• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
PC version plays fine, but none of the badges or progression stuff works even though I'm awarded them after matches, and Steam achievements seem to be broken, too. Also when I quit the game it doesn't quit in the Steam app, which marks it as running permanently. The only way to fix it is to force quit Steam and restart.

It's rough and janky as hell but fun. Tons of technical problems to iron out but the core of the game is solid.

HiiiLife

Should have bought the game on PS4, we back in the 80s, no voice chat. Woohoo.

When it's a group of people just having fun it's a blast in game chat tho. But that's been rare from the matches I've played.

Side note: randoms need to stop sprinting towards me if Jason's following you ya dummy.

bitbydeath

How do you use walkie talkie and map?

I played about a dozen or more times, only got to play as Jason once, and sadly only 3 kills. No idea how to track people.

HiiiLife

How do you use walkie talkie and map?

I played about a dozen or more times, only got to play as Jason once, and sadly only 3 kills. No idea how to track people.

You find both Walkie and map around the level. Whoever has walkies in the game can talk to each other wherever you are, no proximity required. You should be able to press the objective button and the map pops up.

Track people with your sense ability (they glow red, if they're in a house the house will glow red) and pay attention to the pulsing circles you see around you. It's them making noise. Teleport to them and do the whole stabbing thing Jason is supposed to do lol

A lot of people use AJ and Deborah tho since they're damn near impossible to see and hear.

CREMSteve

Wow, just tried logging in again at 2am and still can't get in. At this point I'm thinking it's not a traffic issue, hopefully they get this sorted out soon. Really bummed that I haven't been able to log in to the game as of yet. :/

HiiiLife

Wow, just tried logging in again at 2am and still can't get in. At this point I'm thinking it's not a traffic issue, hopefully they get this sorted out soon. Really bummed that I haven't been able to log in to the game as of yet. :/

Don't be surprised if they're MIA till Tuesday. They getting their steak and ribs marinated for Memorial Day bbqs.

CREMSteve

Just found a solution to the login error online. You can bypass it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gWtE84gwNak

Basically, when you get to the screen that says press X to continue, don't press X. Instead, switch to a different user profile on your console, can be a guest.

Then switch back to your normal psn and go back into the game. Press X now and the game logs in immediately.

No idea why this works, but it does, as I just tried it and I'm in for the first time all day.

Kaelan

How's the game so far? This looks similar to dead by daylight and I want to get that also but it comes out fairly soon. Is this worth it? Any longevity?

I've played 2 games on ps4, I'm level 3 so I rolled 3 perks.

When I equip them and back out, it hangs up on saving player profile...everytime.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
How's the game so far? This looks similar to dead by daylight and I want to get that also but it comes out fairly soon. Is this worth it? Any longevity?
A massive love letter to Friday the 13th, and one of the most fun I've ever had in a multiplayer game. Working together to outsmart and outwork Jason is fucking amazing. Being Jason? Even better.

This game is janky as fuck and I love it. I just played 3 hours straight and it's the most fun I've had in a multiplayer in a long ass time!

cjw

Neo Member
Does anyone know how the XB1 version compares with the PS4 version? I'm wanting to get it on XB1, but not sure as the PS4 version may perform a lot better.

I can't seem to find anything about the consoles performances from a google search.

Tabasco

Advice for playing as a counselor?

I've been doing terrible all night. I know the game just came out but has anyone come up with a higher survival chance?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Advice for playing as a counselor?

I've been doing terrible all night. I know the game just came out but has anyone come up with a higher survival chance?

lock all the doors and open all the windows in every building you go in i case you have to use them to escape later on

always jog never run until jason is on you and make sure you always have a full stamina bar

dont move around a lot if you dont have to so you dont leave a bunch of sound signatures

CREMSteve

Just played for a few hours, game is a blast, everything I had hoped it would be.

The amount of laughing I did with a group of people I had never met was insane. Honestly you'd think that dying early and having to watch everyone else play would be super boring, but it's actually maybe the best part of the game. Everyone on the dead channel cracking jokes while watching those poor bastards who are still alive struggle to stay alive against a killing machine like Jason is a ton of fun.

We had a solid group of 8 that stayed together the entire time and i haven't had that much fun in an online game in quite some time.

Playing as JASON was a LOT harder than it looks, I only got the chance once, and I only managed to kill one counsellor, lol. Takes a bit of time to get used to the abilities.

I like the depth of the perk system, it's fun rolling new ones and hoping for rare or exotics. Unlocking characters and items happens at a decent pace, and there's plenty of in-game medals to unlock along with the regular trophies.

It's great when everyone works together, to try and outwit Jason, but it's equally as great being Jason and being able to listen in on their strategies if you're close by and they haven't realized it yet.

As counsellors, everyone finding walkie talkies is huge, because you can then communicate from all over the map, which really helps make it easier to figure out who has found what.

Finding maps is big too, because the areas are pretty big, and it can be tricky to know your way around, especially at the beginning. There are multiple maps to play on as well, and all were unique and fun.

And the kills, my god the kills. So brutal, so hilarious and so damn satisfying, whether you're pulling them off yourself or you're just watching someone else do it. As you progress, you can purchase new kills and abilities, and assign them to your characters. Each version of Jason you have unlocked has unique skills and abilities, and you can customize each one and flip between them quickly and easily. Same goes for all of the different counsellors as well.

The music is fantastic. It loads quickly. Voice chat works really well.

It's just all SO GOOD. Controls can be a bit janky (closing a door is tricky sometimes), but I'm having a great time.

Just played my first game as Jason, killed all the counsellors and Tommy Jarvis. Wish there was more of an interactive tutorial because most of my kills were pretty boring apart from the underwater one.

Hulohot

Neo Member
How does the multiplayer work in this ?

The girlfriend and I are interested in getting this, are we able to party up and join a game?

I understand there is no form of co op, but can we join together an online game and take part or is the matchmaking entirely random ?

CREMSteve

How does the multiplayer work in this ?

The girlfriend and I are interested in getting this, are we able to party up and join a game?

I understand there is no form of co op, but can we join together an online game and take part or is the matchmaking entirely random ?
From the main menu, you can create a party, then invite friends into it. At that point, you play together wherever you go.

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

Podge293

Got into a game earlier as a counsellor. Got murdered almost immediately. 10/10 would get murdered again.

Game is class tho (when you can get in one). Intense as hell

xviper

does the game works fine on ps4 ??

can you invite a friend and play with random people ?? like if i was jason and my friend is one of the teenagers i have to kill

Teepo671

Have any backers for the PS4 version had trouble getting their theme? I kind of thought the issue would resolve itself when the game officially launched but I still don't have a PS store option below my Friday the 13th launcher and I can't locate the theme at all on the PS store.

Majora

As with all games of this nature there's definitely a dose of luck involved with regards to weapon and item spawning locations.

xviper

i want to buy the game, it looks fun, and there seem to be a lot of trolling

but i want to wait for the reviews, why isn't there any reviews yet ?

xviper

does the game uses Host connection ?? if the host quits, does the match end ?? please someone confirm, this is VERY important

CREMSteve

Have any backers for the PS4 version had trouble getting their theme? I kind of thought the issue would resolve itself when the game officially launched but I still don't have a PS store option below my Friday the 13th launcher and I can't locate the theme at all on the PS store.
When I bought the game off psn, the theme downloaded automatically, even before the game download even got a chance to start. It was so quick I almost didn't realize I even had it yet.

Disappointing launch. Hope they get their network issues fixed in an update ASAP. Atmosphere is faithful to the flicks, mostly thanks to Manfredini's iconic score, though.

CREMSteve

does the game works fine on ps4 ??

can you invite a friend and play with random people ?? like if i was jason and my friend is one of the teenagers i have to kill
Game runs absolutely fine, once you can get signed in. There's a user profile glitch affecting a lot of people on all platforms, which prevents you from signing into the game. Workaround on PS4 is to switch to a second user profile while on the login screen, then switch back to your primary, then it lets you sign into the game. It's silly, but it works.

Top Bottom