• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Pctx
Banned
(10-18-2011, 05:26 PM)

Originally Posted by VanMardigan

So the choice is between a high res screen (Nexus) or a good camera (s2)? I don't know why Google would de emphasize camera when it's always at the top of what consumers want and the rival has made it a point of pride for a while now.

The screen is going to be ridiculously awesome at least, but unless there are surprises, it'll be two straight disappointing conferences. Three in a row next week when Nokia unveils an n9 with Windows phone as their flagship for this year.

Which.... ironically, I'm still rooting that the Nokia delivers, but who knows.... I stilll don't trust those leaked speaks.
Toki767
(10-18-2011, 05:26 PM)
My phone update isn't till July 2012 so I'm guessing it'll either be the this, the Galaxy S III, or the next Nexus phone. Whichever hits AT&T.
kehs
Banned
(10-18-2011, 05:27 PM)

So the choice is between a high res screen (Nexus) or a good camera (s2)? I don't know why Google would de emphasize camera when it's always at the top of what consumers want and the rival has made it a point of pride for a while now.

The screen is going to be ridiculously awesome at least, but unless there are surprises, it'll be two straight disappointing conferences. Three in a row next week when Nokia unveils an n9 with Windows phone as their flagship for this year.

You're forgetting the Moto announcement that starts in 30 mins...
brotkasten
A bitter, cynical, safe moist as dude
(10-18-2011, 05:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Copernicus

You can't blame him. Nobody would even know if you didn't create that thread.
kehs
Banned
(10-18-2011, 05:31 PM)

Originally Posted by brotkasten

You can't blame him. Nobody would even know if you didn't create that thread.

I guess the RAZR is too cutting edge, even for this forum.
gcubed
(10-18-2011, 05:32 PM)

its a galaxy s2 based phone, i dont see why it would have a different camera then whats on the galaxy s2
rabhw
(10-18-2011, 05:32 PM)
Google performing the ultimate cockblock by stealing Moto's thunder. Not a single fuck was given about the RAZR event.
Omiee
(10-18-2011, 05:33 PM)
im sorry but id rather have a better screen.
Technosteve
(10-18-2011, 05:34 PM)
That razr looks like shite, I just saw a picture of the Samsung nexus galaxy primus Maximus and it does indeed look like what the iPhone 5 was supposed to look like according to top men. Its a bit fat at the bottom but I like it.
andycapps
(10-18-2011, 05:37 PM)

Isn't there a S II HD coming out with the same resolution as the Prime?

Quick, make an |OT|.
Emily Chu
Banned
(10-18-2011, 05:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Omiee

im sorry but id rather have a better screen.

yeah don't take pics like a pre-teen 13 year old girl but screen is most important feature.
SimleuqiR
(10-18-2011, 05:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Technosteve

That razr looks like shite, I just saw a picture of the Samsung nexus galaxy primus Maximus and it does indeed look like what the iPhone 5 was supposed to look like according to top men. Its a bit fat at the bottom but I like it.

Just how I like my women.

Omiee
(10-18-2011, 05:49 PM)

Originally Posted by SimleuqiR

Just how I like my women.

lol i knew someone would post a reply like that
SimleuqiR
(10-18-2011, 05:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Omiee

lol i knew someone would post a reply like that

Well I at least made it somewhat relevant...she is holding a smartphone.
Oh, what I would give to see what that phone has seen.
thirty
Banned
(10-18-2011, 05:53 PM)
is there a link to the motorola event? happening in about 5 mins
Sky Chief
(10-18-2011, 05:56 PM)

Originally Posted by thirty

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/18/m...st&refresh=120
kehs
Banned
(10-18-2011, 05:57 PM)

Originally Posted by thirty

Not only is there a link, but a thread with liveblog links and copernicus mockery.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...6#post31922346
brotkasten
A bitter, cynical, safe moist as dude
(10-18-2011, 05:57 PM)

I guess the RAZR is too cutting edge, even for this forum.

I'm more disappointed that you're doing a thread for the moto/verizon event, but not for the more important BlackBerry DevCon event. Seriously, dude. You dropped the ball on this one.
prettyvacant77
(10-18-2011, 05:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Sky Chief

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/18/m...st&refresh=120

Apparently Eric Schmidt is there, possible early showing of ICS???
Sky Chief
(10-18-2011, 06:01 PM)

Originally Posted by prettyvacant77

Apparently Eric Schmidt is there, possible early showing of ICS???

Like I said in the other thread maybe they will show off Xoom 2 with ICS now and Nexus Prime with ICS tonight?
Jtwo
(10-18-2011, 06:02 PM)
Just woke up. Thanks for posting everyone! I'm reading the thread now, will add all your contributions in a bit.

Sorry the thread title wasn't good enough for you, brotkasten. :( Maybe next year.
kehs
Banned
(10-18-2011, 06:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Jtwo

Just woke up. Thanks for posting everyone! I'm reading the thread now, will add all your contributions in a bit.

Sorry the thread title wasn't good enough for you, brotkasten. :( Maybe next year.

There's not enough metro in the title.
nib95
Banned
(10-18-2011, 06:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Doopliss

If the screen is any bigger than 3.5" (optimal size) I will be massively disappointed. The size issue is a very real problem. Proof for the skeptics:

[IMG]http://i51.************/ddyfpy.jpg[/IMG]

What kind of dumbass actually uses his phone one handed like that? I don't even use my iPhone one handed like that. The main fingers go on the back of the device as support whilst the thumb is airborne and can click away.

Anyway, do we have confirmed PAL specs yet?
Jtwo
(10-18-2011, 06:19 PM)
I'm actually incredibly excited to move up to a bigger phone. You can reach. A phone doesn't just sit in your hand motionless, you're constantly sliding your hand around it. You can totally reach.

