• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

WTF if New Adventure Island comes out in Euro first I'ma cry. ;(

This must be my punishment for importing (I live in a PAL country).

Guess I can go round to my Dads and download it on his PAL machine. :lol

Krowley

this is only slightly off topic. I didn't want to make a new thread for it and i thought it might help some folks.

if your wii online functions are all so slugish that they are almost unusable... try changing the channel on your wireless router to 1 or 11.
found a tip about it on the net and it seems to be helping me a lot.

MiamiWesker said:
I just BEAT Kid Icarus. Once you get passed the first level and begin to powerup it gets rather easy, I easily flew through the last two worlds. Still its an awesome game, even heard there are multiple endings.

How many levels are there?

Christopher

um guys how do you play 2 player games with the Wii mote to player two? My friends were messing around with it and they wanted to play Street Fighter 2 and we couldn't get it to work the other day. Any suggestions?

keanerie

MiamiWesker said:
I'm at the second boss areas, the second world was much easier than the first I found. But overall this game is hard as hell but so awesome. I just found out about some secret scoring system that goes on behind the scenes in the game, might want to check out a faqs to understand it.

This is what I learned (thanks GameFAQs!):

Every time you kill an enemy, your score goes up (you can check it by going to the status menu via START). Your "score" is essentially the same as EXP in an rpg, and at certain points you level up, meaning you get an added health bar.

Someone mentioned this, but the red things that pop out of the ground toward the end of 1-1 are extremely good for XP grinding. Just shoot right before they pop up, duck their fireballs, and repeat over and over. Having more health obviously makes the game exponentially easier. I haven't tried this out so I can't say how big of a pain in the ass it is, but there you go.

brandonh83 said:
How many levels are there?

The game has four main areas with three levels and a "fortress" at the end of each one, except for the final level which is just one area.

Now that I've gained all this knowledge, it's time to tame this devilish beast.

Unison said:
New Adventure Island is so awesome... I can't wait for that to hit the USA.

Then your dreams shall come true, says the fairy god mother.

newai-keyart.jpg
fairy-godmother.gif

http://hudsonent.com/gamedetail.php?game_id=63&console=1

keanerie said:
This is what I learned (thanks GameFAQs!):

Every time you kill an enemy, your score goes up (you can check it by going to the status menu via START). Your "score" is essentially the same as EXP in an rpg, and at certain points you level up, meaning you get an added health bar.

Someone mentioned this, but the red things that pop out of the ground toward the end of 1-1 are extremely good for XP grinding. Just shoot right before they pop up, duck their fireballs, and repeat over and over. Having more health obviously makes the game exponentially easier. I haven't tried this out so I can't say how big of a pain in the ass it is, but there you go.

The game has four main areas with three levels and a "fortress" at the end of each one, except for the final level which is just one area.

Now that I've gained all this knowledge, it's time to tame this devilish beast.

Actually it's three main areas of three levels and a "fortress", the fourth area is almost like one small bonus stage.

Yeah that faqs was helpful, how are we supposed to know that there is a score system. There is a hidden score system behind the score system it shows in the menu. That score system gives you points for entering rooms, killing enemies, getting hearts, and lose points for shooting an arrow, getting hurt, etc. When you enter a room that is empty that means you failed to have the right score to increase yor level, those rooms are supposed to have a guy that says here take this and he gives you an arrow.

Jammy

Banned
That page on New Adventure Island just sold me on the game. The trailer makes it seem like just the type of game I'd like.

keanerie

MiamiWesker said:
Actually it's three main areas of three levels and a "fortress", the fourth area is almost like one small bonus stage.

Yeah that faqs was helpful, how are we supposed to know that there is a score system. There is a hidden score system behind the score system it shows in the menu. That score system gives you points for entering rooms, killing enemies, getting hearts, and lose points for shooting an arrow, getting hurt, etc. When you enter a room that is empty that means you failed to have the right score to increase yor level, those rooms are supposed to have a guy that says here take this and he gives you an arrow.

Like the room at the beginning of 1-1. How are you supposed to have a good enough score to get the arrow bonus there? There aren't even that many snakes to kill.

keanerie said:
Like the room at the beginning of 1-1. How are you supposed to have a good enough score to get the arrow bonus there? There aren't even that many snakes to kill.

Yep like that room, but you are right there is no way to get the bonus there, no one knows why the devs put it there.

I found this on gamefront, don't know if someone already posted this. Something about Mystical Ninja on the VC.

Demnächst wohl Legend of the Mystical Ninja auf Virtual Console

14.02.07 - Das Action/Adventure Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES) von Konami soll laut AussieNintendo bald auf Virtual Console erscheinen. Die Seite beruft sich auf eine Prüfung der Altersfreigabe durch die australische OFLC.

Eine offizielle Ankündigung von Konami oder Nintendo steht noch aus.

google translation
Shortly probably putting OF the Mystical Ninja on Virtual CONSOLE

14.02.07 - The Action/Adventure putting OF the Mystical Ninja (SNES) of Konami is to appear according to AussieNintendo soon on Virtual CONSOLE. The side appoints itself to an examination of the age release by the Australian OFLC.

An official announcement of Konami or Nintendo is still pending.

GrimReaper said:
I found this on gamefront, don't know if someone already posted this. Something about Mystical Ninja on the VC.

google translation
I want the 64 version over here in the US... But seeing the trickle of 64 games on the VC.... I doubt it'll come anytime soon...

Anyways so to make it clear... So far the supporters for the VC are Konami, Capcom, Nintendo, Hudson, and Sega...Are there any I'm missing? And what other guys do you want to pop on the VC?

dr3upmushroom said:
I want the 64 version over here in the US... But seeing the trickle of 64 games on the VC.... I doubt it'll come anytime soon...

Anyways so to make it clear... So far the supporters for the VC are Konami, Capcom, Nintendo, Hudson, and Sega...Are there any I'm missing? And what other guys do you want to pop on the VC?

Tecmo (Solomon's Key)

MiamiWesker said:
Yep like that room, but you are right there is no way to get the bonus there, no one knows why the devs put it there.

I think it's for people who have just started a New Game+ and are ready for an attack power promotion with their current total score.

dr3upmushroom said:

You've nailed the biggest supporters, but there are quite a few more. Namco has actually been very active if you look at the Japanese side of things, releasing two Famicom games (Xevious & Galaga) and two PC-Engine games (Wonder Momo, Shadow Land). Koei has lined up Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV for Japan, and if the ESRB is to be trusted, the game will hit North America as well. Atlus just delivered Shin Megami Tensei in Japan, and ChunSoft released a Super Famicom game as well. And as mentioned earlier, Tecmo looks like it's gradually making its NES library accessible, with Solomon's Key already available, Mighty Bomb Jack coming soon, and who knows what else in the pipeline (Ninja Gaiden?).

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I was playing Kid Icarus on my NES earlier because of this thread... man that game is ROUGH, so easy to fall off the little platforms and there aren't any checkpoints :( I need to beat this game, I never beat it when I was younger. :(

Unison

VC Games on the ESRB site that still haven't come out for VC:

CHEW MAN FU
Galaga
Mighty Bomb Jack
PilotWings
Pro Wrestling
Punch-Out
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts

It's starting to thin out, actually...

MrDaravon

Legend of the Mystical Ninja is AWESOME, one of the first SNES games I ever owned. Release it in the states Konami!

Unison said:
VC Games on the ESRB site that still haven't come out for VC:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire

Wow really? Romance 4 is one of my best friend's favorite games of all time, he'd probably buy a wii just for that. I wonder if they'd have to take out the custom officer thing though (which would kill a lot of the fun).

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
US-version ROM files in the Wii Shop Channel Server for games that haven't been released yet:

- Legend of Kage (NES) [This is a new one]
- Excitebike (NES) [Been there since last week, but still unreleased]
- Donkey Kong Country (SNES) [Ditto]
- New Adventure Island (TG16) [Also new]

Count on at least some of these ones being released on Monday.

keanerie said:
Legend of Kage?

Taito ninja-themed action game for the NES. It was a VC launch title in Japan. Don't know much more about it though. If Donkey Kong Country, New Adventure Island, and The Legend of Kage all really do hit on Monday, that will leave Shadow Dancer as the only December Virtual Console title in Japan that isn't Japan-only.

dyls

maynerd said:
Ha! I remember that game. I seem to remember liking it. Super jumping, throwing stars, swinging my blade, climing trees...wild!

Yeah, I remember being floored by how high and far you could jump. The game was hard, though, I never got past maybe the second or third level. One-shot deaths suck.

Myke Greywolf said:
US-version ROM files in the Wii Shop Channel Server for games that haven't been released yet:

- Legend of Kage (NES) [This is a new one]
- Excitebike (NES) [Been there since last week, but still unreleased]
- Donkey Kong Country (SNES) [Ditto]
- New Adventure Island (TG16) [Also new]

Count on at least some of these ones being released on Monday.

kage.gif
nai.gif

I'm not seeing Excitebike or DKC. What are the VC server codes for those?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Cheesemeister said:
kage.gif
nai.gif

I'm not seeing Excitebike or DKC. What are the VC server codes for those?

FBCE and JAEE. The screenshots are not up yet for DKC, only the ROM files. PM me if you want the URL's for those.

Unison

maynerd said:
Is the new adventure island game cool?

The Adventure Island games are all incredibly good, imo.

I loved The Legend of Kage in the Arcade because of its speed, but always thought the NES port was kind of lame.

Wow, I had no idea about New Adventure Island. Have you guys every played Wonder Boy for the Master System? I'm guessing this is a remake for Turbographx? I loved that game when I was a kid!!

Btw, why didnt nintendo include master system in vc? Not like I'd be hard or expensive to implement such a simple system.

fresquito

It cannot be said enough how the fix for Military Madness changes the experience of play. Really, everytime a big scenario appeared (since scenario 3 and on), you'd go "oh, shit, now I'll have to scroll back and forth". Not anymore.

About the game itself, I thought it was shorter than it actually is. I'm halfway through the campaign (level 9) and every combat can last about 50 minutes, although to be fair, halfway the combat you already know how's gonna lose or win.

Something i don't like is the inability to change positions for mines and cannons :-/

Top Bottom