• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC footage

chadboban

And it shows. Meanwhile, Sonic Kart gives me this as DLC:

ryo.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's pretty awesome!

Who knows what other DLC MK8 might get, but this just seems like a fun little extra for the people who want it. Hope they have some more stuff in the future.

tmarques

They didn't give this as DLC? Weird, because I paid for it. Which brings me to my next point: when did I say free? I just said they gave that as DLC.

And they still gave Ryo DLC. That picture just looked cooler to illustrate my point.

I don't think you understand the meaning of the verb give. No offence.

MilesTeg

Banned
Really awesome they are adding win/loss record, I've complained about that irl, glad to see it happening. What would be great is if it kept track of every place you have ever got. How many seconds, thirds, etc.

Shun

toyota-corolla-ae86-08.jpg

Akina_all.gif

Sega/Initial D x Nintendo

Bring us the Trueno AE86 and tracks like Akina.

Give us options to slam our kart's suspension and add stupid spoilers too.

CTLance

Not my kind of thing, especially since these cars seem out of place. They're not Karts, they seem at odds with the art style and even scaled to fit the drivers they seem to be the wrong size, somehow.

Then again, free shit. Who's gonna complain, really.

Wish I had the coin tracking BEFORE I hit 10'000 coins and completed the gold kart set. Oh well, handy for those who haven't I guess!

Saving your last used kart set online is great though.

Sakura

They didn't give this as DLC? Weird, because I paid for it. Which brings me to my next point: when did I say free? I just said they gave that as DLC.

And they still gave Ryo DLC. That picture just looked cooler to illustrate my point.

Exactly...
If I said, "I went to the store this morning, and they gave me a can of coke."
What do you think that means? Being given something and sold something are two different things.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Eh, the old cars look decent, new one is crap.

Initial D car would be so gdlk.

Also we need Block Fort right fucking now.

JDSN

Banned
I was ready to pay for this as a way to thank Nintendo for the free game promotion, but damn free and Luigi's car is baller as fuck.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
toyota-corolla-ae86-08.jpg

Akina_all.gif

Sega/Initial D x Nintendo

Bring us the Trueno AE86 and tracks like Akina.

Give us options to slam our kart's suspension and add stupid spoilers too.

you know if you don't want to play Mario Kart just say so

OmegaDL50

haha this is such a big example of Nintendo selling out. It doesn't happen a lot but when it does, OH BOY

I don't think you are using that term in the right context.

The term "selling out" is associated with attempts to tailor material to a mainstream or commercial audience. In fact Nintendo has always done this.

They have never not been sell outs, because that is part of the business. They "sell products"

DMiz

Really like the sound of the update, even if it does
reek
feature capitalism, ho!

Kidding aside, really glad that they're implementing the saved vehicle configuration. Probably the more frustrating thing for me beyond the default option at the end of the race. That said, it is a little surprising that it didn't come up during QA or at least during development...

ffdgh

zVzpQjG.png

Gonna assume the last one is possibly talking about invisible items, fire hopping, item distribution, weight imbalance, and acceleration tiers hopefully.

zVzpQjG.png

Gonna assume the last one is possibly talking about invisible items, fire hopping, item distribution, weight imbalance, and acceleration tiers hopefully.

Acceleration tiering sounds intentional as it was already this way in Mario Kart 7.

Hopefully it's rather the duplicate CPU frame problem

And it shows. Meanwhile, Sonic Kart gives me this as DLC:

ryo.jpg
Paid DLC for someone who was in the previous game from the get go? Not the best example to go with, especially since the PC version of Transformed does have really fun and free DLC characters.

I would pay (some) money for more Kongs and Wario Ware characters in MK8 though. RPG/Paper/M&L side-characters too.

Lijik

I think you forgot about these on-disc characters:

rXQsqmg.jpg
WXPZxvF.png

But screw Nintendo's optional DLC which looks super cool, right? :p

Yup. I also wouldnt use "Selling a character that was free ondisc in the previous game" as an example of good dlc

EDIT- beaten by a few posts haha

Revven

They're... PATCHING MARIO KART 8?

I never thought I'd see the day and it's even things people have been wanting patched! (Well, it's not everything but it's a start!)

Took them long enough, too bad it's at the end of the month and right when the college semester starts for me... -_-

Top Bottom