• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to jump on that GMG Alan Wake deal when I get home. Oh, and fuck yeah, Capybara.

I wish Behemoth would come to their senses. I would love to see more quality indie games like Castle Crashers and Battle Block Theater on PC.

Oh, sweet! That's been one of the only games I've seen so far that's made me wish I had an iOS device. High-five, capitalism!

Yeah, this is great. Recs should be really low as well, which is good for me as I'm actually currently loving that I can play much of my Steam indie library on my netbook.

Damn. Looks good.

jxnrq.jpg

Maybe they realized where the real money is.

Boom. Appstore destroyed.
This is FANTASTIC news.

svegis

I don't know much about Sword & Sworcery EP, but I do know that it's hitting Steam.

Thank you very much for the heads up! Very interesting, and as others have said, they have said before they weren't going to move out of what was already there. Curiosity ahoy.

Chesskid1

Banned
Going to jump on that GMG Alan Wake deal when I get home. Oh, and fuck yeah, Capybara.

I wish Behemoth would come to their senses. I would love to see more quality indie games like Castle Crashers and Battle Block Theater on PC.

funny you mentioned that, pretty sure there's a behemoth dev entry in the registry.

yeah, 2 apps listed under it, but they are unnamed. they were added today.

that iphone game looks vaguely familiar. think i read about it on giantbomb, pretty sure on a GOTY list. i don't follow iOS.

They should be up immediately after purchasing
http://www.greenmangaming.com/user/account/keys/

Cool, thanks, duder! I looked under my games, and while it was showing my other game keys on that screen, it just had "download" under AW, which took me a page telling me to download Steam.

Also, when I activated it, Steam said it was 104MB, haha. That must be the CE content, because when I go to the Local Files tab, now it says that it will be 7687MB, which sounds more reasonable.

ShaneB

I know absolutely nothing about Swords & Sorcery EP other than all the critical acclaim I hear about it, and that I'm a sucker for a game with pixel art. I'm glad it's coming to Steam!

Wok

I know absolutely nothing about Swords & Sorcery EP other than all the critical acclaim I hear about it, and that I'm a sucker for a game with pixel art. I'm glad it's coming to Steam!

I am not sure if this is what you would call pixel art, yet it may be of any interest to you: Gunpoint.

I got to try the beta, and it is a promising game. It will hopefully come on Steam as it is a finalist in "Excellence In Design" at the IGF 2012.

svegis

I am not sure if this is what you would call pixel art, yet it may be of any interest to you: Gunpoint.

I got to try the beta, and it is a promising game. It will hopefully come on Steam as it is a finalist in "Excellence In Design" at the IGF 2012.

Also something I've kept my eye on, I do remember hearing about Francis going to Valve to interview them, ended up getting Newell and Johnson asking if he wanted to be on Steam. This is just in my memory though, so I cannot offer any source or if he even said yes. Regardless if it comes to Steam or not, Gunpoint surely will an interesting game as well.

ShaneB

"Gunpoint: a game about rewiring things and punching people" Looks pretty interesting :) Watching the video a bit, but I worry it'll turn into another Frozen Synapse for me. A game I love the concept of, but I can't wrap my head around. lol

It's a point-and-click adventure with timing-based combat, basically.

Sounds great to me! Wishlisted! (eventually)

Nabs

Also something I've kept my eye on, I do remember hearing about Francis going to Valve to interview them, ended up getting Newell and Johnson if he wanted to be on Steam. This is just in my memory though, so I cannot offer any source or if he even said yes. Regardless if it comes to Steam or not, Gunpoint surely will an interesting game as well.

It'll be there for sure.

DarkKyo

Does anyone know how to participate in the Modern Warfare 3 free weekend? I keep pressing the giant "FREE WEEKEND" button on the store page but it doesn't do anything like start a download or show me how to get it. WTF steam?

camerooni

Neo Member
Brawl Busters is up, nice to be able to access it through Steam now. They should list for F2P whether they do login consolidation or not, knowing I don't have to make another account would get me more interested in randomly trying some of these other ones out.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/109410?snr=1_41_4__42

Not in aus.. wth.. strange random region restrictions.. if i go to their website and download it - no muss no fuss.. *sigh*

Narag

Does anyone know how to participate in the Modern Warfare 3 free weekend? I keep pressing the giant "FREE WEEKEND" button on the store page but it doesn't do anything like start a download or show me how to get it. WTF steam?

It should be in your library already. Check there.

Volcynika

Should be on your games list already. That's how free weekends work, they just add it to everyone's game list for the period of time it's a free weekend.

MRORANGE

ok so I risked my computer to get the Alliance of Valiant Arms achievement, it took less than 10 minutes to get it. Still have not got my tf2 item though.

Any chance mw3 will go down to $30 any time soon? I really like the pc version but I just can't pay $40+ for it.

check retail, cod maintain's it's price for quite a while (well... until the next one comes along)

Nelo Ice

Banned
Any chance mw3 will go down to $30 any time soon? I really like the pc version but I just can't pay $40+ for it.

Cheapest its been was $35 from Amazon and its steamworks. Besides that don't expect it to hit that price directly from steam until the Activision decides to drop the msrp.

Cheapest its been was $35 from Amazon and its steamworks. Besides that don't expect it to hit that price directly from steam until the Activisoin decides to drop the msrp.

Hmm, the key from amazon works with steam then correct? I'll just wait on amazon to lower it again.

filipe

Mmm, I didn't quite enjoy MW3 on console, always got my ass handed to me. Dominating it on PC though, having a blast. Meh end up double dipping.

In the end makes sense since I had MW2 and BLOPs on PC.

Baha

Does anybody here know how the commentary works in Alan Wake? The page says:
While you play the game listen to the Remedy team's comments about the locations and design. The commentary contains about one hour of videos, you can activate it from the in-game menu options.

Is it both video and audio or just video that you can listen to while you play?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
get it, it's fun, the bugs are long gone and it's not going to get any cheaper, PS: get some friends to join as well.

Hmm, on second thought I've already got too many games to play. Magicka might not get any cheaper, but I'm sure it'll be as cheap pretty soon again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom