• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
yeah we better play tonight cauuuuuse I probably ain't playing tomorrow lol
Sounds like a plan
I feel like I'm the only person on the planet not buying or giving a fuck about D3
lol Max Payne 3 is my priority for tomorrow, I'm curmudgeonly beyond my years so I dislike pretty much every change they made to Diablo but I'm being peer pressured to get it

Revenant

I feel like I'm the only person on the planet not buying or giving a fuck about D3

SORRY CAN'T HELP YOU FIX YOUR POOR TASTE TOO BUSY ENJOYING GOTY!

BRING ON THE LOOT!

Vince_wwf.gif
Vince_wwf.gif
Vince_wwf.gif

Milly79

Well, finally traded in my first NHL ever. Feels kinda good, and shitty at the same time.

Loved playing with you guys, and will definitely be keeping an eye out on this "gameplay revolution" in NHL 13. No promises I will buy it though.

Good luck guys!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This. I wish those Blizzard pricks would just do a console port.
I'm getting quite a bit of enjoyment from watching my roommate lose his shit because the servers are constantly down and they had the bright idea of needing to be connected to the Internet to play single player.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting quite a bit of enjoyment from watching my roommate lose his shit because the servers are constantly down and they had the bright idea of needing to be connected to the Internet to play single player.

I can imagine. So fucking dumb for an essentially single player game to have those problems.

Well, finally traded in my first NHL ever. Feels kinda good, and shitty at the same time.

Loved playing with you guys, and will definitely be keeping an eye out on this "gameplay revolution" in NHL 13. No promises I will buy it though.

Good luck guys!

Good shit this year, you were the goddamn truth out there, carrying our offensively challenged club for half the season. Glad you came down off your pedestal to play with us mere mortals...

See ya in NHL13, son

Milly79

True Performance Skating and Hockey I.Q. Create Innovative New Gameplay Experience

GM Connected and NHL Moments Live Provide All-New Experiences that Connect Hockey Fans to Their Friends and the Real-World of the NHL

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) announced today the key features for EA SPORTSTM NHL®13, promising the biggest change to the franchise since the introduction of the Skill Stick in NHL® 07. Headlined by all-new True Performance Skating, and supported by an innovative new A.I. system dubbed EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q., NHL 13 will deliver a revamped gameplay experience that accurately captures the speed, creativity and strategy of NHL hockey. In addition, NHL 13 will also deliver new experiences that connect hockey fans to their friends and the real world of hockey with the all-new GM Connected and NHL Moments Live modes. NHL 13 will be available on September 11, 2012 in North America and September 14, 2012 in Europe.

“The NHL team has been a leader when it comes to innovation in the sports videogame category on this console generation by redefining player control with the introduction of the Skill Stick, creating connected experiences such as the EA SPORTS Hockey League and introducing real world physics to the team sports category,” says Dean Richards, General Manager, NHL, EA SPORTS. “With our feature set in NHL 13, hockey fans and sports gamers have a lot to be excited about as we are again going to deliver major innovations that will change the way you play the game.”

NHL 13 delivers an innovative new gameplay experience, accurately capturing the speed, creativity and strategy of today’s NHL through:
True Performance Skating – A game-changing innovation for the franchise that adds physics-driven skating and over 1000 new animations. True Performance Skating authentically replicates the explosiveness, momentum and top end speed displayed by today’s NHL players. True Performance Skating combined with the Skill Stick, finally gives gamers access to the entire toolset of an NHL player, delivering unprecedented control and unlocking a level of creativity never before possible in a hockey videogame.
EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. – An innovative new A.I. system that governs the behaviors of players, goalies and team systems. In previous NHL games, players were only aware of skaters in their immediate proximity and goalies could only react to the player in control of the puck. With EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q., all players are now fully aware of every other player on the ice, resulting in quicker, smarter and more true-to-life decision-making. EA SPORTS Hockey IQ also delivers the deepest and most customizable set of real-world hockey systems and strategies ever for the franchise.
NHL 13 will deliver new experiences that connect hockey fans to their friends and to NHL hockey with:
GM Connected – The ultimate fantasy league with friends. GM Connected takes the franchise’s most popular offline mode, Be a GM, and allows you to play with and against your friends in your own 30-team NHL. Whether you are a hardcore sports gamer or a hockey fan that moonlights as an armchair general manager, the mode offers unrivaled accessibility and depth by allowing players to manage, play or coach on the road to building your team’s legacy. GM’s can also take their experience with them with a mobile companion app, ensuring that they never miss a single moment.*
NHL Moments Live – Rewrite or relive history as you replay some of the most thrilling moments from today’s NHL. NHL 13 evolves the concept introduced by other sports games, introducing each scenario with real-world NHL footage to bring players closer to the intensity of the moment. Moments from the 2011-12 NHL season will ship on disc and new moments from the 2012-13 NHL season will be added as and when available throughout the season.
Fans of the franchise can expect several other improvements and innovations in NHL 13, such as:
Team-First Presentation, which customizes your NHL 13 experience based on your favorite NHL team
The addition of Customizable EA SPORTS Hockey IQ allowing players to create and record their own player and team strategies to a level never before seen in the franchise.
Improvements to core offline and online modes, including Hockey Ultimate Team, Be a Pro, EA SPORTS Hockey League, a refined on-ice presentation, and more.
NHL 13 Stanley Cup® Collector’s Edition Available for Pre-Order

Celebrate over 20 years of EA SPORTS NHL hockey with the first ever collector’s edition on this console generation. With Stanley Cup-inspired digital offerings, the NHL 13 Stanley Cup Collector’s Edition includes:
Exclusive collectible Stanley Cup® tin featuring an embossed Stanley Cup image
Two Stanley Cup® Theme Hockey Ultimate Team packs featuring randomized player items from the Western and Eastern Conference Champions
Gold Jumbo Hockey Ultimate Team Pack (Regular) featuring 24 randomized items, including an exclusive Wayne Gretzky Hockey Ultimate Team Legend and six other rare items
A CCM Boost Pack featuring the all-new CCM RBZ stick (For use in Be a Pro and EA SPORTS™ Hockey League)
A 10% discount on a one-time purchase at shop.NHL.com
A complete copy of NHL 13
MSRP: $79.99

Visit the EA SPORTS NHL 13 website for more details and other pre-order offers.

I said, god damn.

Red_Man

Sounds like they're actually making some legitimate changes, surprise surprise. I'll be up for some games tonight most likely.

found this:

http://www.easports.com/nhl/features

Be a Pro/EASHL
Be a Pro and the EA SPORTS Hockey League return, with improved matchmaking, EASHL Club Captaincy.

Check back in July for further details, assets and insights from the development team.

you guys are falling hard for the PR though. they added some more words to the press release this year but are peddling most of the same shit they have in the past and just calling it a "features" now. They hype the A.I. and/or Presentation every year and it's looked and played pretty much the same for years.

Of course I'm getting NHL13, but I anticipate the skating engine to be as poorly implemented as the "Realistic Full Contact Physics". Get your skirts and glitter ready fellas, because figure skating will be even more popular this year...

Marvie_3

Banned
found this:

http://www.easports.com/nhl/features

you guys are falling hard for the PR though. they added some more words to the press release this year but are peddling most of the same shit they have in the past and just calling it a "features" now. They hype the A.I. and/or Presentation every year and it's looked and played pretty much the same for years.

Of course I'm getting NHL13, but I anticipate the skating engine to be as poorly implemented as the "Realistic Full Contact Physics". Get your skirts and glitter ready fellas, because figure skating will be even more popular this year...
Yeah, anyone who doesn't approach anything EA says with some caution is bound to be disappointed. The need to fix the shooting mechanics while they're at it. Don't allow people to roof it so easily, make pucks go wide more often, and DECREASE ACCURACY AFTER A DEKE OR SERIES OF DEKES.

WHO WILL BE CLUB CAPTAIN/ALTERNATES???

Milly79

I'm not buying into it fully until I see some actual footage. I can say that I am excited from what I've read, but that really means nothing. i know for sure I'm not as excited to go out and buy it for sure this year.

zsswimmer

Even though I know it's all PR I always get excited when they put new info out. I cling to the hope of a vastly improved game than the year before, but I know it won't happen ;_;

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Even though I know it's all PR I always get excited when they put new info out. I cling to the hope of a vastly improved game than the year before, but I know it won't happen ;_;

Same here, but with Bioware too :(

Red_Man

Can't play with no defenders and that last team was a championship team I'm still up for games later if Marvie comes back or we can get some defenders.

