• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSLink

Banned
The hydra car thing surprising people reminds me when I mentioned that you can force character select in VS to have "Take you for a ride" to play. It's not just training mode. :v

Ultron-Sigma must have eliminated all mutants, inhumans, and 50% of both universe's populations within the first 88 days. We need an Injustice style prologue series detailing the fall of the Marvel and Capcom universes before the game starts

paolo11

Well, he's not in a coma in MvCI, also Spider Man(I think) and Nemesis are dead, and everything related to Dead Rising, Mega Man and Darkstalkers is dead too, yet here we are. ;p

X and Zero
turned to
Bio Metals
, no? I don't think
they are dead.

But how did
Spider-Man die?

X and Zero
turned to
Bio Metals
, no? I don't think
they are dead.

But how did
Spider-Man die?

Ultimate Peter Parker Spider-man died, but the original Spider-man is still alive.
I think they brought back Ultimate Peter anyway before Secret Wars killed the Ultimate Universe

Unless he means the
MVC Spider-man, who died in Spider-verse

I'll play Ultron if he has this alt

tumblr_mqbi6n7uWS1rnw4m5o1_1280.png

McNum

I'm thinking Ultron will get his movie version as an alt before anything else. Not that I particularly want that version, it just makes sense to use the form most people know about as the first alt.

Dirtbag

I'm thinking Ultron will get his movie version as an alt before anything else. Not that I particularly want that version, it just makes sense to use the form most people know about as the first alt.

They are already so similar though. I dunno

Ryce

I don't think we're going to get movie costumes. Even the obviously promotional Thor: Ragnarok costumes for Thor and Hulk look drastically different than the movie versions.

Ryce

How long before release are comic book variant covers usually revealed? I'm desperately waiting on Spider-Man #19.

How long before release are comic book variant covers usually revealed? I'm desperately waiting on Spider-Man #19.

I want to see the Jedah and Venom (not necessarily on the same one, mind you) ones. Though Defenders and Spider-man and Thor's second variants I desperately want to see

I'd say they have to announce next week's variants tomorrow at the least since today is a week before

Spider-man/Deadpool: Haha gee I wonder who'll be on that one?
Spider-man #19

releases

and the ones we know about also release

Genhulk/hulk
avengers
all new gotg
champions
hawkeye

Well, at least you can say they went all out on emulating that classic Marvel feel.

Edit: Tomorrow is Thusday, the day the previews update! Next week's variants should def be up tomorrow.

Ryce

The sensible approach would be to reveal Dormammu, Firebrand, and any new character(s) that might appear on the Spider-Man cover through screen shots and videos before the covers are officially unveiled, but Capcom is rarely a sensible company. I could easily see the comics being on store shelves for weeks before Capcom acknowledges the characters as playable in MvCI.

Should, but they might wait until Capcom and Marvel drop a trailer or something. Not likely but plausible that they might maybe Monday?
For the record, Thursday at noon ET is usually when Capcom would do random info drops for SFV.

What day and time did the first story trailer drop?

Edit: It was a Tuesday at about 10AM ET. So no correlation with SFV's times it seems.

Goon

Ultron-Sigma must have eliminated all mutants, inhumans, and 50% of both universe's populations within the first 88 days. We need an Injustice style prologue series detailing the fall of the Marvel and Capcom universes before the game starts

Why haven't they made a comic series for mvc? Seems like a great way to sell comics

Like sfv had one done

Neoxon

That kinda limits your options for DLC, especially when you factor in the X-Men's rumored arrival via DLC later down the road.

That kinda limits your options for DLC, especially when you factor in the X-Men's rumored arrival via DLC later down the road.

I mean, DLC doesn't have to be canon to the story

and it was a joke. An in-story explanation for the lack of specific characters

EDIT: And I guess if Ultron Sigma's defeated they could use the Infinity Gauntlet to bring everything back to normal

vg260

The sensible approach would be to reveal Dormammu, Firebrand, and any new character(s) that might appear on the Spider-Man cover through screen shots and videos before the covers are officially unveiled, but Capcom is rarely a sensible company. I could easily see the comics being on store shelves for weeks before Capcom acknowledges the characters as playable in MvCI.

It's so frustrating to see Capcom reveal stuff in such a clunky way, especially after seeing how well NR handled their lead-up to Injustice 2 in the few months before release. Little bits of new information and reveals almost weekly was a ton of fun and kept people engaged constantly. It highlights the internal company communication issues between Capcom America and Japan, I guess.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's so frustrating to see Capcom reveal stuff in such a clunky way, especially after seeing how well NR handled their lead-up to Injustice 2 in the few months before release. Little bits of new information and reveals almost weekly was a ton of fun and kept people engaged constantly. It highlights the internal company communication issues between Capcom America and Japan, I guess.

Thing is, structure to reveals or announcements is what creates hype because it creates anticipation. That's why we have firm release dates, after all.

This is just random or our best guesses at the game's next appearance, not knowing for sure until days before at times. And because the way they've clumped up the reveal because.. it saves them money on trailers? I have no idea why they'd do that when we all know how far the Dojo and even MvC3's semi-regular barrage of information goes as far as creating and sustaining hype. Doing the opposite of this is exactly what reduces confidence in the product, as is happening with MvC:I.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you entitled bastards, back in my day we had no internet, we had to wait for monthly magazines! Magazines, mde of paper!

Imported magazines in my case cause my country was so behind on news too! ;_;

you entitled bastards, back in my day we had no internet, we had to wait for monthly magazines! Magazines, mde of paper!

Imported magazines in my case cause my country was so behind on news too! ;_;
Pffft at least you had magazines. In my country back in 90s only way I would find out about new games is when i used to go to stores and check new release section. Or walk into the local arcades and see a new cabinet. I didn't even know resident evil 3 existed until I saw it at a London airport store back in 99.

J-Tier

So the Punisher is now War Machine. Eh, dunno how I feel about it. It's more than he needs.

Question now is, how do they replace Black Widow for the time being?

New legacy character named the Brown Widow lol.
A common spider around where I live, looks like a Black Widow and is highly venomous like one, but is brown in color, lays spiky egg sacs, and is more aggressive. Would be the lamest name ever though lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
War Machine has always been a jobber in the comics tho, bout time someone came in to get some actual work done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom