• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question to those whose 360 has RROD'd:

Gwanatu T

I've had 3 RROD's, I'm on my 4th system now. I'm not sure of the chipsets of all of them but I got mine at launch and have had 1 die per year.

The first was the launch (duh)
The second was manufactured in November 2006
The third was manufactured in September 2007
The latest one is the same September 2007 with the new heatsinks and plastic heat "guide" thing inside that I received around December 2008.

Samara

Only once. I was all "Oh my God, what am I going to do?"
Then by luck a sweet gent told me I could get it fixed for free from Microsoft. Had to play Heavenly Sword in the meantime (boring)

Gwanatu T

Mo0 said:
Didn't catch a thread about it, but Microsoft is now covering the E74 error with the same 3-year warranty that its cousin the RROD already had.

This is pretty cool, because that error seemed to be showing up more and more often lately. Good to see MS is still flexible about their warranties.

After NXE this error pretty much came out of nowhere. I had heard of it/seen it once or twice before, but never on the current scale. A friend got it and MS told him it was corrupted files from a dashboard update that caused it.

Top Bottom