• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Historic Neogaf moments

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Kinda wish I had bookmarked some of the threads that I laughed stupidly hard to throughout the years. I recall one years ago with a Spiderman cosplay thing? I don't know for sure, but I remember losing my shit on that.

But yeah, it's a little disconcerting when you see a few threads being posted and thinking to yourself that you can't quite recall it.. yet you scroll down and see your own post in the damn thread. And already mentioned but Docpan's threads are always great, as well as robertsan's threads.

It's scary going back and reading my posts from the early years. How immature and ridiculous.

ameratsu

I wasn't a member at the time, but ff13 going multi and sales age threads were pretty great a few years ago.

I think my favourite was the gif that someone made for haze, showing the review score that IGN gave, then "administering..." and all the scores changed to 9+.

I've been reading that Best Exits thread and this one killed me: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366574 (10th post). Holy shit, lol.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16070868&postcount=121

That was his third post on GAF.
KuGsj.gif

noah111

Still Alive
Ok, so we got a bunch of historic moments in here... but which is THE MOST historic? I'd go with the whole Dyak incident. Biggest thing to blow up GAF across the gaming media in recent memory, I think.

dyackmadred.gif

I swear to god, it makes me laugh every. single. time.

mamarobotnic? Oh please, he was the death of npd threads. (no offense, but these things are / were way too big). His analysis threads are awesome though, the Yoshi's Island one in particular.

Crushed was a real GAF hero.

in terms of megaton-shit:
FF13 and everything around it was a bloodbath. Outside of Dragona threads (you know, the driving thing), I've yet to see so many get banned so fast.

the few junior welcome threads that I've seen where 'great' as well. When you're not one yourself that is.

zoukka

it sounds so much more pathetic to hear people complain about fanboy wars and "TEH BIAS" in real life than on a message board.

I always cringe when I see fanboys with self photo avatars or catch them in some other thread with photos of them.

Because my brain cannot accept the fact that most of them are not 12-years old.

RSP

The endless Nintendo bashing by Drinky Crow was annoying to me at first, but hilarious when I look back at it. Also I think he mentioned in a thread a couple of years later that he just couldn't be bothered anymore, and that his daughter was enjoying the heck out of her DS :)

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Ok, so we got a bunch of historic moments in here... but which is THE MOST historic? I'd go with the whole Dyak incident. Biggest thing to blow up GAF across the gaming media in recent memory, I think.

dyackmadred.gif

I swear to god, it makes me laugh every. single. time.
That gif is from Mama Robotnick right? Always delivering the goods. The whole Diack debacle was really a thing for the ages.

I remember a cheating thread that Mama Robtnick also immortalized through Trek gif. That shit was hilarious.

Teknoman

it sounds so much more pathetic to hear people complain about fanboy wars and "TEH BIAS" in real life than on a message board.

Seriously, even mentioned Wario lol. But honestly i've never seen bias towards are particular system via mods. Seems like everyone thinks they're biased towards Nintendo...

yamo

Anyone remeber that guy that had a mental breakdown when Steam added a Mac tab, with the apple symbol, to the steam store interface? I can't find the thread. :(

Rapstah

Anyone remeber that guy that had a mental breakdown when Steam added a Mac tab, with the apple symbol, to the steam store interface? I can't find the thread. :(

Oh dude, that was amazing. This is it. Hilarious how he's still a Microsoft nutjob with a Windows 8 avatar.

Hi excuse me my english

1zvz9tk.jpg

this is a advertsing no sense in my client. I PAY MY GAMES TO STEAM!!

Steam moderator closed all my thread http://bit.ly/a0OIs9 http://bit.ly/cyuZdN http://bit.ly/btyz1B

and this is a PM from moderator

You signed the Eula for Steam and that means you accept ANY changes done to it and ANY graphical changes being made.

You don't have any rights to a clean client without Apple Advertising.
This is epic FAIL

Putting the Apple logo in the Windows client is equivalent to putting the pictures of Buddha in the Vatican in Rome.
Even if you may seem a trivial thing, you must remove the Apple logo from the Windows client.
In every forum / blog / site
you create real religious war between Windows users and Apple users.

If you agree pls post here your opinion

EDIT: It's a shame the thread eventually dissolved into people calling each other racial slurs in Italian.

Defuser

Anybody can post that thread where OP was thinking his wife is getting him a psp but in the end it was a mass slaughter due to divorce jokes/get a DS? Never seen so much bans in one thread.

Retro

goddammit

I remember reading that thread as it happened. How you managed to avoid having a "behuhuhu the rub hive" tag is beyond me.

Don't feel bad man; nothing terrible came of it and we all had a good laugh. It's not like you posted something deeply personal, you were just... trippin' balls for our amusement.

Boogiepop

The Dudebro II thread was what got me to sign up for GAF. Watching that unfold was amazing.

E3 bear thread was also pretty great.

That one trans thread where everyone got banned (I believe the one with the lesbian parents and hormone blockers) was odd to watch unfold. I remember distinctly wondering what the hell everyone was talking about on the first page, only to watch virtually all of them get banned for not reading the OP.

Oh, and this thread of course: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446351

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom