(09-04-2014, 02:26 AM)
HYPE GENERATOR ACTIVATED
inpHilltr8r
(09-04-2014, 02:46 AM)
Vib Ribbon visualiser for awesome media player update in my dreams
Gentleman Jack
(09-04-2014, 03:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Poimandres

I think Vib Ribbon is pretty much perfect as is. For a sequel I would be happy with the same visuals as Vib Ribbon (1080P and cleaned up), mp3/other audio format support, and a new soundtrack. They could experiment with the visual presentation if they like (Moji looks nice) because I don't think it's the most important aspect of the game. Just as long as they don't fuck up the mechanics, really.

If a new Vib Ribbon game were just Vib Ribbon in 1080p I wouldn't pay more than five bucks for it, new soundtrack or not. My expectations have evolved in the last 15 years and Mojib is so awesome that a 'cleaned up' Vib Ribbon would be a big step backwards.
jhmtehgamr20xx
Banned
(09-04-2014, 03:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Gentleman Jack

If a new Vib Ribbon game were just Vib Ribbon in 1080p I wouldn't pay more than five bucks for it, new soundtrack or not. My expectations have evolved in the last 15 years and Mojib is so awesome that a 'cleaned up' Vib Ribbon would be a big step backwards.

That's kind of an odd thing to say tho b/c even when the original game came out, you had clearly more "epic" stuff like RE2, MGS, SM64, PD Saga etc competing for your dollar, and those games are still held as some of the best in their genres.

I don't personally care how much it costs, b/c I think game prices should be $30-$40 maximum anyway, but a top-end experience can take any number of forms with me. I don't need hundreds of hours of content and the looks of UnCharted to convince me a game's worth top dollar.
Shin-Ra
(09-04-2014, 03:08 AM)

Originally Posted by inpHilltr8r

Vib Ribbon visualiser for awesome media player update in my dreams

What if Vib Ribbon the game WAS the PS4 music visualiser?
Poimandres
(09-04-2014, 03:14 AM)

Yeah, I was thinking $10-15 would be a reasonable price depending on the content. Moji style would be nice, but wasn't the game itself not as good as Vib?
stargateheaven
(09-04-2014, 03:23 AM)
Vib Ribbon is awesome.
Vib ripple..not so much
And Mojib ribbon was also kinda lame.

edit: laugh and peace was amazing and it worked really well in the game.
Ramrock
Banned
(09-04-2014, 04:10 AM)
Well I hope this means we will get a new Vib Ribbon game on the PS4. Would be amazing.
Camjo-Z
(09-04-2014, 04:24 AM)
Wow, the Vib-Ribbon website is actually still up after all these years. New wallpaper here I come! And there's a pretty good interview with Masaya Matsuura on there too.
Gentleman Jack
(09-04-2014, 04:37 AM)

Originally Posted by jhmtehgamr20xx

That's kind of an odd thing to say tho b/c even when the original game came out, you had clearly more "epic" stuff like RE2, MGS, SM64, PD Saga etc competing for your dollar, and those games are still held as some of the best in their genres.

I don't personally care how much it costs, b/c I think game prices should be $30-$40 maximum anyway, but a top-end experience can take any number of forms with me. I don't need hundreds of hours of content and the looks of UnCharted to convince me a game's worth top dollar.

Vib Ribbon was a mid-tier game and it's not odd to have the bar raised by indies since the last generation.
Drencrom
(09-04-2014, 03:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Camjo-Z

Wow, the Vib-Ribbon website is actually still up after all these years. New wallpaper here I come! And there's a pretty good interview with Masaya Matsuura on there too.

This site is amazing
jhmtehgamr20xx
Banned
(09-04-2014, 03:46 PM)

Vib Ribbon was a mid-tier game and it's not odd to have the bar raised by indies since the last generation.

There aren't many (if any) indie games that quite do what Vib-Ribbon did, though.

And that's still way too general an approach to this.
Laws00
(09-04-2014, 04:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Valkyria

Vita
MP3 support
In my veins.

nicki minaj- yasss bish yassssss
$h@d0w
(09-04-2014, 04:04 PM)
WORD
Guymelef
(09-04-2014, 04:07 PM)