• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm finally making a bit of progress in the Champion chapter. done 6/10 now. been joining up with other players and doing T10-13. i can do a T9 greater rift solo within the time limit and can now do a standard rift solo at T10 although it does take quite a while. i got the compass rose/traveler's pledge set so that has helped a lot!

this is my current gear

Nerix

Me and a friend are paragon ~650. If you want to farm specific set items / legendaries: is it faster to farm mats with bounties and upgrade rares with kanais cube, or should you play grifts?

If the first, is farming mats with bounties the most effective way?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Me and a friend are paragon ~650. If you want to farm specific set items / legendaries: is it faster to farm mats with bounties and upgrade rares with kanais cube, or should you play grifts?

I haven't had much luck with the cube or bounties. I've just been doing rifts and spending shards at Kadala and that's where I've got most of my ancients and set items.

Can someone please answer If the console version (ps4) is still having problems with people with hacked items?

Loved this game on ps3 and would like to get back to it on ps4 for that hardcore mode and coop. But if hacked items is a problem I guess I Will pass, takes out the rewarding factor

Wish I just had a computer instead ^_^ even If D3 plays like a charm with controller

Ayumi

Depends on the item. If it's a set item, it's easier to use Convert Set Item in the cube. If it's something else, I'd try Upgrade Rare Item in the cube. Otherwise, spend your shards on it, or wait for it to drop.

FFMafia

does convert set item only work as putting let's say a leg of a Set A and turns it to another part of the body, say chest of Set A? or am I miss understanding it? I did it once and that's what it did for me :( I thought it would change the set itself to another.

KarmaCow

does convert set item only work as putting let's say a leg of a Set A and turns it to another part of the body, say chest of Set A? or am I miss understanding it? I did it once and that's what it did for me :( I thought it would change the set itself to another.

Yea that's how it works, it's only within the same set. It's mostly there just to complete a set early on since the reforged item can't roll as an Ancient.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Can someone please answer If the console version (ps4) is still having problems with people with hacked items?

Loved this game on ps3 and would like to get back to it on ps4 for that hardcore mode and coop. But if hacked items is a problem I guess I Will pass, takes out the rewarding factor

Wish I just had a computer instead ^_^ even If D3 plays like a charm with controller

Yeah, you still need to avoid public games. The console thread is here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872639

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
one of my seasonal objectives is master a set dungeon. it says that is the same no matter what difficulty you have the game set to. i can't remember what difficulty i was playing at when i did a previous objective where i had to complete the set dungeon but i currently feel comfortable at T9. should doing the set dungeon be easier now since i'm way more powerful or is there something else at work to make it harder for me now i'm on a higher seasonal chapter or have higher quality gear equipped?

kennah

one of my seasonal objectives is master a set dungeon. it says that is the same no matter what difficulty you have the game set to. i can't remember what difficulty i was playing at when i did a previous objective where i had to complete the set dungeon but i currently feel comfortable at T9. should doing the set dungeon be easier now since i'm way more powerful or is there something else at work to make it harder for me now i'm on a higher seasonal chapter or have higher quality gear equipped?
From what I've read, the set dungeon difficulty is independent from the difficulty you have for your game.

I've been back into playing this game as I wait for the Switch. I don't know how much time is left in the season, but I just realized it won't let me take my seasonal character into harder difficulties without playing through the campaign. Do I need to do this to level faster or should I be focusing on what ever torments are? I've spent a few nights running bounties and I've passed level 50. This is how far I got last season before it ended. Any advice for progressing through the season faster?

I was thinking that Diablo 3 would be a perfect candidate for HDR. Not only does the game get bright and flashy from spells and abilities, but the dark foreboding areas would also make for even better atmosphere. It seems inevitable that devs are going to implement HDR, but most have been mum on the word.

KarmaCow

The only reward for the final part of the season journey is a portrait frame right? I lucked into getting three conquests done so I'm weighing whether or not it would be worth it to gear up to do a GR70 run.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KarmaCow-1953/hero/44312273

Unless I'm missing something, I really only need ancient variants of my current gear, maybe some rerolls with area damage right?

Set dungeons have a fixed difficulty which can be good or bad depending on the objectives. There could be cases where you kill enemies too fast, making it more difficult to get the "kill/hit X enemies with one attack" but for the most part, with better gear it becomes easier to complete.

I've been back into playing this game as I wait for the Switch. I don't know how much time is left in the season, but I just realized it won't let me take my seasonal character into harder difficulties without playing through the campaign. Do I need to do this to level faster or should I be focusing on what ever torments are? I've spent a few nights running bounties and I've passed level 50. This is how far I got last season before it ended. Any advice for progressing through the season faster?

Rifts are generally the best to level since there's less down time compared to bounties. Try to keep at a difficulty where it takes <8mins to complete the rift and adjust from there. I didn't bother with Torment until after max level. You could also try getting power levelled by either asking the clan chat or joining a power levelling community.

Ultratech

The only reward for the final part of the season journey is a portrait frame right? I lucked into getting three conquests done so I'm weighing whether or not it would be worth it to gear up to do a GR70 run.

Correct.

Personally, I stopped there, but if you really want the Portrait (or have most of the other objectives done), go for it.

I think they are done with major changes for the PTR. Zuni is still a disappointment to me. That 4 pc bonus kills the set IMO. The fetishes just get in the way of the Gargs so Carnevil or bust. And the hit with a mana spender makes the cat herding even worse.

I got to 84 solo with Helltooth but I don't think I have it in me to get ancient jewelry to push.

Anybody here playing witchdoctor in season 9? I need tips on 4 minute T13 rift season journey objective. I think I ran like 20 T13 rifts straight but still can't make it in time. :(

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/boybrushdred-1332/hero/84486739

Fish for the bigger graveyard map. Or keep trying public games until you actually find 1 or 2 non-leechers.

EDIT - Your build looks fine for that.

Rifts are generally the best to level since there's less down time compared to bounties. Try to keep at a difficulty where it takes <8mins to complete the rift and adjust from there. I didn't bother with Torment until after max level. You could also try getting power levelled by either asking the clan chat or joining a power levelling community.

I was lucky enough to get into a random power leveling group one night. It was enough to take me from lvl 50 all the way up to paragon 68. I've been mopping up the rest of the quests needed for the season. I got to learn some interesting things about crafting but I can't seem to find Jewelry craft recipes. Where do I get those? It also wants me to get to lvl 20 in a greater rift. Do I just keep going through the rift after I beat the boss?

I was lucky enough to get into a random power leveling group one night. It was enough to take me from lvl 50 all the way up to paragon 68. I've been mopping up the rest of the quests needed for the season. I got to learn some interesting things about crafting but I can't seem to find Jewelry craft recipes. Where do I get those? It also wants me to get to lvl 20 in a greater rift. Do I just keep going through the rift after I beat the boss?

Gem crafting items drop from bounty caches.

Greater rifts have a difficulty level you pick when you start one. Beating a GR of a certain level means killing the Rift Guardian before the 15-minute timer runs out. Doing this unlocks higher levels to select.

Say you can only select a 12, you do and beat it before the timer expires, next time you could maybe select up to 14. And so on.

So.... I've put a bit more time into my character.

Granader Demon Hunter. My play time for it is about 28 and a half hours. The last 15 or so hours were after I started grouping and got power leveled. Now I'm feeling pretty comfortable in the more end game activities.

Oh, the enemy for the wings only drops in goblin portals. I did not know this. I am really glad I was not farming for them.

Next season will be Generator Monk, Marauder DH, Thorn/Hammer Crusader, or Manald/Orb Wiz. Got no desire for Barb and been running too much WD lately.

kennah

That was fun. Started a new season character.

Between Gem of Ease, Brom's Set, Cain's Set, and a Hellfrie Ring,

I went from Level 28 to 51 in a single Nephalim Rift.

Finished my build's last 2 cube items last night. Getting Zoey's Secret increased my toughness by 38 million. I get 9% less damage for every companion I have active and my marauder set makes it so I have all companions active. The difference is night and day. Once my gems are at lvl 25, I'll start soloing the higher greater rifts for ancients. Or I might just drop everything once the switch is out. I'm not sure yet. Having a solid group of people to drop in on has probably been the best part of the experience. The game is more fun with people.

8byte

Banned
No new developments, unfortunately. I can't wait, though!

Same. I really love the game, and even if seasons don't inject massive amounts of new content, it's a great reason for me to play the game and give it even more longevity (and play with other people who aren't cheaters! Woot!).

Xanathus

Heads up, there's an unmentioned event going on during the month of March. Head to Chief Kanai in Act 3 Ruins of Sescheron and he will open a portal to the Stomping Grounds where you will have to kill every cow in the map. On the last 7 days of March, 24th to 31st, completing this event will reward you with a chest that drops a unique transmog "Kanai's Scorn".

More info here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/5wt68q/reminder_kanais_scorn_is_available_only_in_march/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljjmey2yaDs

Ayumi

Heads up, there's an unmentioned event going on during the month of March. Head to Chief Kanai in Act 3 Ruins of Sescheron and he will open a portal to the Stomping Grounds where you will have to kill every cow in the map. On the last 7 days of March, 24th to 31st, completing this event will reward you with a chest that drops a unique transmog "Kanai's Scorn".

More info here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/5wt68q/reminder_kanais_scorn_is_available_only_in_march/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljjmey2yaDs
I feel like everyone should know why the event exists, and why it's happening once a year during March. I know this isn't new info, but it is to some.

It's a tribute to Blizzard/Diablo 3 employee Kevin Kanai Griffith who passed away from cancer in 2014. Kanai in Diablo 3 is actually Kevin's in-game Barbarian, and the event is held every March because of this birthday. That's why you can get the Skorn last week of
March (when he celebrated his birthday).

Blizzard's article about it: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19817367/patch-230-preview-kanais-cube-7-28-2015
Includes a video worth watching: https://youtu.be/V0dluBgUqsI

Lanrutcon

I feel like everyone should know why the event exists, and why it's happening once a year during March. I know this isn't new info, but it is to some.

It's a tribute to Blizzard/Diablo 3 employee Kevin Kanai Griffith who passed away from cancer in 2014. Kanai in Diablo 3 is actually Kevin's in-game Barbarian, and the event is held every March because of this birthday. That's why you can get the Skorn last week of
March (when he celebrated his birthday).

Blizzard's article about it: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19817367/patch-230-preview-kanais-cube-7-28-2015
Includes a video worth watching: https://youtu.be/V0dluBgUqsI

That's a cool tribute.

Sweet. I'll hop back on right away. The two quickest really. Probably the gold one and cursed chest if the right one spawned?

oh conquests? I found the TX in 2 minutes (group) and GR45 with no set items. The later one is super easy with a LoN ring and some ancients.

what is your in game name?

I'm fairly sure I did it with a set item equipped this season, you just must not have any set bonuses enabled.

I'm sure it is no green items, at least since season 5. Back when LON Bombardment Crusader was hot, I switched my LON rings with 2 random rings, and did not receive the achievement because I was wearing one green item, the Invoker shoulders.

7NIK7HQ.png

Step your games up, Monks. You have 2 weeks. I expect to be sitting right there in 2 weeks. I haven't even augmented my gear yet.
zWVbK.gif
zWVbK.gif
zWVbK.gif
zWVbK.gif

#barelyTrying
#ZZzzzZZZzz

kennah#1358 is my battlenet. I guess my in game is a Wizard named Empinada?

Friend request sent.

Top Bottom