• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Global rates are better than JP apparently https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/5u9fts/glb_god_rates_jp_god_rates/

So Aiii really is just a lucky sob (as if there was any doubt :p)

After 550 stones on the SSBKK banner and 5 PHY Champas I have to disagree even with the statistical evidence :p

In all seriousness though I did 12 pulls on JPN including 3 free ones and I already have a large portion of the SSR's I have on global despite having used all the free stones on there. I've not even finished most of story mode on JPN either and have over 350 stones sitting around unused for now.

Durden77

OMFG. I've had him since he released.

A3lDPGg.jpg

I was beginning to think this would NEVER HAPPEN.

These were my troops that pulled this off. Works better than it may look.

I never thought I'd say this, but this guy was truly the MVP.

Solid damage, worked well on the Mono AGL team, and the STUN man. He was stunning like a boss for me at so many good times. I regretted using those crossover Gokus on him to put him at SA 10, but now not as much.

Maybe the most exciting battle I've ever had in this game. What a monster.

nowarning

Finished with the Omega event for now, hardest one so far I think. Gotta do Gogeta 6 times for medals for LR Androids then onto Broly finally.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
No, doing a multi is like doing 10 singles.

I'm not talking about the SSR pull rates, I mean when the actual RNG is "rolled" for what you get. Just because the first unit in his multi was Omega doesn't mean he would have got Omega if he did a single pull.
Stuff like the SSJ3 and "buy guys" tells would indicate that the game rolls on all 10 pulls before you see the first one in a multi, which would lead me to believe that your first pull of a multi would not necessarily have been what you pulled in a single if you had executed the pull at the exact same time.

It's all un-provable though, so shrug.

The new OT is awesome. So crisp and clean!

So I mess up farming Xeno Trunks' strike to raise the SA of my Phy xeno. I didn't know you could only get one super attack level per card, so I wasted a 9 SA card and only got one level. Definitely should've done more reading before I started farming!

So I mess up farming Xeno Trunks' strike to raise the SA of my Phy xeno. I didn't know you could only get one super attack level per card, so I wasted a 9 SA card and only got one level. Definitely should've done more reading before I started farming!

I've made that mistake, which is why I have a SA10 STR Goku from the OnePiece event... whoops! It's so unintuitive though, like it works different for identical cards and non-identical cards.

No, doing a multi is like doing 10 singles.

Not completely true. When you do the multi, you're pulling with the Summon animation it gives you for the entire thing. With singles, it will be different every time.

So say you do a multi and get an SSJ3. That could be anywhere from 1-10 SSR's (usually 1 obviously).

Do a single and get an SSJ3 and you obviously only get that one SSR.

FWIW, and I REALLY hate to say this since I have him too, but the new WT has rendered him virtually useless at this point IMO. He just can't do the damage anymore.

MisterMac

FWIW, and I REALLY hate to say this since I have him too, but the new WT has rendered him virtually useless at this point IMO. He just can't do the damage anymore.

At least you can still use him to grind out 20 consecutive wins and secure a GSSR? I kinda hate the new WT a lot. Speaking as someone who has all the cards besides TEQ Bardock to pull of a Majin Vegeta nuke. I'd rather the mindless grind than the high risk mindless grind of x20

I really hate RNG sometimes. Worst Orb placement led to certain defeat vs Nova and Ein Shenron. Shouldn't have looked away but man that is so irritating. Time to wait for energy to regen since my exp bar is about 1 inch from filling.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Can't really come up with a good team that isn't just "put my best STRs behind Omega lead". It's not very nuanced compared to my TEQ team.

Can't really come up with a good team that isn't just "put my best STRs behind Omega lead". It's not very nuanced compared to my TEQ team.

