• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Kimawolf
Member
(09-17-2017, 02:33 AM)
Seems to be a genre now which is just not being explored on Switch. Mario Kart/kart racers show there is perhaps some kind of racing fan on the system, so anything down the pipe or on the way?
Unicorn
Member
(09-17-2017, 02:33 AM)
Unicorn's Avatar
How about a follow-up to Slot Car Rivals? A single joycon is pretty much a slot car controller
Ryoku
Member
(09-17-2017, 02:34 AM)
Ryoku's Avatar
Well, Mario Kart simulates an emotional roller coaster, so there's that.
Crimsonclaw111
Member
(09-17-2017, 02:35 AM)
Crimsonclaw111's Avatar
Simulators on digital triggers, lol
OrbitalBeard
Member
(09-17-2017, 02:35 AM)
OrbitalBeard's Avatar
Gear Club Unlimited
Si2k78
Junior Member
(09-17-2017, 02:36 AM)
Hoping that project cars makes it over eventually.
SatoAilDarko
Member
(09-17-2017, 02:37 AM)
SatoAilDarko's Avatar
Digital triggers though?
Hero of Legend
Member
(09-17-2017, 02:43 AM)
Hero of Legend's Avatar

Originally Posted by Si2k78

Hoping that project cars makes it over eventually.

Remember when Slightly Mad said they'd at least look into bringing the game to the Wii U's successor after cancelling that version? Because they sure don't.
Kimawolf
Member
(09-17-2017, 02:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Si2k78

Hoping that project cars makes it over eventually.

LOL they used lawyer speak to "trick" Wii U owners into buying into their crowdfunding game, then canceled the Wii U version, didn't offer refunds and laughed as they moved on so nah, i'm good without pCars.
nampad
Member
(09-17-2017, 03:04 AM)
nampad's Avatar

Originally Posted by SatoAilDarko

Digital triggers though?

The decision for digital triggers was weird but to be fair, Gran Turismo used the right analog stick for accelerating for a while.
EDarkness
Member
(09-17-2017, 03:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

LOL they used lawyer speak to "trick" Wii U owners into buying into their crowdfunding game, then canceled the Wii U version, didn't offer refunds and laughed as they moved on so nah, i'm good without pCars.

I was going to say the same thing. I have no need for that game. Gear Club Unlimited looks pretty cool so far.
Vic
Please help me with my bad english
(09-17-2017, 03:15 AM)

Originally Posted by OrbitalBeard

Gear Club Unlimited

Other than this game, nope.

I need a rally game on the Switch (Sega pls port Sega Rally Revo even if it's an old game -_-).
GearFourth
Banned
(09-17-2017, 03:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

LOL they used lawyer speak to "trick" Wii U owners into buying into their crowdfunding game, then canceled the Wii U version, didn't offer refunds and laughed as they moved on so nah, i'm good without pCars.

Oh damn ...
Nanashrew
Member
(09-17-2017, 03:55 AM)
Nanashrew's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

LOL they used lawyer speak to "trick" Wii U owners into buying into their crowdfunding game, then canceled the Wii U version, didn't offer refunds and laughed as they moved on so nah, i'm good without pCars.

I remember that.

And there's how they've handled their own forums and banning people for setup questions and bug related problems.
F31 Leopard
Junior Member
(09-17-2017, 05:22 AM)
F31 Leopard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crimsonclaw111

Simulators on digital triggers, lol

It wouldn't be a problem for me because I've always used the face buttons in Gran Turismo and other racing sims. Triggers always felt weird for accelerate/braking. I use triggers for shifting. However the shitty dpad on the switch pro and Joycon (lack thereof) would give me problems because I don't use the left analogue stick to steer.

IronicSonic
Member
(09-17-2017, 05:32 AM)
IronicSonic's Avatar

Originally Posted by OrbitalBeard

Gear Club Unlimited

Well this looks good
KingSnake
The Birthday Skeleton
(09-17-2017, 09:56 AM)
KingSnake's Avatar
Remember when Project CARS was cancelled for Wii U and said to be coming to NX and everybody was happy about that? Yeah.
Monado Blade
Member
(09-17-2017, 10:14 AM)
Monado Blade's Avatar

Originally Posted by KingSnake

Remember when Project CARS was cancelled for Wii U and said to be coming to NX and everybody was happy about that? Yeah.

Huh. They said that? I wonder what happened to that? Did they just go silent and hoped people would forget about it?
Lonely1
Member
(09-17-2017, 12:05 PM)
Lonely1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Monado Blade

Huh. They said that? I wonder what happened to that? Did they just go silent and hoped people would forget about it?

