There are many reasons to not want to buy digital from Nintendo but being upset with the BONUS and that being the reason not to is silly.

Shiggy

I watched the first Pikmin short, it was pretty cute

the 3D effect is barely noticeable though

That was indeed a bit disappointing. The HD videos are also up on Dailymotion.com.

Yeah, we heard about that in May:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=237203379&postcount=4007

Those costumes may come in 2018.

i-Jest

Well if your willing to gift me Pikmin, and the Pikmin Movies that just went up, assuming your NA, then I'm willing to take you up on your offer.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I only have 50 gold coins. 10 expire this month, the rest next.

Thinking of just getting that mission mode DLC for Pikmin 3 for 50G. Any good? Haven't played Pikmin 3 since completing it.

I only have 50 gold coins. 10 expire this month, the rest next.

Thinking of just getting that mission mode DLC for Pikmin 3 for 50G. Any good? Haven't played Pikmin 3 since completing it.

All of the mission modes are amazing. I prefer the collection ones over the combat ones though.

BooJoh

1067 platinum points expiring in two days and nothing to spend them on.

Also I just realized the mobile platinum points are not spendable cross-game. wat.

I give up.

zroid

Banned
My Nintendo Rewards Starting July 1 – School is done for the year, so it’s time to enjoy summer break. To add some fun to your vacation, we are offering up to 40 percent discounts on select games to play on the go or on the big screen together with family and friends.

coming up

Hegarol

I'll hope against hope and common sense that maybe there will be a discount on Super Bomberman R :p

Yes I know it's insane but hey
There was a 40% discount on Bomberman accidentally posted by Nintendo Portugal on Facebook too early. Could very well happen for NA as well.

Shiggy

There was a 40% discount on Bomberman accidentally posted by Nintendo Portugal on Facebook too early. Could very well happen for NA as well.

That sale is not My Nintendo related. It's a regular one-week-sale starting July 1.

The user above didn't list the games that will be discounted on the American My Nintendo next month, obviously nothing Switch-related:
My Nintendo Rewards Starting July 1 – School is done for the year, so it's time to enjoy summer break. To add some fun to your vacation, we are offering up to 40 percent discounts on select games to play on the go or on the big screen together with family and friends.
Want to improve your drawing skills or sketch memorable parts of your trip?

Art Academy Lessons for Everyone! (Nintendo 3DS)
Art Academy Home Studio (Wii U)
Swapdoodle DLC: Animal Crossing Basic Lessons*
Swapdoodle DLC: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time*
Swapdoodle DLC: Mario Kart 8*
Swapdoodle DLC: Prehistoric Life*
*Full version of the game is required to use the DLC.

Great local multiplayer games!
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo 3DS)

Great games to play in a car, on a plane or anywhere!
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer (Nintendo 3DS)
Mario Golf: World Tour (Nintendo 3DS)
Pocket Card Jockey (Nintendo 3DS)
Picross 3D Round 2 (Nintendo 3DS)

Staycation? Play games on the big screen!
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii U)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
Mario Sports Mix (Wii U)
Super Paper Mario (Wii U)

rudger

I have 30 gold coins expiring in a couple of days. Is the Pikmin Prima guide worthwhile? Are any of those Prima guides worthwhile?

gaiages

Banned
That sale is not My Nintendo related. It's a regular one-week-sale starting July 1.

The user above didn't list the games that will be discounted on the American My Nintendo next month, obviously nothing Switch-related:

Ah. Nothing too stand out, but a Picross discount is always good for me :D

Oh God Yes. A discount on the digital-only Art Academy for Wii U. I've been waiting so long. Definitely getting it. Hopefully Gold coins.

I would like to think this improves the small chance of a Fatal Frame discount but that game being rated M makes that unlikely.

maxcriden

You sure, Shiggy? The PR is really confusing.

Activities:

Want to improve your drawing skills or sketch memorable parts of your trip?

• Art Academy Lessons for Everyone! (Nintendo 3DS)
• Art Academy Home Studio (Wii U)
• Swapdoodle DLC: Animal Crossing Basic Lessons*
• Swapdoodle DLC: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time*
• Swapdoodle DLC: Mario Kart 8*
• Swapdoodle DLC: Prehistoric Life*
*Full version of the game is required to use the DLC.

Great local multiplayer games!

• Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
• New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo 3DS)

Great games to play in a car, on a plane or anywhere!

• Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer (Nintendo 3DS)
• Mario Golf: World Tour (Nintendo 3DS)
• Pocket Card Jockey (Nintendo 3DS)
• Picross 3D Round 2 (Nintendo 3DS)

Staycation? Play games on the big screen!

• Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii U)
• Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
• Mario Sports Mix (Wii U)
• Super Paper Mario (Wii U)

To learn more about these and other great My Nintendo rewards, visit https://my.nintendo.com.

• My Nintendo Pikmin Rewards – The HEY! PIKMIN game is coming to the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on July 28. To celebrate, My Nintendo is offering the Pikmin Short Movie, directed by Shigeru Miyamoto, for both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. Redeem your points to watch the colorful antics of Pikmin in this adorable cinematic adventure. And don’t forget this new Hey! PIKMIN wallpaper, too!

• My Nintendo Rewards Starting July 1 – School is done for the year, so it’s time to enjoy summer break. To add some fun to your vacation, we are offering up to 40 percent discounts on select games to play on the go or on the big screen together with family and friends.

When I look at the actual PR document here:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/284070-nintendo-download-june-29-2017-expand-your-adventures-in-hyrul

To me it reads as though they are suggesting some games to play on your summer vacation, and then in a separate section are discussing current and upcoming MyN rewards. Maybe you are correct and it's just unclearly formatted, though.

iphys

That is weird that they would announce My Nintendo rewards for July 1st in advance. Whatever, been waiting for a discount on Picross 3D Round 2.

Top Bottom