• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 Premieres May 21 - 2 Hour Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.
C1w3OdqVQAEIZFh.jpg:large

http://tvline.com/2017/01/09/twin-peaks-revival-premiere-date-showtime/

Better brush up on your backwards-speak, because Twin Peaks‘ journey back into the red room will begin on Sunday, May 21, at 9/8c, with a two-hour premiere.

All told, the revival will consist of 18 hours, Showtime president and CEO David Nevins announced on Monday afternoon at the Television Critics Association winter press tour.

Nevins also shared that immediately following the two-hour opener, Episodes 3 and 4 will be available On Demand and via Showtime's streaming platform.

”We've seen the whole thing... and the version of Twin Peaks you're going to see is the pure-heroin version of David Lynch," Nevins said. ”I'm very excited to put that out."

FOUR HOURS OF NEW TWIN PEAKS ON MAY 21. HOLD ME

EDIT: There's also a panel later today at 5:00 pm PST that includes Kyle MacLachlan and Laura Dern so hold onto your butts for more details and a potential trailer!

EDIT 2: Additional plot details from Nevins:

Storyline-wise, Nevin would only reveal that it's ”about Agent Cooper's odyssey back to Twin Peaks," and that an ”emotional" story grounds the 18-hour run.

Those waiting for a trailer, meanwhile, should plan on waiting. Maybe forever. Nevins indicated that a themed series of teasers (a la American Horror Story) could unspool prior to its May premiere.

Still holding out for at least a teaser today.

Cannot fucking wait. Lynch's uncompromised vision hopefully.

This is the quote to dispel those fears:

“We’ve seen the whole thing… and the version of Twin Peaks you’re going to see is the pure-heroin version of David Lynch,” Nevins said. “I’m very excited to put that out.”

Lynch has full creative control and final edit afaik. Well, along with Frost's input.

kevin1025

Banned
Four hours in a single day. What a time to be alive.

...then a two week wait :(

The option of waiting for episodes 3 and 4 or watching all four is already impossible to decide!

But May is sooner than I thought, so I'm all in on that!

Adding some quotes from Nevins (Showtime honcho) as they happen:

”It's designed to be a closed-ended, one-time event" says David Nevins

Nevins: Pay attention to details to put things together over time when you watch #TwinPeaks2017. #TCA17

That latter quote has me hopeful to a partial narrative style akin to Mulholland Drive's re: clues sprinkled throughout.

Necron

giphy.gif

Through the darkness of future's past,
The magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds...
"Fire... walk with me."

kevin1025

Banned
Also... a pure heroin version of Twin Peaks, after what Twin Peaks was...

Could be the craziest thing to air on television for some time.

grumpy

How can someone watch this legally on their PC/Mac in the EU the exact same time it's gonna air in the US?

kevin1025

Banned
How can someone watch this legally on their PC/Mac in the EU the exact same time it's gonna air in the US?

Not sure if you get it, but Sky Atlantic or someone like them will likely pick up the rights, if they have streaming on their site and all that.

(I don't know the answer, though.)

Cheebo

Banned

Likely you cannot unless they have Showtime there. Sky I think has the rights but likely won't air till a bit later after.

NeoGC

Neo Member
Why do I have to be on the Netflix bandwagon and not rich enough to get Showtime for this? Noooooo... ;(

...That all being said, hearing the good news makes me want to go back and rewatch the old Twin Peaks episodes. Last time I saw them, I thought they aged pretty well.

grumpy

Likely you cannot unless they have Showtime there.

I recently moved to Portugal so I'm not sure about local TV networks or if any of them has an affiliation with Showtime. I was looking for a place to stream this, from showtime themselves if possible. Their website has links to different content providers (Apple, Android, Amazon, etc) but I'm not sure if they will stream this the exact same time it's gonna air in the States.

Netflix doesn't work in Portugal, afaik. Also, I don't want to watch it on my smartphone. So I am looking for a way to stream this on my Macbook : /

border

I doubt that you will be able to watch it live as the show airs.

A HULU subscription and a VPN will probably let you watch it on-demand.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
For a one and done season, 18 episodes is fantastic. Ho0e the pacing is on point since theres a whole lotta catching up to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom