• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

Sioen

I'm not liking 0.2 while kingdom hearts has always been dramatic this doesn't have anything light hearted in it.. at least the graphics and gameplay are great..

raven777

I'm not liking 0.2 while kingdom hearts has always been dramatic this doesn't have anything light hearted in it.. at least the graphics and gameplay are great..

Well I guess under the circumstances it doesn't have much to be light hearted on...

But I am sure KH3 will have plenty of light hearted moments.

Kalentan

So I assume I need to play 3D before I play 0.2, right?

I will admit. I never did play Birth By Sleep but I watched the old Game Trailers timeline video of Kingdom Hearts which went over it. (I probably will play it once it's on PS4)

But I was wondering if 0.2 assumes you've played 3D before hand.

raven777

So I assume I need to play 3D before I play 0.2, right?

I will admit. I never did play Birth By Sleep but I watched the old Game Trailers timeline video of Kingdom Hearts which went over it. (I probably will play it once it's on PS4)

But I was wondering if 0.2 assumes you've played 3D before hand.

yes but I never played it before 3D. What's really important is playing bbs before 0.2 since it's directly connected..

Just finished back cover, found it really enjoyable - somehow I got really engaged in the story and the conflict.

Though like traditional KH fashion finishing it really just opens up more questions than having answered any...

What's in the box? Some one tell me WHATS IN THE BOX!!

Time to get back to 0.2 and work towards that secret boss everyone is talking about.
KH3 cannot come soon enough..

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Its not going to be lighthearted considering Aqua is in the realm of darkness. She had a pretty bad time there

zulux21

yes but I played it before 3D. What's really important is playing bbs before 0.2 since it's directly connected..

huh I will have to play DDD at some point as it didn't feel all that important that I didn't play DDD.

either way watching the credits roll on .2

overall it gives me high hopes for 3 as long as it feels less tech demoy.

while a number of things were cool they also felt like testing rooms designed to play around with what they could do that they couldn't do on the ps3.

it's rather short, but I needed to play DDD at some point anyways which was the other reason I got this collection.

I will have to pay attention to see if the ps4 version of 1.5/2.5 will be worth it or if i should just play my ps3 copies that I never got around to playing. (I really should finish terra and ven's story line in BBS. beat it with aqua and played those two side by side through like 3/4ths of their story lol)

Alucrid

Banned

it sure is a lot of maudlin voice over whilst the camera pans across aqua's body

raven777

huh I will have to play DDD at some point as it didn't feel all that important that I didn't play DDD.

either way watching the credits roll on .2

overall it gives me high hopes for 3 as long as it feels less tech demoy.

while a number of things were cool they also felt like testing rooms designed to play around with what they could do that they couldn't do on the ps3.

it's rather short, but I needed to play DDD at some point anyways which was the other reason I got this collection.

I will have to pay attention to see if the ps4 version of 1.5/2.5 will be worth it or if i should just play my ps3 copies that I never got around to playing. (I really should finish terra and ven's story line in BBS. beat it with aqua and played those two side by side through like 3/4ths of their story lol)

I meant to say I also didn't played 3D. It's not as big deal as bbs, but I do feel the ending of 0.2 kinda spoils some aspect of 3D..

Had it for preordered for 51$ but realized I'd be mostly buying 3D again...

I think I can wait for it to hit like 20$ to watch the movie and play Aqua's 4 hour story.

Kalentan

I will say while yeah, I know 3D was a 3DS game. The leap watching the cutscene in 3D with Yen Sid and then watching the one with Yen Sid in 0.2... Damn, the graphical leap. Although 3D was on the 3DS... It technically does have some better graphics than KH2, right?

aqua lost both her friends and is trapped in a place trying to break her, she is doing the best she can

LPKkQF5.png

Tsunamo

I will say while yeah, I know 3D was a 3DS game. The leap watching the cutscene in 3D with Yen Sid and then watching the one with Yen Sid in 0.2... Damn, the graphical leap. Although 3D was on the 3DS... It technically does have some better graphics than KH2, right?
It's on the Birth By Sleep engine, so it's about there. I'd say up till 0.2 they're all on similar levels, but with that said DDD has some of the most colourful world design in the series for me personally.
Fantasias world
in particular looks absolutely beautiful.

Kalentan

It's on the Birth By Sleep engine, so it's about there. I'd say up till 0.2 they're all on similar levels, but with that said DDD has some of the most colourful world design in the series for me personally.
Fantasias world
in particular looks absolutely beautiful.

I see.

I will say one weird thing about 0.2.

The cutscenes are real time but any changes you made to Aqua aren't present. So like I made part of her outfit red but then in the cutscene it looked normal and the moment the HUD appeared, it suddenly popped back to being red.

I see.

I will say one weird thing about 0.2.

The cutscenes are real time but any changes you made to Aqua aren't present. So like I made part of her outfit red but then in the cutscene it looked normal and the moment the HUD appeared, it suddenly popped back to being red.

well then they are not rendered in real time then, which is strange cause the other games are

Kalentan

well then they are not rendend in real time then, which is strange cause the other games are

Pretty sure they're rendered in real time. Since the game seamlessly went from being in the cutscene to gameplay. No cuts or anything. If they were pre-rendered, there would be noticable stuff and not as seamless.

zulux21

I meant to say I also didn't played 3D. It's not as big deal as bbs, but I do feel the ending of 0.2 kinda spoils some aspect of 3D..

ah... well I didn't feel like there was much from DDD that was spoiled that trailers didn't cover... but alas I might just be missing something lol I mean maybe the
dark vessel thing
but that was basically the plot for KH1 so yeah lol.

I gave up on seriously caring about the story to KH long ago.

there are some main characters
there is some darkness
there is some cult of personality copies...
I kill darkness weilding a sword of key (instead of a chainsaw :( )
and over the years it's moved away from the final fantasy stuff that made me originally play this game to merely disney and original stuff thus... eh... it's fun to kill stuff :p

Loving the new Melody Catcher reality shift in Symphony of Sorcery. I feel like it's clicking with me a lot more than the old one.

Edit: Still annoyed with Country of Musketeers on Side: Sora. Why they kept those two treasure chests in a different section of the reports, I do not know. Really tripped me up that they weren't listed alongside every other Opera House treasure chest.

silva1991

Playing on proud and the first boss slaughtered me.

Combat is great, but it's obviously 99% closer to BBS than 2 aside from the command menu. They didn't even bother updating her animations they look and feel straight from BBS which was already very inferior to KH2's.

Aqua's movement is just so floaty compared to Sora in KH1 and 2(and maybe even DDD)

What I want to say here is that I hope KH3 i closer to 2 when it comes to movement and animations.

Anyways, time to beat that boss.

When I select KH DDD I get a black screen before the title's menu, I have to press any button to pass it. Isn't supposed to play the CG game's opening before the title screen? Is my game corrupted?

digital version BTW.

Skulldead

I gave up on seriously caring about the story to KH long ago.

Yeah same for me, i heard BBS respond to a lot of unanswered question, i was like cool this will help to make me understand that mess was KH2, 358/2 and re:coded... and fuck it they open like 10 more door to bullshit theories.

DDD add
time parallel
, i was done, i clearly don't give a shit anymore.

The movie of CHI help to make any sense ? or it's still way to open and confusing ?

Xadjim

Banned
Yeah same for me, i heard BBS respond to a lot of unanswered question, i was like cool this will help to make me understand that mess was KH2, 358/2 and re:coded... and fuck it they open like 10 more door to bullshit theories.

DDD add
time parallel
, i was done, i clearly don't give a shit anymore.

The movie of CHI help to make any sense ? or it's still way to open and confusing ?

It answeres one question you never had but opens 10 new questions :D Though I like it a lot and while I agree that the story is kind of nonsense, its still very entertaining and the twists are great. I would recommend watching the chi video. The
Master of Masters
appearing in the movie, who is voiced by Ray Chase is actually a really fun to watch character

zaff0796

Neo Member
I was looking forward to playing this tonight, but BBY sent an e-mail stating that shipment has been pushed back to 2/23. I'd cancel it and pick it up in store tonight if I hadn't used the $25 off $100 Visa Checkout coupon.

silva1991

+4 hours and still haven't beaten it(proud mode)

Christ that
third heartless wave
boss just destroyed me lol

I must have died in this demo more than I did in the last three games I played combined.

Playing 0.2 on a non-Pro PS4 and I got stuck in a loading screen after
getting pulled into the mirror
. Anyone else have any issues like that?

Xadjim

Banned

Christ that
third heartless wave

I must have died in this demo more than I did in the last three games I played combined.

Same here. I couldnt get past the boss after that.... I love it

Strings

Christ that
third heartless wave

Yeah, the difficulty is on point. Critical completely removes hp/mp/focus drops from heartless, boxes, lampposts etc, so I'm guessing they're pushing proud as what critical used to be?

silva1991

Same here. I couldnt get past the boss after that.... I love it

Yeah, the difficulty is on point. Critical completely removes hp/mp/focus drops from heartless, boxes, lampposts etc, so I'm guessing they're pushing proud as what critical used to be?

Yup, I'm loving how challenging this is on proud and the enemy variety and designs are great too.

It didn't click at first, but now I'm loving it.

BRB to fight the boss again.

raven777

Yea if this difficulty level is present in KH3, I will probably stick with Proud for KH3.
Critical on 0.2 is a bit too difficult for me + lots of restrictions that makes the game less fun imo.

Aizo

Banned
I meant to be in here early to see all the hate for the final boss in 0.2. What'd I miss? I hated the boss when I played it a couple weekends ago.

newsguy

For someone who's never played and knows nothing about this series, how prominently featured are the Disney characters in this game? I wanted to get something that my son would enjoy watching since he's very into Disney, but I don't want to pick it up and then realize they aren't ever around.

peronmls

For someone who's never played and knows nothing about this series, how prominently featured are the Disney characters in this game? I wanted to get something that my son would enjoy watching since he's very into Disney, but I don't want to pick it up and then realize they aren't ever around.

0.2 Mickey actually fights with you. Donald and Goofy are only in the secret cutscenes.

DDD has a bunch.

Playing 0.2 on a non-Pro PS4 and I got stuck in a loading screen after
getting pulled into the mirror
. Anyone else have any issues like that?

Now I got an actual crash, at the end of the
Forest
area. Should I be worried about my PS4, or is this game just prone to crashing?
On the plus side, autosave put me right back where I was - VERY welcome feature.

Top Bottom