• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

MormaPope

Banned
I said this in the VGA's thread when the trailer was just shown, can't believe how wrong I was.

If Phantom Pain is related to Metal Gear Solid in anyway I'll eat all the MGS games I own, a old white dude with a beard isn't nearly enough evidence to even consider it being related to MGS.

Ive-Made-A-Huge-Mistake-Meme-ORIGIN.gif

So many questions now..

Is Metal Gear Solid V the same game as Ground Zeroes?

Or are they separate games? I can't imagine KojPro making two games at once.

But if that really is the case, and MGSV is already confirmed for PS3/360, then does that mean Ground Zeroes is now next gen, or will it still come out on current gen consoles too?

Lime

Wait a minute. Kiefer Sutherland is voicing one of the characters in that trailer. He also starred in Treyarch's World at War, who later went on to develop Black Ops. In that game, which *also* takes place during the Cold War, the main character Alex Mason (excellently voiced by the Sam Worthington) need to talk about numbers throughout the entire game. When he finally remembers the numbers, Alex Mason says: One-Eight-Five-One.

And Moby Dick was released in 1851.

Therefore, Phantom Pain is Black Ops 3 and you are playing as a pirate Alex Mason.

LowParry

You don't think the man who's helping "boss" in the Phantom Pain trailer (main with the wrapped face) is the same one from the Ground Zero's trailer ehhh?

jett

D-Member
I meant different in the sense that it wasn't a typical hollywood/game trailer, and it was conceptually strange even by MGS standards.

Oh sure it's weird. Rewatching it after knowing it's something made by Kojima makes it make more sense somehow, haha.

Wait a minute. Kiefer Sutherland is voicing one of the characters in that trailer. He also starred in Treyarch's World at War, who later went on to develop Black Ops. In that game, which *also* takes place during the Cold War, the main character Alex Mason (excellently voiced by the Sam Worthington) need to talk about numbers throughout the entire game. When he finally remembers the numbers, Alex Mason says: One-Eight-Five-One.

Therefore, Phantom Pain is Black Ops 3 and you are playing as a pirate Alex Mason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PSueHOY-Jk

Oshimai

if the graphics look downgraded, Kojipro could be doing something similar to Bungie and their Destiny game

that is that one of the games will be released for current gen and the other for next gen?

x5wvD.jpg

maybe this is what the word 'two' means in the image above :lol

SRG01

LOL, that's actually quite the coincidence.

Sallokin

Are there any clear shots of the uniforms the soldiers who are shooting are wearing? There's writing/lettering on their elbow pads and I think helmets. Just curious if there's any clues there since they seem to mimic the MGS style of markings.

LiK

Are there any clear shots of the uniforms the soldiers who are shooting are wearing? There's writing/lettering on their elbow pads and I think helmets. Just curious if there's any clues there since they seem to mimic the MGS style of markings.

not until we get a HD version of that trailer

Epcott

Finally watched the video.

Weird.

I think that's Liquid after the events of Shadow Moses.
I noticed that signs, text, and hall directions are blurred out, leaving me to think it was intentional.

The reason why? Because the video is a mirror reflection to throw people off (thinking the wrong arm is amputated).

If the text on walls had been left in, it would be obvious the video is mirrored.

blurry.jpg

braves01

Banned

We need to go deeper.

Alex Mason. Free-Masons. Rivals to the Templars who have also clashed with the Assassins. Assassin's Creed. There have been three mainline AC games. III. 'I' is the 9th letter of the alphabet, therefore III=27. 7-2=5=V. This is actually the next Assassin's Creed game, the trailer was just a scene from the animus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom