• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Sch1sm

I found THE most toxically masculine Twitter account lmao. Runs a "Mancast" "for men."

Suggests your wife doesn't care about your problems, and you should not complain to her like one of her girlfriends.

It's truly fascinating.

The idea that relying on support from a woman takes away from someone's masculinity is fascinating to me. Almost like they didn't have female figures in their life, whether it's a mother, grandmother, or aunt.

D i Z

The idea that relying on support from a woman takes away from someone's masculinity is fascinating to me. Almost like they didn't have female figures in their life, whether it's a mother, grandmother, or aunt.

That's probably a safe bet. At least in the way that whoever they had around they didn't connect with. Probably resented for whatever reason and never had a jolt to grow emotionally past it all.

I personally enjoy talking to women about my problems. Some of the wisest people I know are women. Particularly my sister and mother.

People are so dumb with the idea of who can give good advice based on the individual's sex

Numb

That segment was tame compared to other past moments in the WWE.

4396639-thoughtfulinsecureblackfootedferret.gif

Malyse

Deadly Premonition and Earth Defense Force are loved.
Mass Effect Andromeda is hated.
All three games are a mess of equal proportion.

andthebeatgoeson

Kreed

Mornin' Squadron BCT.

We're getting a ton of the Mexico earthquake coverage out here as well. Mostly search and rescue stuff, but I don't ever recall a time when news covered these territories in trouble like this before.

Especially not the headline stories. This would be a scrolling ticker on US cable news a month ago.

Vince Mcmahon hasn't learned his lesson from the feud between Triple H and Booker T or DX in blackface.

Only Vince I recognize is the one that hasn't posted in the thread in a minute.

Numb

I dunno. She talks facts. Her Instagram at a point was just videos of her telling people to fix up and get their education so they don't have to strip like she did. I can't hate her.

She gets funny when people bring up her teeth on her IG

THis rental company just told my uncle that his apartment application was rejected because......

He has a 25-year-old carrying a concealed weapon charge...a pocketknife. This dude has cleaned up his act and been working and straight as an arrow for 20 years, doesn't drink or smoke anymore and can't find a place to live. I want to slap the shit out of these companies.

They push it off on some "reporting agency" so they can say it wasn't their decision. This is some bullshit!

darklin0

Banned
So I was informed that my grandma had died earlier today. She fell down some stairs in my mom's house and hit the floor face first. She had a bad knee so it may have been a factor, I'm not sure. What I do know is that when my mom got home she found my grandma on the floor completely cold. Paramedics got there and did their thing but soon came to the conclusion that there was nothing they could do for her.

Talked to the family and everybody is taking it hard. If y'all remember last year I lost my aunt to domestic violence so hearing about this made me freeze for a bit. I'm sure the funeral is gonna be in NC where my mom lives but I won't be down there until Christmas. I plan to pay my respects there.

So...yeah.
My condolences, it is always difficult losing a loved one.
Deadly Premonition and Earth Defense Force are loved.
Mass Effect Andromeda is hated.
All three games are a mess of equal proportion.
Deadly Premonition is a comedy horror so it is easy to see how that can have a big cult following. EDF has been nothing but cheese from the start so it has a big cult following as well. Both did not have anything to live up to.

On the other hand, ME Andromeda is the descendant of a trilogy which had a mass following, scored on average 90, and had an ending which upset many fans. Andromeda was supposed to be a fresh start for the series so it had a lot of hope riding on its shoulders. Then... the hour preview happened. Video after video of bugs, bad assets, and terrible dialogue flooded YouTube. The people who were soured on the series were up on rooftops, gleefully telling everyone how bad the game was and the people sitting on the fence turned on it. It was doomed at that point.

Slayven

THis rental company just told my uncle that his apartment application was rejected because......

He has a 25-year-old carrying a concealed weapon charge...a pocketknife. This dude has cleaned up his act and been working and straight as an arrow for 20 years, doesn't drink or smoke anymore and can't find a place to live. I want to slap the shit out of these companies.

They push it off on some "reporting agency" so they can say it wasn't their decision. This is some bullshit!
Damn that is some bullshit. I be less offended if they just said i was black

So, Fortnite is releasing a standalone Battle Royale game for free on the 26th for the PS4 Xbox One and PC. Anyone here thinking about picking it up when it drops? I probably will for the PS4. It looks fun.

D i Z

Any chance of some legal action or investigation?

My condolences, it is always difficult losing a loved one.

Deadly Premonition is a comedy horror so it is easy to see how that can have a big cult following. EDF has been nothing but cheese from the start so it has a big cult following as well. Both did not have anything to live up to.

On the other hand, ME Andromeda is the descendant of a trilogy which had a mass following, scored on average 90, and had an ending which upset many fans. Andromeda was supposed to be a fresh start for the series so it had a lot of hope riding on its shoulders. Then... the hour preview happened. Video after video of bugs, bad assets, and terrible dialogue flooded YouTube. The people who were soured on the series were up on rooftops, gleefully telling everyone how bad the game was and the people sitting on the fence turned on it. It was doomed at that point.

It still had a shot tbh. Turns out though the actual game play was horrible outside of the combat fundamentals, and the story was a sack of shite.
I never really cared about the visuals being wonky or the dialogue being odd in spots. Some of the bugs were livable. But the structure of the game doomed it from the start.
Terrible decisions that they just had to push through with and it had no substance that they hadn't already used ten times over.

darklin0

Banned

It still had a shot tbh. Turns out though the actual game play was horrible outside of the combat fundamentals, and the story was a sack of shite.
I never really cared about the visuals being wonky or the dialogue being odd in spots. Some of the bugs were livable. But the structure of the game doomed it from the start.
Terrible decisions that they just had to push through with and it had no substance that they hadn't already used ten times over.
Yeah, I agree. I should of expanded on that last sentence that I was referring about the game's overall buzz on the net. If it didn't play spectacularly it wasn't going to recover its image.

Damn that is some bullshit. I be less offended if they just said i was black

I know, right???

I am seriously looking into it right now.

I found THE most toxically masculine Twitter account lmao. Runs a "Mancast" "for men."

Suggests your wife doesn't care about your problems, and you should not complain to her like one of her girlfriends.

It's truly fascinating.

I do not pay singles any mind when it comes to relationship advice, men or women, esp when it comes to marriage.

With "advice" like that, if they claimed to be married, I'll show you a liar.

Johndoey

Banned
Deadly Premonition and EDF have actual charm. Andromeda is like someone set out to see how bland you can make a game about intergalactic frontiersmen.

Top Bottom