• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Doosi
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:23 AM)
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1233181

Interesting read. It also explains how troubled FFXV's development was. Spoiler warning obviously.

MOD ABUSE: Here's the source of the newer rumors, along with a couple of choice quotes folks are discussing

Originally Posted by Delaney

Well, if we're posting dumb 4chan threads about FFXV which might also become true later on... here's this: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/360061246 (Thread title being: I worked on FFXV, ask me anything)

I remember deying the leaks and wishing for them to not come true. The game slapped me with reality.

The game centered about death, ghosts and hallucination/dreams. Noctis killed the female protagonist before the game started but he didn't remember. Ardyn was Noctis ancestor and he was responsible of the crystals disappearing over time (the only one left was Lucis crystal). Regis died in front of Noctis because his bodyguards betrayed him. The protagonists had to leave the capital because their nation lost the war.

The game didn't focus on summons that much (they still existed) and instead there were actual gods which didn't appear physically. One of the gods was the main antagonist of the first FF game. Each nation was inspired by a different capital of the world. The empire was using ghosts as weapons. Ravus wanted to kill Noctis for having killed her sister. The game ended in another dimension which was supposed to be their version of the after-life.

The end part of the game was supposed to be bigger. I know for a fact that dark world Lestallum was finished. Old Iris was also featured in some scenes. Cindy too (and I also recall them not wanting to change the Cindy design even though it was problematic because her older design implied character development).

Originally Posted by AkirraKrylon

Idk about some of you guys but reading 4chan, for me, is confusing as fuck and hard to follow.

So here are all his responses. You don't have the question being asked for context but you can get the idea of what was asked based on how he is responding:




-----------------

The game had to be released before this year ended period. It was a contract thing and that was set in stone before development with the new director started. That's why the last months of working in the game were painful (and I could not imagine how July-October were for my mates).


Sort of. Last year the game story got rewritten because fans kept asking to play as Gladiolus, Ignis and Prompto so they had to insert playable chapters for those characters into the narrative, but since we didn't have time to work on them, the decision to release them as downloads were made from the get go.

I know that there are some game levels, scenes and options that were cut because we couldn't finish them in time. I don't know if they will be released as downloads, but I hope they will.

I think the overall feeling towards how the game turned out is "we could have done more". The team literally ran out of time. There were such cool concepts and stuff that were left unfinished because we knew that they weren't going to make the release date. However, the team is pretty happy to have worked on the game and they didn't feel like they wasted their time. Now I'm sure they will continue to work on the game and improve it to match their vision.

The game IS unfinished. The game was delayed because the team felt like it would get destroyed by critics if released in the state it was in July and it was a last minute decision to delay it.

Most of the development time centered around the Lucis area. The later parts of the game were also supposed to have (smaller) areas for the characters to explore, but they weren't finished.

One of the main characters was called Ringo a lot by some people in the team. Guess who is it?

On the FF part. It kind of was mandatory to play the classic FF while working on this game, so I grew love for them. They are neat and I wish I had played some of them earlier.


Some of it, yeah I'm sure they can release it later as downloads or repurpose the assets. But I fear that some levels are not going to be released since they wouldn't fit with the rewritten story.

I have to agree that the game was too ambitious for the development time available to work on it.


I don't think that type of material gets to leak, but who knows?

don't know the whole story about Versus XIII but I heard teammates talk about some details and I also asked about some stuff, so if you want to know something maybe I can answer it.

In my opinion, the only problem with the development process is that we didn't have time and sometimes we spent development time creating stuff that wasn't part of the actual game just for promotional material. I understand that it needs to be done for the PR team, tho. Overall, I think the game turned out to be okay and I'm pretty proud to have worked on it.

I didn't get fired, my contract didn't get renewed.

I didn't solve any problem per se, but the porting to console system process got on my nerves.

They respect the game and I haven't heard anything bad about the game other than it disappointed the fans and that some of the design choices were very questionable.

At the end of the game, you say? I think it was supposed to be left open for interpretation. If I recall correctly, they weren't suppose to have any death scene or anything so I assume they are alive.

I'm at a negotiation process right now again with a former employer.

What Izunia? If you mean the Izunia from a thousand years ago, that is Noctis' ancestor.

No but we used material (assets, concept arts, etc) to work on the game.


Sorry for answering late dudes, the thread is moving fast.

As I said, the focus of most of the development time ended up being the Lucis area so the later parts of the game had a lot of cut content that wasn't ready. However, as far as I know, the fact that the empire is completely in chaos once you get to it never changed.

They are about the party members and they introduce new mechanics built around them. But work on them barely started before I left.

In regards to the Solheim region, we never worked on it. It wasn't cut, so I guess it didn't fit the story the game was trying to tell.

Talking about the Leviathan level, I remember the level design being a bit different last year and it had to be sort of redesigned because it didn't run well and the engine was having problems.

I'm probably wrong about this since I'm not that familiar to plot terms and stuff from the 13 universe but I think more than one crystal existed in the game and that each crystal had a family which acted as bodyguards. Noctis was part of the Lucis family and the heroine was part of the other family. And the game had a lot to do with death so Noctis was continously using the weapons of dead family members.

When I was told that a certain level (snowy area with Shiva statue) was going to get deleted anyway after working on it for weeks nonstop and then having to work on a bootleg version for that level.

The team had to keep a lot of things from the past projects because the former director shared details about them. I assume Ravus was one of those things that had to be kept because details about him were previously announced.

However, I have to say that the story had to be partly rewritten last year (after the movie had entered full production) so that's why that character might have inconsistencies between the game and film.

I don't know about that but I would buy the game now and then buy the download content instead of waiting.

I heard that the team had to change and delete certain scenes about her because they portrayed her in a way that would have been criticized nowadays. And like what happened with everything else, it seems like her role in the story wasn't able to get fixed before release.


Good thing you ask that because I remember stories about the people in charge of the team wanting to change the designs of the main protagonists and a bunch of contractual problems surfacing or something like that. To sum up: the decision to have the characters designed this way was made a long time ago and they had to use those designs for a large part of the game.

Actually, some members expected harshed results because there wasn't enough confidence that his vision for the game was shared by everyone. As far as I know, the game is succeeding expectations.

There were references to the heroine having been abused by other characters, some scenes would have featured Luna crying because of her health and there were also mentions of her goal in life being meeting the male protagonist's expectations/objectives, which the team considered that were going to be problematic since the game had been carrying a bad reputation because of the way they portrayed female characters.

The game centered about death, ghosts and hallucination/dreams. Noctis killed the female protagonist before the game started but he didn't remember. Ardyn was Noctis ancestor and he was responsible of the crystals disappearing over time (the only one left was Lucis crystal). Regis died in front of Noctis because his bodyguards betrayed him. The protagonists had to leave the capital because their nation lost the war.

The game didn't focus on summons that much (they still existed) and instead there were actual gods which didn't appear physically. One of the gods was the main antagonist of the first FF game. Each nation was inspired by a different capital of the world. The empire was using ghosts as weapons. Ravus wanted to kill Noctis for having killed her sister. The game ended in another dimension which was supposed to be their version of the after-life.

It's hard to remember every detail.


As far as I know, the next game from the team is not planned to use this engine.

\Yeah, that part of the game remained over time.

I liked him and he's an excellent professional. He gets job done at very difficult circustamnces. The engine didn't adapt well to consoles and had limitations. I'm proud to have worked on the game but I think the company should have given it more development time. I don't know about FF16. There were a lot of designs and concepts scrapped, some of them by Ferrari, yeah.

There wasn't any character model for that outfit so I don't know.

There was concepts for a city that looked like old London with british bridges and architecture, I don't know about the rest.

The artwork used for the Gralea capital in the game was taken straight out of the Versus project, so I guess it remained the same. The throne room however was different and the Emperor sat there waiting for


The end part of the game was supposed to be bigger. I know for a fact that dark world Lestallum was finished. Old Iris was also featured in some scenes. Cindy too (and I also recall them not wanting to change the Cindy design even though it was problematic because her older design implied character development).

There was supposed to be a small dungeon in Tenebrae which also got cut. If I recall correctly, the invasion didn't begin until the protagonists entered the city.

I haven't heard anything about the former director, but the project needed to change directors because the company needed a mainline game to be shipped in 2016 which appealed to mainstream trends and they trusted Tabata to do it.


If you mean why is that chapter inspired by survival horror elements, the team thought it was going to be a good change of pace that would build momentum. Seems like the level failed to deliver and annoyed players, which I understand.

I don't know, the only DLC episodes planned when I left were playable levels for the three friends.

I don't know, but it will happen. Give it a year or two?

The game has had barely 3 years of actual development time.


As far as I know, the game started as one single game, then the story got expanded more and the former director wanted to divide it into parts, but then it was condensed again as one single game by the new team.

I don't think any of my mates read the original script. If you mean the 2015 script for FF15, then yeah, most of us know what changed in the story and world design.

That stuff was cut but they will have to rewrite and re voice those scenes since I assume they are not entirely compatible narrative wise with what the final game showed.

I think one of the concepts behind the multiplayer was a scoring system based on exploring dungeons or killing enemies with multiple people.

Well, the first stop after Altissia had an (smaller) open world area and you could drive the car alone.
There was a level leading up to when you encounter the Shiva statue.
The dark world section of the game featured more enviroments, you encountered each party member in different locations and you could explore part of Lestallum.
The final boss (which was another Ardyn form) got cut early this year.
The Tenebrae invasion happened after the protagonist entered the city and you got to explore a very small section of the city and Luna's chamber.
Scenes that featured Luna got cut because they were considered to be problematic.
Cor got written out of the last half of the story since it made no sense for him to show up (he was Noctis companion during the small open area after Altissia).

I don't know about this Versus XV thing but I highly doubt it's true. The only games being developed around FF15 are for mobile last time I heard, so it might be one of them, but like I said, I highly doubt it.

I don't think they will make the world of ruin levels that were unfinished explorable unless there is more story dlc planned. I doubt they will release the Luna scenes since the response would not be good, but the deleted scenes about the empire might get released.

Like I said, Luna was featured in more scenes but they got cut. The original Leviathan fight combined interiors and exteriors and many enemies on screen, Luna also appeared.
Like I said earlier, the final form for Ardyn was cut early this year. I haven't heard anything from the strategy guide but it might not have updated information about the story.

Guys, I got to go! I spent some minutes trying to answer to all of you, I might come back at a later time. I hope you had a great time with the game and those who didn't like it at least understand that people tried their best for year to deliver a good product.

Until next time!

Last edited by XANDER CAGE; 12-09-2016 at 02:43 PM. Reason: updating OP with newer rumors
BronsonLee
(12-09-2016, 12:24 AM)
BronsonLee's Avatar

they don't know what to do with them really

Yup sounds about right
MrChocolate
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:24 AM)
MrChocolate's Avatar
Subscribed because I still haven't finished it.
Yoshichan
I've played over 500 hours of DMC2 and consider the game good.
(12-09-2016, 12:24 AM)
Yoshichan's Avatar
Fuck, much is accurate..
HotHamBoy
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:25 AM)
HotHamBoy's Avatar
What was the point of the cold open battle, anyway?
Inuhanyou
Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
(12-09-2016, 12:25 AM)
Inuhanyou's Avatar
this is already a thread
sanstesy
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:25 AM)
sanstesy's Avatar
Was there a thread on this rumor?

Oh, OP has it. These responses. :D
HotHamBoy
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:27 AM)
HotHamBoy's Avatar

"Is FFXVI being worked on right now? and by who?"
FFXVI is only going to happen if XV does well

So....

Like, Tomb Raider 2013 well, or...
Last edited by HotHamBoy; 12-09-2016 at 12:32 AM.
JayEH
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:27 AM)
JayEH's Avatar
I haven't finished the game but I did notice most of what that leaker said was true so far.
Doosi
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:27 AM)
Original thread is locked
Hero_of_the_Day
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:27 AM)
Hero_of_the_Day's Avatar
Interesting that he says the final fight is Ifrit, then Ardyn, then monster Ardyn since there is no monster Ardyn part, which I found super odd when I played the game. Couldn't believe that was really it.
Eccocid
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:28 AM)
Eccocid's Avatar
my fav part of the leak everybody is sad for a while. Which is exactly so true lol
Wollan
The reason why I will never ever be banned.
(12-09-2016, 12:29 AM)
Wollan's Avatar
"Nobody sitting around making FFXVI"

I for one hope that is true. Get the baggage of FFXV out of the way.
Hammer out a creative FFXVI in three years time with a <100 man team using a solid middleware engine ala UE4.
Ishida
Banned
(12-09-2016, 12:29 AM)
Got some things right. Several things wrong.

Also some bullshit about FFXVI.
Ray Down
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:30 AM)
Ray Down's Avatar

Originally Posted by sanstesy

Was there a thread on this rumor?

OP literally list the thread.
HotHamBoy
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:30 AM)
HotHamBoy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Doosi

Original thread is locked

Which is a bummer because crow tastes delicious.
wild wild rice
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:31 AM)
wild wild rice's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ray Down

OP literally list the thread.

lmao
Falk
that puzzling face
(12-09-2016, 12:31 AM)
Falk's Avatar

Originally Posted by HotHamBoy

Which is a bummer because crow tastes delicious.

This thread isn't locked though \_(ツ)_/
SolVanderlyn
Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
(12-09-2016, 12:32 AM)
SolVanderlyn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ishida

Got some things right. Several things wrong.

Also some bullshit about FFXVI.

I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff he got wrong was based on incomplete versions of scenes, or was right at the time he leaked it and was later rewritten.

I wonder if he was ever found out and still has his job or not. Or what his job even was in the first place.

I don't blame him for not realizing Clarus was this guy:

Seeing as how his redesign looked like this and was only in the movie:

Proof being that the official guide uses Versus XIII long haired guy for Clarus:

Last edited by SolVanderlyn; 12-09-2016 at 12:36 AM.
Holundrian
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:32 AM)
Holundrian's Avatar
Didn't predict the unremarkable music I call fake jk I actually like XV quite a bit
Conkerkid11
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:32 AM)
Conkerkid11's Avatar

Originally Posted by BronsonLee

Yup sounds about right

lol, that bit's great.

Also:

Most of the map is empty land.

Entire Plot Summary
"Give a basic plot outline. The script may not be finalised but you must have some idea."
There's a full script as of nov, its just changing because it's a mess.
>opens 10 years in the future fighting ifrit
>real game starts, being sent off for wedding
>on the way hear city got invaded
>set out to collect weapons of dead kings to be powerful and take back crystal
>also have to catch up to luna who's waking up summons
>when you get to luna red haired guy kills her
>everybody is sad for a while
>red hair guy reveals he's 2000 years old
>Noctis has to sleep for 10 years to gather magic into kings ring to fight him
>Noctis gets out and the group fights him in main city
>Ifrit first, then normal red head, then monster version of him
>Noctis wins
that's it.

Game Length
~40 hours right now, but they're trying to bump it to about 50 by strongly encouraging more fetch quests.

Last edited by Conkerkid11; 12-09-2016 at 12:37 AM.
SJRB
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:33 AM)
SJRB's Avatar
Well I'm an asshole for reading some of that even though I'm only in chapter 8 at the moment.

But yeah, from the looks of it that user was spot-on.
TheGreatDirector
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:33 AM)
TheGreatDirector's Avatar

Originally Posted by BronsonLee

Yup sounds about right

Damn lol.
Maintenance
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:34 AM)
Maintenance's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hero_of_the_Day

Interesting that he says the final fight is Ifrit, then Ardyn, then monster Ardyn since there is no monster Ardyn part, which I found super odd when I played the game. Couldn't believe that was really it.

They saved it for the director's cut DLC.
Kyoufu
(12-09-2016, 12:35 AM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wollan

"Nobody sitting around making FFXVI"

I for one hope that is true. Get the baggage of FFXV out of the way.
Hammer out a creative FFXVI in three years time with a <100 man team using a solid middleware engine ala UE4.

It's nice to want things.
Moaradin
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:36 AM)
Moaradin's Avatar
Wow, I can't believe how spot on it was.
Frumix
Suffering From Success
(12-09-2016, 12:36 AM)
Frumix's Avatar
It's pretty evident they had a lot more content planned and in development and just had to cut everything they couldn't make work in time and put all effort into making sure the game they ship runs at all.
SargerusBR
I love Pokken!
(12-09-2016, 12:36 AM)
SargerusBR's Avatar
Never doubt 4chan again.
Hero_of_the_Day
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:37 AM)
Hero_of_the_Day's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ishida

Got some things right. Several things wrong.

Also some bullshit about FFXVI.

Not seeing anything major he got wrong. Barely seeing anything wrong in general, but the tiny bit I do could simply have been changes, espcially with the last delay. If he randomly guessed the parts he got right, he is a fucking prophet.
HMD
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:37 AM)
HMD's Avatar
I hate that this leak gives 4chan leaks a lot more legitimacy from now on.
Bansai
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:37 AM)
Bansai's Avatar
Didn't have my account back then yet, but I remember majority saying it smells like bullshit, they wouldn't do a plot that stupid... yea... good times, I also believed that, mainly because the source of the leak was 4chan where everybody can say anything.

But I think the most important piece of info we can get from that thread now, is he confirmed there were 3 games planned, so no wonder they had to compact the whole story and as a result it feels rushed af with many plot holes.

Originally Posted by HMD

I hate that this leak gives 4chan leaks a lot more legitimacy from now on.