Like you cup your hand and the phone tilts sideways a little bit.
Ken Masters
Banned
(10-18-2011, 06:25 PM)
Former android user for a few years, current iOS user. If I ever use an android phone again it will only be a google (nexus) phone. Nothing pissed me off more then waiting months and months for updates while other sets were getting them, and nexus getting it day 1
SimleuqiR
(10-18-2011, 06:27 PM)

Nov 10th.

SMS sync for tablets!!???
Zombie James
Banned
(10-18-2011, 06:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Ken Masters

Former android user for a few years, current iOS user. If I ever use an android phone again it will only be a google (nexus) phone. Nothing pissed me off more then waiting months and months for updates while other sets were getting them, and nexus getting it day 1

Should have rooted. Hacker community does what manufacturersdon't.
Zeppu
.....wat!?
(10-18-2011, 06:29 PM)

It's already been out a week?!!?
Zombie James
Banned
(10-18-2011, 06:29 PM)

Originally Posted by josephdebono

MM/DD
SimleuqiR
(10-18-2011, 06:34 PM)

Originally Posted by josephdebono

USA! USA! USA!

We are backwards here, and that is a Verizon schedule.
Mudkips
Banned
(10-18-2011, 06:34 PM)

Originally Posted by nib95

The main fingers go on the back of the device as support whilst the thumb is airborne and can click away.

He clearly doesn't know to use his main finger on the yellow side and his other finger on
the orange side, then turn it. Then spin the middle side topwise. Topwise.
Zeppu
.....wat!?
(10-18-2011, 06:39 PM)

USA! USA! USA!

We are backwards here, and that is a Verizon schedule.

It was released november last year?!!?

:D
The Faceless Master
(10-18-2011, 06:41 PM)
"We're not in a lab, we're not in a test market, and we're certainly not in a marketing department."

SHOTS FIRED
Zeppu
.....wat!?
(10-18-2011, 06:42 PM)
wrong thread brah.
Vyse The Legend
Wiser than thou
(10-18-2011, 06:45 PM)

Nov 10th.

SMS sync for tablets!!???

Why does it say Droid HD, instead of RAZR? How old is this slide?
Pctx
Banned
(10-18-2011, 06:47 PM)

Originally Posted by The Faceless Master

"We're not in a lab, we're not in a test market, and we're certainly not in a marketing department."

SHOTS FIRED

AT&T's response:

"We have had 4G since 2010..."
SimleuqiR
(10-18-2011, 06:53 PM)
5 Surprises That Could Rock Today’s Samsung, Google Nexus Event

#1 – Galaxy Nexus announced as Verizon Exclusive

#2 – Galaxy Nexus Tab – (aka Android 4.0 on the Galaxy Tab)

#3 – Galaxy Nexus TV – (aka Android Market on Google TV)

#4 – Enhanced Voice Commands in Android 4.0

#5 – Google Competes with iTunes, (Google Music)

The Faceless Master
(10-18-2011, 06:54 PM)

Originally Posted by gcubed

its a galaxy s2 based phone, i dont see why it would have a different camera then whats on the galaxy s2

the Nexus S had a different and worse camera than the Galaxy S 1 devices.
JoeFu
Banned
(10-18-2011, 06:54 PM)
Man, after look at the RAZR, the Nexus better not be Verizon exclusive. It would be kinda stupid to release 2 super high end phones the same time.
SimleuqiR
(10-18-2011, 06:56 PM)

Originally Posted by JoeFu

Man, after look at the RAZR, the Nexus better not be Verizon exclusive. It would be kinda stupid to release 2 super high end phones the same time.

It might be subsidized exclusive for some time. But hopefully the unlocked model can work on all USA carriers, including Sprint. I'm not sure if Sprint allows unlocked phones in their network.
BigFwoosh
(10-18-2011, 06:57 PM)

Except that then Verizon would have two of the latest and greatest Android devices out there and could probably attract some new customers.
DrFunk
not licensed in your state
(10-18-2011, 06:58 PM)

It might be subsidized exclusive for some time. But hopefully the unlocked model can work on all USA carriers, including Sprint. I'm not sure if Sprint allows unlocked phones in their network.

nope
JoeFu
Banned
(10-18-2011, 06:58 PM)
I guess? but it's still overkill. I dunno I'm not going to get the phone subsidized anyways so whatever. Reports are the the unlocked one works on T-Mobile 3g right?
claviertekky
(10-18-2011, 06:59 PM)
That would be a stupid decision if this phone is a Verizon exclusive.
Cudder
I'm using the ICS wallpaper on my Nexus One. Hypppped!
Vanillalite
Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I just hope all of the gingerbread devices get the update. That is all.

PS: My best friend would probably faint if Google/Logitech finally updated his revue he bought at launch. LOL
DrFunk
not licensed in your state
(10-18-2011, 07:00 PM)

I guess? but it's still overkill. I dunno I'm not going to get the phone subsidized anyways so whatever. Reports are the the unlocked one works on T-Mobile 3g right?

When the international version cleared the FCC, it had 3G bands for T-Mo and Att. So yes.
claviertekky
(10-18-2011, 07:01 PM)

Nope.
JoeFu
Banned
Awesome.
BigFwoosh

Originally Posted by claviertekky

That would be a stupid decision if this phone is a Verizon exclusive.

I don't get this. Verizon has the largest and fastest network in the US, and it has never had a Nexus device. Plus, every other carrier has the GS2, which is a frigging awesome device as well.

Edit: Well, yeah it would suck for people on other carriers, but the fact that VZW has been lacking a Nexus while every other carrier has had one up to this point has blown for us. Now the tables are turned!