Seems to have worked.
nelo_inc
Member
(09-17-2017, 12:09 PM)
nelo_inc's Avatar
Slightly mad studios is owing Nintendo, they announced Project Cars for the Wii U then cancelled.

Maybe, just maybe if the Switch sell many more millions they will try to port Project Cars 2?!
Kolibri
Banned
(09-17-2017, 12:15 PM)
Never going to happen.

I've been Nintendo fan and racing game fan for over 30 years. I've learned to live with the fact that Nintendo consoles just don't like that genre.

You may get some cheapo GT imitation from a small dev. But there will be no big studio sim.
LewieP
Member
(09-17-2017, 12:38 PM)
LewieP's Avatar

Originally Posted by nampad

The decision for digital triggers was weird but to be fair, Gran Turismo used the right analog stick for accelerating for a while.

They were useful in F-Zero GX, too.
fresquito
Member
(09-17-2017, 01:06 PM)
fresquito's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

LOL they used lawyer speak to "trick" Wii U owners into buying into their crowdfunding game, then canceled the Wii U version, didn't offer refunds and laughed as they moved on so nah, i'm good without pCars.

That's not true. You can hold a grudge against SMS for all the above reasons, they are all valid. But it is not true they did not offer refunds.

BTW, PC2 is not happening on the Switch.
blu
Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
(09-17-2017, 02:04 PM)
blu's Avatar
I refuse to play a sim via anything else but proper analogue controls, so it's either a wheel or gyro for me -- sticks, triggers and other spring-loaded contraptions don't qualify.

Originally Posted by fresquito

BTW, PC2 is not happening on the Switch.

No kidding. Burning bridges goes a long way.
Lonely1
Member
(09-17-2017, 03:09 PM)
Lonely1's Avatar

Originally Posted by fresquito

BTW, PC2 is not happening on the Switch.

Have SMS given an official statement on the matter?
fresquito
Member
(09-17-2017, 03:11 PM)
fresquito's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonely1

Have SMS given an official statement on the matter?

No, but I don't see them reimagining the game to make it work on the Switch.
Harmen
Member
(09-17-2017, 03:18 PM)
Harmen's Avatar

Originally Posted by F31 Leopard

It wouldn't be a problem for me because I've always used the face buttons in Gran Turismo and other racing sims.

All GT's on ps2 and ps3 used analog face buttons. Which made that option much better.
F31 Leopard
Junior Member
(09-17-2017, 05:49 PM)
F31 Leopard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Harmen

All GT's on ps2 and ps3 used analog face buttons. Which made that option much better.

Being analogue makes no difference because I'm not pressing the buttons in the same manner as the triggers. I full throttle by completely pressing down the button and let go to decelerate. I also feather by repeatedly tapping the gas/brake. People like using the triggers because you can regulate the travel like a gas/brake pedal.
Oachkatzlschwoaf
Junior Member
(09-17-2017, 05:53 PM)
Oachkatzlschwoaf's Avatar

Originally Posted by F31 Leopard

Being analogue makes no difference because I'm not pressing the buttons in the same manner as the triggers. I full throttle by completely pressing down the button and let go to decelerate. I also feather by repeatedly tapping the gas/brake. People like using the triggers because you can regulate the travel like a gas/brake pedal.

That canít possibly work with traction control and ABS turned off.
F31 Leopard
Junior Member
(09-17-2017, 07:42 PM)
F31 Leopard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oachkatzlschwoaf

That canít possibly work with traction control and ABS turned off.

For normal racing my TCS is 5 and my ABS is 1. For drifting TCS is 0 ABS is 1. As for repeatedly tapping let me clarify. I'm not tapping fast like Jab/Short in Street Fighter. It's in spaced intervals depending on the turn.
Diablohead
Member
(09-17-2017, 07:43 PM)
Diablohead's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crimsonclaw111

Simulators on digital triggers, lol

Gran Turismo 1 used the right stick for accel and decel, before we all had analog triggers this was the best thing to do.
pretty done
Member
(09-17-2017, 07:48 PM)
pretty done's Avatar

Originally Posted by IronicSonic

Well this looks good

Really?

The UI makes it look like a phone game.
Relaxed Muscle
Member
(09-17-2017, 07:49 PM)
Relaxed Muscle's Avatar

Originally Posted by pretty done

Really?

The UI makes it look like a phone game.

That's because is a port of a phone game.
OrbitalBeard
Member
(09-17-2017, 07:50 PM)
OrbitalBeard's Avatar

Originally Posted by pretty done

Really?

The UI makes it look like a phone game.

It's an enhanced version of a mobile game. I don't think it looks all that great, but we'll see.
Relaxed Muscle
Member
(09-17-2017, 07:51 PM)
Relaxed Muscle's Avatar

Originally Posted by OrbitalBeard

It's an enhanced version of a mobile game. I don't think it looks all that great, but we'll see.

Is even a sim racer? Looks arcade-ish to me.
OrbitalBeard
Member
(09-17-2017, 07:52 PM)
OrbitalBeard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Relaxed Muscle

Is even a sim racer? Looks arcade-ish to me.

I don't believe it's a pure sim. It seems closer to something like Forza Horizon or Driveclub.
pretty done
Member
(09-17-2017, 07:52 PM)
pretty done's Avatar

Originally Posted by Relaxed Muscle

That's because is a port of a phone game.

Oh, well that makes sense then!

Maybe EA will throw Switch a bone and port the next NFS game. The one they did on Wii U was a pretty great port (of a pretty stupid game where racing isn't even the focus, but that's besides the point)
NinjaBoiX
Member
(09-17-2017, 07:55 PM)
NinjaBoiX's Avatar

Originally Posted by F31 Leopard

It wouldn't be a problem for me because I've always used the face buttons in Gran Turismo and other racing sims. Triggers always felt weird for accelerate/braking. I use triggers for shifting. However the shitty dpad on the switch pro and Joycon (lack thereof) would give me problems because I don't use the left analogue stick to steer.

What the fuck is this shit?

So even with analog triggers and sticks you'd prefer to use digital buttons? That's crazy bro.
Fiendcode
Member
(09-17-2017, 08:06 PM)
Fiendcode's Avatar
Hopefully Codemasters and EA can bring something, though they tend to veer more arcade hybrids. Along the same lines I'd like too see Ubisoft/Nadeo bring Trackmania.

For purer sims I don't know what options there really are? Most of those are PC only or Sony/MS 1st party?
nelo_inc
Member
(09-17-2017, 08:09 PM)
nelo_inc's Avatar
Maybe Assetto Corsa or Dirt Rally?

But i really don't think the Switch has enough audience for this..
rekameohs
Member
(09-17-2017, 08:09 PM)
rekameohs's Avatar
As others have said, gonna be pretty tough with digital triggers. That's not really suitable for racers that aren't Mario Kart.
PeterOliver
Junior Member
(09-17-2017, 09:13 PM)
PeterOliver's Avatar
Do any of the previous mario karts have throttle that is analog controlled?
steveovig
Member
(09-17-2017, 09:14 PM)
steveovig's Avatar
I imagine with how successful the Switch has been, some good stuff will come eventually. Give it time, I guess.
gingerbeardman
Member
(09-17-2017, 09:15 PM)
gingerbeardman's Avatar

Originally Posted by OrbitalBeard

Gear Club Unlimited

It's garbage and far from simulation
yyr
Member
(09-17-2017, 09:17 PM)
yyr's Avatar

Originally Posted by blu

I refuse to play a sim via anything else but proper analogue controls, so it's either a wheel or gyro for me -- sticks, triggers and other spring-loaded contraptions don't qualify.

What is improper about analog triggers? They *are* proper analogue controls.
Jaded Alyx
(09-17-2017, 09:24 PM)
Jaded Alyx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fiendcode

Hopefully Codemasters and EA can bring something, though they tend to veer more arcade hybrids. Along the same lines I'd like too see Ubisoft/Nadeo bring Trackmania.

For purer sims I don't know what options there really are? Most of those are PC only or Sony/MS 1st party?

http://nintendoeverything.com/codema...-ps4-xbox-one/
F31 Leopard
Junior Member
(09-17-2017, 10:17 PM)
F31 Leopard's Avatar

Originally Posted by NinjaBoiX

What the fuck is this shit?

So even with analog triggers and sticks you'd prefer to use digital buttons? That's crazy bro.

It's more of personal preference and what I'm accustomed to over the years. Not saying the way I prefer to play is better. I've been playing with this control scheme since the original GT.
blu
Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
(09-17-2017, 11:14 PM)
blu's Avatar

Originally Posted by yyr

What is improper about analog triggers? They *are* proper analogue controls.

Sorry, I was on an tablet and my post came off as gibberish. I meant to say that throttle is the last of my concerns, given I'd be using sticks for controls. Being able to keep proper racing line is way more important to me than analogue throttle. BTW, some RL racing vehicles have fairly binary throttle.

Thread Tools