This is basically me. AGL isn't consistent enough for me shockingly. Those dragons brothers can really shred you if you don't cancel their supers. Maybe mono INT or STR would be better for me. Especially STR since I have a lot of good GT STR units.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Well pretty much all the mono teams are essentially "best damage I can do, with 1-2 utility dudes", with consideration given to links. I guess the main difference is most of the other colors have good units that are both damage and utility, whereas the most common utility for STR is reduce defense (which is basically just more damage). The -30% attack debuff Omega has makes tanks fit into STR nicely though, and there a couple of very nice options like SSJ3 Vegeta and Rildo, the later of which has metamorphosis which a couple other STR units have and can provide a bit of healing.

150 stones and no SSR on this fest between both accounts.

Going back to the last dokken fests - Buuhan and SSBKK Goku - I have used a total of 400 stones and did not get a single SSR.

What the hell did I do to piss off these devs?

Anoregon

No banner SSR's or no SSR's at all? No SSR at all in 80 pulls is absurdly bad luck.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gohan is the next LR card coming, according to VJump.

The base card is gotten through gasha... ahhhhhhh

Baby Saga is back up and so are the Elder Kais that you can buy with the Satan medals!

Any other STR GT characters? Mine is pretty tank heavy with Metal Rildo and the SSJ3 Vegetas. Maybe someday I'll get STR SSJ3 GT Goku.

Baby Saga is back up and so are the Elder Kais that you can buy with the Satan medals!

too... much... to.... do...

gotta love how global goes from having not enough to do to too much to do. Still gotta finish Broly (about halfway there), do 5 runs on Omega (haven't tried him yet), a few more on Vegeta for Android medals, and then farm the crap out of GT/awakening medals/Bulma (when she arrives)

edit: oh wow the free Vegeta card from GT has a TUR in Japan that's really good (for a free card) http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Threat_of_Erosion_Super_Baby_1

Meneses

Gonna farm GT event to get medals to awaken Vegeta, then buy the Elder Kai plus the awakening kai medals.

Did Omega once for the stone, was relatively easy with mono AGI with a few GT characters, but I have no real reason to keep doing it.

Wish we had the Frieza event so I could get the Angry Doku medals I need to awaken the androids.

Meneses

Do I start awakening my WT Piccolo or is that just dumb?

I think one of the Piccolos that drops from the strikes has a 50% chance to increase the WT Piccolo SA (not sure which one), so you could hold on to it until it comes around.

I might be wrong about this lol

I think one of the Piccolos that drops from the strikes has a 50% chance to increase the WT Piccolo SA (not sure which one), so you could hold on to it until it comes around.

I might be wrong about this lol

I awakened my piccolo to UR and SSR piccolos (awakened from SR) have a 50% chance to raise super.

I did 2 yesterday and neither took....

also just wasted 50 stam because I accidentally took the wrong team to Broly :(((((((( profound sadness

Anoregon

oh Baby saga is nice, I need to get that Baby Vegeta and level his super since he's good for LR Frieza.

Anoregon

Whew, 77 omega medals!

But he's still not 100 and I'm out of friend points, lel.

MiTYH

Ugh, I need to start Omega. Have no units for the medals, but might as well farm it. I did finish the farmable INT Dragon to SA10, took forever with low drops.

Going to try it with:
Double SV Leads
SSGSSKK Goku
SSG Goku
SSJ Teen Gohan (family kamehameha one)
SSJ Kid Goten
Whis

Hopefully that's enough. Might swap one for Gogeta for links/damage variety, or maybe Janemba.... we'll see

EDIT: How are you mono-AGL teams getting through that PHY stage? He attacks 2-3 times a turn in different places, wound up having to use most of my items there. His super was like.. 80k against SV, used baba's whenever I saw them.

Wound up using 2 Babas, 2 Senzus, 1 Dende, and 1 Ghost usher (to avoid a locked non-SV at the start of a turn when I was near full health)

Anoregon

EDIT: How are you mono-AGL teams getting through that PHY stage? He attacks 2-3 times a turn in different places, wound up having to use most of my items there. His super was like.. 80k against SV, used baba's whenever I saw them.

I have Oceanus to keep him sealed, so I really only ever eat a super if it's a preemptive on a round where the seal is expiring (which is not super common.) His standard hits against non-SV units are still 25k+ though so I do end up using a senzu and a yemma/usher to get through the stage most of the time. Sometimes I'd get lucky and he'd spend most of his time sealed and attacking SV, or getting a lucky chain of stuns in thanks to Whis and Leaping Ever Higher Goku,

Also, GT links are a big deal. I almost always trigger a Dokkan during the physical stage, and if I'm able to get it on SSJ3 GT Goku it hits for like 600k+.

Anoregon

I'm gonna do my 3 easy mode runs for Android medals and never worry about that shit again.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm gonna do my 3 easy mode runs for Android medals and never worry about that shit again.
He's actually really easy with double omega shenron leads, really with anyone that reduces def greatly. Just make sure the Shenrons super and everyone hits normally.

Meneses

I hope the new LR Gohan will right the biggest wrong in this game and finally have his super be the "walking towards the screen in blue light one-handed Kamehameha".

what if you pull a Broly though?

I'm actually gonna do one more Super run so I have enough medals in case I ever pull a STR Broly too. But yeah he's not really that hard with Omega, even just one, as long as you use Videl Saiyaman too. With that caveat I'd put him as only slightly harder than the SV event.

I hope the new LR Gohan will right the biggest wrong in this game and finally have his super be the "walking towards the screen in blue light one-handed Kamehameha".

I want LR Gohan to be adult (mystic) Gohan but I know in my heart of hearts he won't be. Adult Gohan is just my favorite character and it saddens me that Super has not given him any good new material, judging by this game. e: never mind, already confirmed he's SS2 Cell Saga.

Tamanon

Banned
I have never been happier to see the GT event so I can farm Hercule statues and coins. I'm so low on Zeni and can't dokkan anything.

Also, it's funny that the background says "Satan city" but he's still called Hercule.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Grinding Hercule medals is terrible. The most you'll get is 390 medals where as with apples you get 550-600 each time. They should lower the cost of old Kai's and everything else in the shop that costs medals to compensate.

Anoregon

Grinding Hercule medals is terrible. The most you'll get is 390 medals where as with apples you get 550-600 each time. They should lower the cost of old Kai's and everything else in the shop that costs medals to compensate.

Yeah I need those kais, as well some baby medals for Baby Vegeta from the event.

Still not sure who I'm going to be using elder kai's on now that gogeta is SA10. One of my three god leads I'm sure, but it's hard to decide.

Yeah I need those kais, as well some baby medals for Baby Vegeta from the event.

Still not sure who I'm going to be using elder kai's on now that gogeta is SA10. One of my three god leads I'm sure, but it's hard to decide.

1-Vegito
2-Godtenks
3-Omega

Never on Buuhan because it's farmable (idk which ones you have). I think it's debatable, if TEQ is your better deck you may wanna prioritize Godtenks, but otherwise, SV.

Anoregon

1-Vegito
2-Godtenks
3-Omega

Never on Buuhan because it's farmable (idk which ones you have). I think it's debatable, if TEQ is your better deck you may wanna prioritize Godtenks, but otherwise, SV.

Those are the three I have, yeah. Gotenks is attractive just because his super already hits like a truck at 11 ki and I'm jealous of my SA10 friends doing like 500k.

I'm still not sure if SA level on Vegito effects the counter attack. People say no in the wiki, but I'm pretty positive my SA10 friend's counters hit harder than my SA1.

Meneses

Super Vegito for sure since there's a good chance you'll be using him in a lot of teams, even if not as a leader, as a tank.

edit: not sure about the counter thing either.

5057 Hercule medals, no Elder kais yet...kill me. KILL ME! What kind of asshole decided to make them 10k and only give 350 for completing the level...

Top Bottom