Stat!

Sounds like some decent changes........if they actually work.

Ding Ding Ding.

Every year we hear about AI. Remember how last year player profiles were hyped? Did anyone notice a difference in that? Were they even there? I'm annoyed from the problems in NHL 12 but at least this looks interesting. Including things like each line play style.

Every year we hear about how they'll fix skating so Gill doesnt skate as fast as Kessel. Glad to see the five hole is opened up. A ton of goals are scored from going through the goalie (under the arms, five hole), and it should reflect that more than it has. A breakaway should always been far left or far right.

Online Be-A-GM sounds wicked and we'll have to do a Gaf one. That'll solve a lot of the problems BAGm has too which will be awesome.

Marvie_3

Banned
Ding Ding Ding.

Every year we hear about AI. Remember how last year player profiles were hyped? Did anyone notice a difference in that? Were they even there? I'm annoyed from the problems in NHL 12 but at least this looks interesting. Including things like each line play style.

Every year we hear about how they'll fix skating so Gill doesnt skate as fast as Kessel. Glad to see the five hole is opened up. A ton of goals are scored from going through the goalie (under the arms, five hole), and it should reflect that more than it has. A breakaway should always been far left or far right.

Online Be-A-GM sounds wicked and we'll have to do a Gaf one. That'll solve a lot of the problems BAGm has too which will be awesome.
Already have people calling dibs in the other NHL threads.

Stat!

Already have people calling dibs in the other NHL threads.

What would be awesome is if we are able to import our own custom teams (doubtful) or do a fantasy draft (hopeful?)

I always disliked that. It would be awesome if we could upload our own custom teams to play against our friends.

Of course, custom rosters would be awesome but EA would never allow that.

I'm still hoping for my EHM 07 sequel.

Marvie_3

Banned
What would be awesome is if we are able to import our own custom teams (doubtful) or do a fantasy draft (hopeful?)
Would be a stupid mode to have without a fantasy draft option.

I always disliked that. It would be awesome if we could upload our own custom teams to play against our friends.

Of course, custom rosters would be awesome but EA would never allow that.

I'm still hoping for my EHM 07 sequel.

Sounds kinda like HUT.

Stat!

Would be a stupid mode to have without a fantasy draft option.
You put far too much faith in them doing Be-A-GM Online fully featured than I do. :p

I'm hoping for full teams. Allowing for team substitutions, custom teams, fantasy draft, upgrades, drafts, player development, scouting, being able to switch teams in the middle (i.e I can go from Toronto to Pittsburgh in season 10), and the ability to sim seasons or shorten seasons.

Sounds kinda like HUT.

Not entirely since we can't choose just anyone (well you can but it takes hours to build your own team with your favourite players). I just want to create a team of my favourite guys and go against my friends with their favourite guys. Or maybe favourite CHL players vs CHL players. Just a ton of stuff.

Stat!

How was that putting faith in them? All I said was it'd be stupid to not have it in, which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see fantasy draft left out.

I apologize. It was just a light-hearted joke. Breathe. I wasn't trying to insinuate anything about your feelings towards the NHL Dev team or anything like that, I was just inferring mine.

Red_Man

Has anyone here ever joined / created an online league? I play a lot of vs online and would like to join one but don't really know where to find one I could join.

Stat!

Has anyone here ever joined / created an online league? I play a lot of vs online and would like to join one but don't really know where to find one I could join.

I have. It's pretty gimped. You can trade players between teams but other than that, not much to it. You can't sim the games either.

Set the number of games that you play everyone then the playoffs. We had about 10 people and played 95% of our games (3 games vs everyone) but when someone isn't playing, it holds everyone up which is why the league died.

If you're looking to play some one on one with someone who isn't going to glitch goal and pick Pittsburgh/Vancouver/Boston every time, I don't mind playing some friendly games with you if you're up for it.

Top Bottom