There was also an accurate leak about Tokyo Mirage changes.
MattKeil
BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
(12-09-2016, 12:37 AM)
MattKeil's Avatar
Well, whoever that was turned out to be legit af
Eccocid
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:37 AM)
Eccocid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wollan

"Nobody sitting around making FFXVI"

I for one hope that is true. Get the baggage of FFXV out of the way.
Hammer out a creative FFXVI in three years time with a <100 man team using a solid middleware engine ala UE4.

I bet SE will decide to create a new in-house engine just for FFXVI and give it a weird name again.
Gemeanie
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:38 AM)
The moment SE revealed old Noctis I just knew dude was legit

You can't make up something as dumb as Chapter 0
Lebron
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:39 AM)
Lebron's Avatar
Figured this was true once the movie and anime news came out. They had to salvage that cut up story somehow
texni
Junior Member
(12-09-2016, 12:39 AM)
so... the death stranding 4chan leak could be real?
Ray Down
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:40 AM)
Ray Down's Avatar

Originally Posted by SargerusBR

Never doubt 4chan again.

Nothing it's shit.
Last edited by Ray Down; 12-09-2016 at 02:56 AM.
Maintenance
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:40 AM)
Maintenance's Avatar

Originally Posted by HMD

I hate that this leak gives 4chan leaks a lot more legitimacy from now on.

4chan has a lot of garbage but they also have a pretty stellar record with leaks.

I don't throw something away "just because it came from 4chan" anymore.
Z3M0G
Junior Member
(12-09-2016, 12:40 AM)
Z3M0G's Avatar
Subbed, need to return to this
Kirye
Tragedy is a tool for the living to gain wisdom, not a guide by which to live.
(12-09-2016, 12:41 AM)
Kirye's Avatar
Jesus I was on the front page of that thread wanting so badly to click on those spoilers but refused in the end. Then saw people little by little confirm the leaks when the opening was finally shown.

After having finished the game, I loved it but I do wish it ended up being a trilogy. It could have been amazing, final game would've been adult Noct and friends in the World of Ruin?
SolVanderlyn
Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
(12-09-2016, 12:41 AM)
SolVanderlyn's Avatar

"Do you know anything about the Japanese voice actor of Iedolas? was he changed? i heard he died not long ago."
I don't know much, but they're rerecording a lot of dialogue for the game anyway because it's still in rewrites, especially for the 2nd half. It's in about the same state as bioshock infinite where they showed trailers with the same scenes as the release game, but the release game had 100% different dialogue over a different plot

That Infinite comparison
Muffdraul
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:41 AM)
Muffdraul's Avatar
I remember. Thankfully I forgot most of it between then and last week!
Magnus
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:41 AM)
Magnus's Avatar
Subbed for future reference.
Kouriozan
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:42 AM)
Kouriozan's Avatar
Yes, I remember that leak, was really pised about how the story would and the more we learnt about the game, the more it was legit.
Finished the game and I can attest the story is a big messy thing.
DMONKUMA
Junior Member
(12-09-2016, 12:42 AM)
DMONKUMA's Avatar

Originally Posted by texni

so... the death stranding 4chan leak could be real?

The one where it says the game is a Sci-fi fucked-up version of Sotc?
Shadow Ranger
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:42 AM)
Shadow Ranger's Avatar
I avoided that list out of fear and I was right. The dude was pretty damn accurate minus a small part of final boss,which was probably accurate at the time at that.

So sad that things went this way. I wonder if we'll ever really see Nomura's vision, even if not named FF.
WaterAstro
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:42 AM)
WaterAstro's Avatar
Only part that matters:

Originally Posted by Leona Lewis

With Nomura it would have been good

robotrock
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:42 AM)
robotrock's Avatar

Originally Posted by texni

so... the death stranding 4chan leak could be real?

The Death Stranding leak is built on the basis that the leaker is part of Guillermo Del Toro's team who is working on the game. But as of Kojima's PSX panel, we now know that Del Toro's only involvment in Death Stranding is that he let them scan him for a model in a trailer.
Jarmel
place a shoe on my head
to reduce lag compensation
(12-09-2016, 12:42 AM)
Jarmel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hero_of_the_Day

Not seeing anything major he got wrong. Barely seeing anything wrong in general, but the tiny bit I do could simply have been changes, espcially with the last delay. If he randomly guessed the parts he got right, he is a fucking prophet.

Only thing is the monster version stuff.
The Last One
Member
(12-09-2016, 12:42 AM)
The Last One's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ray Down

How about this?

https://twitter.com/MoogleKupoCake/s...04373012422656

XV world in KH III? Square doesn't make worlds based on Final Fantasy in KH,

Thread Tools