• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Velcro Fly

I remember when Bravely Default first came out and the LE boxes were shipped in bubble mailers and people's stuff got wrecked. I lucked out and they shipped mine in a box.

I think it is fucking bullshit if you are paying $99 a year for Prime that you get shitty packaging like this.

Best Buy has been really good lately about shipping things in boxes. If not for exclusive I'd say fuck Amazon for amiibo for real.

Thank God, I'm an out of box collector

DDNLnsvUAAAexOY.jpg

why amazon? i skipped my lunch and you send it in a bubble envelope? what's wrong with you =/

just got in. got my package from the doorman. the envelope was torn in pieces but thankfully the package was decent. top was bent but not too bad.

Mine also came in a bubble wrap mailer that was posted earlier but it looks great! No dents or creases that I can see.

Finally something arrived in good condition.

KingBroly

Banned
Got a return-less refund and a month extra of Prime.

whatever.

Still ticks me off. I shouldn't have to order a 2nd item to force them to ship it in a box. Jackasses

Messiek

How's the amiibo stock usually in stores? (Looking for the Charizard, Bowser jr., Zelda 8bit)

Will I be able to buy the bayonetta and cloud amiibos on the day of release?

Jawmuncher

How's the amiibo stock usually in stores? (Looking for the Charizard, Bowser jr., Zelda 8bit)

You might find a charizard in store and that's about it.
Bayo and Cloud might be alright since they're their own line. But you're better off preordering them to be safe. Smash line is pretty unpredictable

LiK

Preorder and do in store pick up. Save yourself some grief.

bumpkin

Got mine from Amazon yesterday, also came in a bubble wrap envelope and was crushed to an extent. I'm not a MIB collector thankfully, but if I was, I'd be pissed.

Draxal

My experience mirrors everybody else who ordered from Amazon, Best Buy had my amiibo business for the longest time and will still continue to do so.

TheGrue

Got mine from Amazon yesterday, also came in a bubble wrap envelope and was crushed to an extent. I'm not a MIB collector thankfully, but if I was, I'd be pissed.

I guess is everyone's is crushed then crushed becomes the new standard for "mint."

MADGAME

Received both SS and TP link today. Amazon sent SS in envelope mailer (bastards), but only issue with box is an ever so slight bend in the top portion of thin cardboard. No creases, dents, or other damage so I'm happy. Gamestop shipped TP in a box with air pads, but the box was crushed to shit. Luckily inside it was the same as SS, just a slight bend on the top cardboard. Some slight bending fixed it.

I feel like I lucked out big time, such a gamble with Amiibo in the mail now.

My new additions to the collection:

GG2H76V_d.jpg
They look so good in front of the Master Sword dude

kunonabi

Went ahead and imported mm and ss links from japan. Im sure ill look like an idiot when the restocks happen but im all set for this giant wave of amiibos were riding so thats good enough for me.

Went ahead and imported mm and ss links from japan. Im sure ill look like an idiot when the restocks happen but im all set for this giant wave of amiibos were riding so thats good enough for me.

I imported all three new Links plus the P2's to save myself from hassle. I'm hoping that I don't regret it, haha.

Tomita

I ordered a Splatoon amiibo from Best Buy and even that came in an envelop with a slightly crushed package today. I don't know why you people who keep them in the packaging do this to yourselves, it's torture lol

Luke_Wal

There's nowhere to get the Zelda Champion amiibo, is rhere? Did Best Buy ever even put up their preorders?

- A very casual Amiibo collector (I mostly just have the Fire Emblem line)

Xamdou

There's nowhere to get the Zelda Champion amiibo, is rhere? Did Best Buy ever even put up their preorders?

- A very casual Amiibo collector (I mostly just have the Fire Emblem line)

Yes Bestbuy did have the Champion Amiibo's for a few days up I believe before selling out completely.

JJH

Closest Gamestop that has the TP amiibo is almost 100 miles away. What's the best way to get this without having to drive over an hour to get it. Will Gamestop mail to a closer store here or mail it to me? Anyone have experience with this?

Closest Gamestop that has the TP amiibo is almost 100 miles away. What's the best way to get this without having to drive over an hour to get it. Will Gamestop mail to a closer store here or mail it to me? Anyone have experience with this?

I worked there almost a decade ago, and the most we were ever easily able to do for people would be call the other store from our store, say we were employees, and have the other store (a) verify stock and (b) hold it until the person drove over.

Things might be way different now, but it wouldn't hurt to go into your closest store and have them call the other one.

Nobody has an extra SS Link up for trade,do they? I have some in-box BotW amiibo, including the Guardian. A few other possible rares from Smash as well. Hit me up if you're interested!

KingBroly

Banned
I only pre-ordered 2 BotW amiibo knowing they'd be the hardest to find (they were). Zelda and the Guardian. I have all of them, but the Guardian is pretty sweet

Raitaro

I have not followed the amiibo scene in quite a while so please be gentle when I ask this: what is the best way to get a hold of those two new Metroid amiibo? Did I miss my chance at preordering them and if so, will this mean I will be out of luck indefinitely (unless I pay scalper prices) or does Nintendo nowadays actually produce more after the initial batch?

Any tips on stores etc. are welcome guys, even if it's japanese ones.

guys the metroid, mario wedding and the new zelda botw champs are up on Tokyo Otaku Mode:
https://otakumode.com/search?mode=shop&category=&keyword=amiibo

Might be me but I'm not seeing any amiibo...did they really sell out already?

Top Bottom