• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther - Official Trailer

We on meow

made some gifs

giphy.gif

So damn gorgeous...

I still expect this movie to be very good based on the actors and people behind it, but that trailer was really not very good unfortunately. Hated the song, can't get excited about a mirror villain, and it looks like they gave way too much away - I'm really worried we now know the whole story. Very weak trailer.

Took my wife and kids to Disney universe show a few weekends ago here in Oregon and when Panther was introduced he got a huge cheer from the crowd. People are hyped for him. This movie is gonna do well.

yuoke

Banned
Can someone gif that part where he was walking by that tree and everything looks blue? That looked amazing.

sephi22

FOR FUCKS SAKE MARVEL

I'm tired of these doppleganger villains. Think of something original.

Hulk vs Abomination (Bad Hulk)
Iron Man vs Evil Iron Man
Ant Man vs Yellow Jacket
Doctor Strange vs Evil Sorcerer
Black Panther vs Evil Panther

I was all on board with Michael B. Jordan as killmonger until you made him another Dark Link version of your hero like every origin story.

Neoxon

Looks like Klaw's actually getting his vibranium arm, & the tech that T'Challa & Killmonger are using for their suits is literally ripped straight out of the recent run of the comics. Hurry up, February!

Yiss!!!! Loved that trailer!

As for the whole spoilers thing... Honestly? I think most Black Panther fans know what the story is already.

It's "Panther's Rage", I think that was clear since the casting of Killmonger.

So I'm just in it for the acting, set pieces, directing... Pretty much how the story is presented.

trikster40

Awesome, much better than the teaser! I didn’t realize Michael B Jordan was in this until now, this is gonna be awesome!!

____

This is the most hyped I've been for a movie in years. Makes me want to go to the theaters.

For reference, the last movie I watched in theaters
(actually, I didn't watch, I fell asleep)
was Transformers 2.

Is there any required watching/viewing to maximize my knowledge here?

a.wd

First trailer was better, music and editing was amazing from that first trailer, probably my favourite trailer of the year.

This was great stuff but poorly edited, i am allllllllll iiiiiiiiiiiiin on black panther, MBJ? In, CB? In. Coogler? Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin, but that was a more traditional marvel trailer and as much as I love it I am nowhere near as hyped by this trailer.

Let me watch it 20-30 times more and see if it changes at all.

Tobor

I’m guessing they steal the gold panther suit from a museum or something? Maybe it’s the suit his dad wore or something?

Looks awesome! Marvel keeps on winning.

____

cgi is wonky

Not attacking you by any means....

But I hear this almost -every- single CGI movie that comes out, and usually from the trailers. How can you tell? What are people's eyes seeing that sticks out so much that others can't see? Is it something I'd need to pause frame by frame to see?

Top Bottom