• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The Last of Us SP and multiplayer strings/descriptions/etc found on GoW:A disc

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thanks to AKyemeni for sending me this.

The website itself is kind of dodgy, but these don't really seem unreasonable, so probably worth at least humoring.

There's a lot more at the link and the pastebin.

There are some pictures too like this one:

XYQyMpX.png

Link to site: http://uncharted3hacks.de.vu/tlou-leaked.html
Link to pastebin (may contain singleplayer stuff, didn't read super closely): http://pastebin.com/66Xud0fx

Uncharted3Hacks said:
I decided to look inside the game files of God of War: Ascension for the TLOU demo countdown files, and I ended up finding it in the Naughty Dog engine. This means there were some files left behind from the actual game that can reveal new things.

These were mostly text and code files, with some image files, so it wasn't very big compared to GoW:A, and it revealed many things.

NOTE: Everything here is from a month-old (or more) build, as of Mar 12 2013, so any information is not final and will most likely change by the time the game is released or when the info is revealed.

SINGLE PLAYER

You can craft:

Smoke Bombs
Molotov Cocktails
Shivs
Silencers
Proximity Mines

Weapons:

Flamethrower
Machete
Pipe
Semi-auto Assault Rifle
Shotgun Pistol (Pistole from UC3)
9mm Pistol
Revolver Pistol

Cutscene titles in order (Spoilers!)

Edited out by moderator

MULTIPLAYER

You can mark enemies.
Listen mode will allow you to "see" enemies by listening. The range for this is short, and you are physically handicapped when in this mode. Hold R2 for Listen mode.
There will be a radar.
You can get more info from the booster descriptions below:

The Last of Us Multiplayer Boosters:

Group Mark - When you add a marker, all surrounding enemies are marked as well.
Move Quietly - Make less noise when moving.
Combo Boost - Start with a larger combo multiplier.
Heal Friends - Health Kits heal nearby friends.
Combo Time - Longer combo window.
Melee Health - Get health back with each hit you land in melee combat.
Mark Awareness - You can mark enemies through walls in Listen Mode.

Other booster descriptions (no names):

Item pick-ups appear behind walls in Listen Mode.
Slowly zoom while aiming any pistol.
Upgrade melee weapons faster.
Teammates within 5 meters also receive items you craft.
Aim faster from behind cover.
Know when enemies mark you.
Non-weapon item pick-ups are displayed on your radar.
Weapon pick ups are displayed on your radar.
Recoil is reduced in cover.
Revive fallen teammates faster, give them more HP, and get more XP.
Sprint without showing on enemy radar.
Teammates see enemies glow when you mark them.
All enemies within 10 meters are displayed on radar.
Shoot without showing on enemy radar.
Reduce the distance that others can see you through walls in Listen Mode.
Your markers remain 10 seconds longer.
Modded melee weapons are more durable.
Reinforced Melee Weapons Move faster in Listen Mode.
Increase the visible distance in Listen Mode.

Teams: (Not sure how this works)

Team Bows: You and your teammates each start with a Bow and 5 arrows.
Team Rifles: You and your teammates each start with a Rifle and 5 bullets.
Team Shotguns: You and your teammates each start with a Shotgun and 5 shells.
Team Health Kits: You and your teammates each start with a Health Kit.
Team Revolvers: You and your teammates each start with a Revolver and 5 bullets.
Team 9mm's: You and your teammates each start with a 9mm Pistol and 5 bullets.
Team Bombs: You and your teammates each start with a Bomb.
Team Smoke Bombs: You and your teammates each start with a Smoke Bomb.
Team Molotovs: You and your teammates each start with a Molotov.

AKyemeni

This was originally in the Playstation forums, but deleted by mods. So he put it in this website. He's a respectable guy who also did the same thing for Uncharted 3.

AKyemeni

Single player cutscene titles were also found, which were deleted, but I have a copy of them. Don't know if I should post them in spoiler tags. They ruin the whole game, including the ending.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Single player cutscenes were also found, which were deleted, but I have a copy of them. Don't know if I should post them in spoiler tags. They ruin the whole game, including the ending.

Yeah dont do that at all.

Yeah, ideally not, but we may want a separate thread that warns people the plot has leaked out and to be careful where they look.

I'll ponder that part a bit.

Gartooth

I love what Naughty Dog did with Uncharted's multiplayer, but with The Last of Us I'm very worried. Given how the game is a month from release and we haven't heard a peep about it aside from preorder bonuses, I'm starting to think it was put in at the last minute for the sake of pre orders / justifying online passes.

Single player cutscenes were also found, which were deleted, but I have a copy of them. Don't know if I should post them in spoiler tags. They ruin the whole game, including the ending.

What else is on this disc!? Not only was GoWA bland but it's spoiling a game that I care about!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah, ideally not, but we may want a separate thread that warns people the plot has leaked out and to be careful where they look.

I'll ponder that part a bit.

Actually yeah I think I'll do this part since I don't want people upset if they stumble onto some shady forum and get spoiled.

Alienous

Well, the multiplayer sounds shite and uninspired.

'Aim faster from cover'

Blah, blah. I know the network programmers want to feel justified, but don't make something that'll just die.

They should just call it 'Getting Ellie on the cover had a price' mode.

I'm sure ND would be pretty sad if their story based game got it's cutscenes leaked.

SSReborn

I love what Naughty Dog did with Uncharted's multiplayer, but with The Last of Us I'm very worried. Given how the game is a month from release and we haven't heard a peep about it aside from preorder bonuses, I'm starting to think it was put in at the last minute for the sake of pre orders / justifying online passes.

From the description it seems like its gonna be very different to Uncharted in The Last of Us seems more melee based maybe like Condemned 2.

The Combo Time perk sound interesting I really wonder how they will be able to work something like that into the game.

BibiMaghoo

How can the cutscenes from the entire game be on a demo of the game that comes with GOW. That makes no sense to me.

Surely that would be the greatest of fuckups, on ND's part?

demolitio

Nothing on actual multiplayer modes though.

"Capture the Food Supply", "King of the Warm Shelter", "Team Survival".

Really though, I'd imagine we'll at least get modes that have two human teams and a mix of A.I. infected as well which is what excites me if you can set traps using them.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
They aren't there, just their titles.

Which is still pretty bad if the titles are telling.

Publishers should be careful of what source code they put into marketing material such as this.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Man, how did they not clean this stuff from their demo code? I can see some art assets being left in, but the cutscene titles and whatnot could've been wiped. You gotta blame Naughty Dog for this leak -- someone was bound to find it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Listen mode will allow you to "see" enemies by listening. The range for this is short, and you are physically handicapped when in this mode. Hold R2 for Listen mode.

Oh, Situational Awareness...like herpes. Can never get rid of it.

CengizMan

I feel bad for Naughty Dog. This is a pretty risky new high profile IP and with one post a lot of the game's charm will be spoiled before it even gets released. I cannot deny the fact that leaving the titles in the code is pretty clumsy, though.

Gorillaz

Is this PvP tho? Some of this sounds like it could work in a horde mode style of gameplay?

Also they are going a little too far with all of those boosters. ND already had a rough time as it is with UC3 and balancing boosters.

Revven

Is this PvP tho? Some of this sounds like it could work in a horde mode style of gameplay?

Also they are going a little too far with all of those boosters. ND already had a rough time as it is with UC3 and balancing boosters.

It sounds like it's PvP but we won't know until they either announce something this month or the game releases. It's absolutely ridiculous how much they're holding this MP to their chests; like it's either really good or really bad.

Elixist

when are they gonna show the MP? if it looks good, ill probably day one otherwise i'll wait on a price drop.

Top Bottom