• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther - Official Trailer

I agree, but I don't think alienous said anything about not buying wakanda as a concept. He's just asking what it's history is, which nearly every far fetched fantasy/sci-fi concept does. Including rocket racoon. GotG briefly tells us his history of how he was tortured and augmented and that's why he is how he is (both mechanically and emotionally).

And while you're right that we're gonna get the explanation in the movie, what do you propose we talk about until then, if speculation is off the table?

We know Wakanda's history. It's been relayed many times at this point, in this thread. Anyone still asking "how?" is just being annoying at this point, at best.

I agree, but I don't think alienous said anything about not buying wakanda as a concept. He's just asking what it's history is, which nearly every far fetched fantasy/sci-fi concept does. Including rocket racoon. GotG briefly tells us his history of how he was tortured and augmented and that's why he is how he is (both mechanically and emotionally).

And while you're right that we're gonna get the explanation in the movie, what do you propose we talk about until then, if speculation is off the table?

it's not even speculation, it's nitpicking

I seriously doubt there were pages of people asking others to explain over and over why rocket raccoon talks in threads before GotG.

unfortunately, talking animals are less mystifying than Wakanda to some people

TVNH8mC.png

scene looks badass to me

just noticed, it looks like Panther is holding what could be the Spear of Bashenga.... the first Black Panther)

I seriously doubt there were pages of people asking others to explain over and over why rocket raccoon talks in threads before GotG.

Like, this isn't anyone overreacting.

This is the kind of stuff any discussion centering on Wakanda always comes back to.

Veelk

Banned
We know Wakanda's history. It's been relayed many times at this point, in this thread. Anyone still asking "how?" is just being annoying at this point, at best.

I think alienous' last post on the last page said he now understood the basic conceit of wakanda and he has just been explaining why he found it worth asking about since then.

I'm not defending people in general asking over and over, just alienous, who I haven't known to be disingenuous in his intentions.

Like I said, you're gonna find people acting in the way you describe, so again, I get the frustration. It's just this case seems to be legit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Excited for the movie but the trailer was just okay. Need to see Killmonger suit and some of that more mystic stuff ASAP though.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Actually, I realized what's bothering me most is the color grading now that I went back and watched the original teaser trailer.
Teaser Trailer:
sjFcqkP.jpg

Official Trailer:
aAGylBA.jpg
There are a couple more scenes you can compare between the trailers, but this one is the easiest to catch. Simply put the scenes are popping way more in the original teaser trailer and don't look nearly as drab or cheap.

wandering

Banned
Marvel's popularity has taken off in the region compared to China and Japan respectively. Korea seems to be down in general for all things MCU, hence why parts of Ultron were filmed there. Not surprising to see another drop by, though I do think they can use the country or setting better.

I wonder if that'd motivate them to bring on my boy Amadeus Cho

Its like people can't even think. They fly the planes just like airline pilots do, do some maneuvers to get in the air and then turn on the auto-pilot. Then for landing, you do the same thing in reverse in.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Only thing I'm sour on, is Killmonger's BP palette swap get-up. Shoulda been a completely different design. Otherwise, goddamn this looks good. Fantastic.

This civilization is the absolute worst.

Welcome to the MCU, where our flying ships are either:
1. Motion control, such that one bad gesture sends you careening to your death
2. Dual control, where pilots can literally steal control from one another and send you careening to your death during a collision of egos
3. Controlled as some kind of stupid first person video game, where there is little regard for tactics and most of your ships end up careening to their demise.
4. Normal spaceships controlled by one person, who happens to be Nebula so she's going to crash it into a cave because she's angry.
5. Helicarriers, basically 100Kton bombs that have never flown more than 30 yards without exploding and killing everyone on board.

Same, but I really dislike Doom as a character, so who cares what I have to say.

Petty racism demeans Doom, who stands above all through sheer will and intellect and not some foolish notion of genetic superiority. There are only two races, Doom and those to be ruled by Doom.

Jaeger

Petty racism demeans Doom, who stands above all through sheer will and intellect and not some foolish notion of genetic superiority. There are only two races, Doom and those to be ruled by Doom.

This man understands Doom. That horrible writing in that panel which fails hard to understand whom Doom is, is not Doom.

It's just racist shit.

Dhx

I just want to say this is a brilliant Doom tier quote.

Actually, I realized what's bothering me most is the color grading now that I went back and watched the original teaser trailer.

There are a couple more scenes you can compare between the trailers, but this one is the easiest to catch. Simply put the scenes are popping way more in the original teaser trailer and don't look nearly as drab or cheap.

That Marvel color grading. Makes everything look so bland and uniform across their movies which I guess is the point.

I didn't like that guy saying WE ON NOW 500 billion times but everything else was on point. I need that fucking king suit he was wearing. Also that dap is already being done around the world.

Megatron

I'm not feeling this trailer at all. This feels like the marvel movie that finally bombs. Hope I'm wrong though.

Top Bottom