• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei 4 Exclusive Preorder DLCs

Haha I can't tell if people are being serious with the costume love, you guys are really gonna wander around Shin Megami Tensei 4 rocking 15 corporate logos? Maybe I've been on media blackout for the game too long ... doesn't this seem a little, erm, out of place?

On second thought, please don't answer. I don't need to find out that SMT4 has Jack Frost hammer pants DLC or something, and I would also like this Amazon Dot Com duster to retain its value when it gets traded.

tacky, intrusive advertising in tokyo? how can this be!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
The Amazon made me laugh, so I'm good. Looks like that jacket wouldn't be much help in the rain, though.

DarkPanda

I'm glad I waited to place my preorder. I think I'm going to wait a few more weeks now until all the bonuses have been announced before I choose. Right now though I wish I could buy from EB Games Canada. Would they ship to the US? If they do, I'd have to check if I'd get killed with the exchange rate or not. Well, maybe Target will have a decent costume.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I like the EB one. The Amazon one is alright. Way better than the GameStop one.

Varna

See this is the only thing Pre-order DLC should ever be. Some crappy item that is soon forgotten and replaced.

Kurtofan

JMzO2jT.jpg

try to guess which retailer is offering this costume

I love it.

Ondore

I'm in Canada and intend to preorder from whatever brick and mortar retailer isn't doing this... but if they all are, then I'll go to EB and preorder, then give the code away on GAF.

zroid

Banned
even with the dumb logos, that amazon trenchcoat is seriously awesome

looks like I'm going with amazon.ca, first time I'll have pre-ordered a game from them in years!

DR2K

Banned
Go figure the first premium title is doing preorder dlc as well. Not that I care since all the costumes look like shit thankfully.

Preorder Persona 5 from Gamestop for exclusive Gamestop Clerk Social Link

I cannot decide to actively hate this with a passion or be mildly interested....

nah hate it is. Atlus pls don't go as far as this. Don't care about costumes but keep it to aesthetics.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It doesn't affect the game at all, so I don't really care.

Sticking with Best Buy for my Pre-order since I knocked half the price off.

Is there going to be an eShop exclusive costume too??? :p

Yes, and the outfit is going to have a police report print.

Are these going to be codes? Hopefully they're not one-time use and can be shared.

EB for me, Amazon's looks like cardboard and GS has that silly GS logo (I like that it's like a diamond shape though), EB's super naturally and so Canadian. :)

Oh, and make the TRU one be a Giraffe coat.

Meia

In all seriousness, is this the first time retail stores have actually had their logos or some kind of marker on the costumes that shows where they're from? There's been tons of "pre-order here and get ***** skin/costume!", but these are the first times I can remember that you can probably place where the pre-order came from...

And they can do this, but no SMT4 3DS color like Japan got? Cmon Atlus/Nintendo!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
In all seriousness, is this the first time retail stores have actually had their logos or some kind of marker on the costumes that shows where they're from? There's been tons of "pre-order here and get ***** skin/costume!", but these are the first times I can remember that you can probably place where the pre-order came from...

And they can do this, but no SMT4 3DS color like Japan got? Cmon Atlus/Nintendo!
Japan's done this before. Not sure about the US but I wouldn't be surprised.

Goddamn those company logos. Can I pay to not have those outfits?
Pay me a dollar and I'll take and use the code for you, thus saving you the horror of Amazon box man.

Modeling a poorly done costume is substantially cheaper than manufacturing a new model of 3DS XL. Atlus probably got paid by the retailers to create it in the first place as a form of advertising

Top Bottom