• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little girl adorably mistakes a bride for a princess from her favorite book

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link.

Fairy-tale moments happen all the time in real life ― and these sweet photos are proof.

Last February, Scott and Shandace Robertson tied the knot in Seattle. While taking wedding day pics in the Ballard section of the city, a little girl stopped and stared up at the beaming bride.

As the couple soon learned, the awestruck two-year old thought Shandace was the ”princess" from her favorite book ― the one's she holding in this photo by wedding photographer Stephanie Cristalli Photography:

fb6aksc.jpg

ouv3qf9.jpg

SpUI2d4.jpg

j1ngYry.jpg

In case you were wondering, the ”princess" book the toddler was reading is the classic mystery novel The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins, Scott told HuffPost.

”I'm pretty sure she just liked the picture on the cover and became attached to it! The book is above my reading level, let alone a toddler's," he joked.

It's probably her favorite book to carry/hold - she's not reading if she thinks it's a "princess." My son carried around a book of Chekhov stories for weeks. He sure wasn't reading them. Sometimes they like the covers or pages and get attached.

MarionCB

D'aaaw, that's brilliant. A great memory for everyone involved, I imagine.

It's probably her favorite book to carry/hold - she's not reading if she thinks it's a "princess." My son carried around a book of Chekhov stories for weeks. He sure wasn't reading them. Sometimes they like the covers or pages and get attached.

Yeah, but it's sure to turn up later at a crucial moment.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Since you guys can't just sit back and love the adorable photos:

Of course, the book is just a bit above her reading level. She just liked carrying it around, her mom, who asked that she and her daughter not be named, told BuzzFeed News.

"I like old dead British writers, so I have a lot of them, and she just loves the cover. So naturally, we carried it around with us for a week on end," she said. "It was her princess book, and she would sit and pretend to read it."

Aeana

Dear friends, read the OP

In case you were wondering, the “princess” book the toddler was reading is the classic mystery novel The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins, Scott told HuffPost.

“I’m pretty sure she just liked the picture on the cover and became attached to it! The book is above my reading level, let alone a toddler’s,” he joked.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I really hate parents exposing their young daughters to princess garbage but that's adorable.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Very cute. And even if she cant read or the book is too advanced for her atm have people never heard of bedtime stories? Where parents read to their children? lol

edit:
Just read the entire thing and it talks about how she just liked the book because of the cover. The father joked about how the book is probably too advanced for him lol

Top Bottom