• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
With Kadokawa ;P

:(

The Chuunibyou movie has already disappointed me. With that title I expected this

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Berserk 20
download.png

It looks like hardened jello man.

This is more or less a straight adaptation at this point, but with none of the finesse of a good adaptation. The scene where the trolls just calmly wait for Guts to give out orders instead of just swarming the gang is hilarious.

Cornbread78

Silver Spoon S2 ep.8-END

S3 When? Those final few episodes were quite the emotional rollar coaster ride for Hachi & Aki but they lect things on such a hook dammit! I want more!!!! Overall, this was an excellent SoL series with excelkent characters that didn't fall into the typical crappy tropes that bring shows down. It's well worth anyone's time if they haven't watched it yet!

Silver Spoon S2 ep.8-END

S3 When? Those final few episodes were quite the emotional rollar coaster ride for Hachi & Aki but they lect things on such a hook dammit! I want more!!!! Overall, this was an excellent SoL series with excelkent characters that didn't fall into the typical crappy tropes that bring shows down. It's well worth anyone's time if they haven't watched it yet!

No S3 ever, the manga has been on and off hiatus (mostly on) since around the time the anime ended. Just read the manga Corn, you will not regret it I can assure you that..well you won't regret reading you will regret joining us in hiatus hell (along with HxH, Berserk every other year, Nana and other great mangas).

They're making a brand new original movie for...

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqoYr68QgSk

In theaters January 6, 2018.

Ishihara/Hanada as expected.

Skimming the plot synopsis, something about Touka (Rikka's sister) planning to move to Italy and take Rikka with her.

I mean I didn't really feel like I needed more Chuunibyou but sure I'll take it. Hopefully it's better than the second season which was pretty disappointing in my opinion.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just notice Blame! is up in Netflix now.
Yep. Watching it dubbed because why not.
It certainly looks like Sidonia at least...

1)We can only hope that they do something about that in the movie, I guess it depends on the timeline and if they decide to let Rikka grow up and act like a normal human again.....
2) See below; Hasann is right on about Love Story. Despite the constant mochie talk, the story was more about the main ship growing up in their lives and learning to move forward rather than a standard "rom com" hook up story. I mean, it does have both, but the individual character growth for Tamako especially is what I appreciated from the movie.

Tamako Market ends on nothing. Tamako Love Story, on the other hand, is entirely about change and the necessity of letting go of the status quo.

I actually meant the movie. I don't remember much about it, but doesn't it just end on a Jdrama-style train confession? Either way, I remember it being more low key than the Your Name ending. lol

Jarmel

Banned
Not specified on that page, no. Only says Violet Evergarden special/advanced screening. No details, no runtime or anything like that :p

Sounds like a movie as that would be super early for a TV episode but then again it's KyoAni so they might already have animated the entire show at that point.

phaze

I thought it was going to be a show? Did I have that wrong?

There hasn't been a clear announcement.

From what I understand the novels are a bunch of short stories so unless they plan to make a bunch of movies or animate just one of them, the tv format would be the more logical choice.

Not specified on that page, no. Only says Violet Evergarden special/advanced screening. No details, no runtime or anything like that :p

Sad !

Eccentric Family 06

What I got from this ep is that people who like Benten literally go to hell.

Nice.

Sounds like a movie as that would be super early for a TV episode but then again it's KyoAni so they might already have animated the entire show at that point.

Well, I guess they'll announce more details before October at least :p

Possibly as early as next month when the ticket lottery for attending is started.

Cornbread78

DN Angel ep.23-END
That was a weird and wild ride to the finish line of this show. The plot made no sense at tine and either felt overly dramatic, or not defined enough. It was still pretty entertaing and they took the time to develope the main pairing, which really helped. Overall, I liked the show, but it didn't do anything spectacular to stand out.

Sterok

Twin Angel Break 7

Asking the hard questions. Why are there mirrors next to the stairs? Not much action, but I'm actually liking the focus on the twins. There's some nice build up and development for them separately. Twin Angels' secret identities are under separate investigations surprisingly. Nui is smart. Turns out they are robots. Which was kind of already shown before, but I suppose this is the confirmation that they're actually robots and the earlier thing wasn't just some random power. What kind of magical girl show is this where twin robot idols are more interesting than the main characters?

After reading the summary more fully, it looks like the general plot is: in the last year of high school, Yuuta and Rikka are still living together but haven't progressed in their relationship at all. Touka comes back from Italy and says that since she has a steady job there now, she's taking Rikka back with her, so Yuuta and the gang start working on a plan for he and Rikka to "elope" before it's too late.

Sounds like a giant fucking skip. It's literally retreading the same damn storyline from the second season.

Cornbread78

No S3 ever, the manga has been on and off hiatus (mostly on) since around the time the anime ended. Just read the manga Corn, you will not regret it I can assure you that..well you won't regret reading you will regret joining us in hiatus hell (along with HxH, Berserk every other year, Nana and other great mangas).

Tears are rolling down my cheeks a little...

I actually meant the movie. I don't remember much about it, but doesn't it just end on a Jdrama-style train confession? Either way, I remember it being more low key than the Your Name ending. lol

Essentually yes, but that was the point of the movie in this case. The main ship were stuck in the past and needed to move their relationship forward and grow up. Mostly for Tamako.. The MC knew what he wanted..

I had join join in on the cucumber party. I mean, I just finished watching Silver Spoon, so I know how important livestock and crops are to society..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom