• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT5| Definitely better than the sequel

Ferr986

I'm doing a new playthrough after a couple of years without touching this game and man, other than the 4 directional rolling when locked, this game hasn't aged a day. It still holds beautifully.

horkrux

giphy.gif

it is done

now I'm going to replace everything with bonewheels and it will be wonderful

So I'm trying to do a Giantdad run and I have a question regarding the Chaos Zweihander. Right now I have a +5 Fire Zweihander but I have enough chunks to get it to +2 Chaos, would the stats at 10 humanity for +2 chaos overtake the +5 fire?
(Should also mention that I'm about to go into Sen's funhouse so I can get to Anor Londo asap before making this decision)

gogosox82

So I'm trying to do a Giantdad run and I have a question regarding the Chaos Zweihander. Right now I have a +5 Fire Zweihander but I have enough chunks to get it to +2 Chaos, would the stats at 10 humanity for +2 chaos overtake the +5 fire?
(Should also mention that I'm about to go into Sen's funhouse so I can get to Anor Londo asap before making this decision)

Probably but the difference is going to be small i'd imagine. Won't really see a big difference until its +5.

Once you get in to Sens, grab the gold serpent ring and see if you can get a few more red chunks from the pop-up centipedes in Demon Ruins if you haven't already - I assume you got the ones from Great Hollow and the two black knights in the Asylum? Trade a pyro flame with the crows for one also (get a spare one from Engyi if you're using the one you have).

I used to do low level pvp builds and would sometimes if lucky with drops get enough chunks that early to get me to +4.

Once you get in to Sens, grab the gold serpent ring and see if you can get a few more red chunks from the pop-up centipedes in Demon Ruins if you haven't already - I assume you got the ones from Great Hollow and the two black knights in the Asylum? Trade a pyro flame with the crows for one also (get a spare one from Engyi if you're using the one you have).

I used to do low level pvp builds and would sometimes if lucky with drops get enough chunks that early to get me to +4.

Haven’t gotten the ones from the Great Hollow yet, but I got the ones from the Asylum. I also traded my flame with Snuggly didn’t even know Engyi can give you another flame so I’ll probably grab that too. I fucking hate the Rock Worms in the Demon Ruins so much that I always just avoid them, is there an easy way to kill them without getting fucking destroyed?

Haven't gotten the ones from the Great Hollow yet, but I got the ones from the Asylum. I also traded my flame with Snuggly didn't even know Engyi can give you another flame so I'll probably grab that too. I fucking hate the Rock Worms in the Demon Ruins so much that I always just avoid them, is there an easy way to kill them without getting fucking destroyed?
Poison arrows/mist, magic etc. Since I'm usually low level, I never take them on melee. I poison the single ones and run past the group to the large fire ember (run to the chest and they all pop up behind you) then poison them all + soul arrow with red tear stone ring or something is very quick.

I think you need 12 INT before Engyi will share his flame and sell you spells iirc.

Thought i should start playing Dark Souls 1 again since it's the only game in the series i haven't finished yet. I have a save where i am currently in the depths and have slain the gaping dragon.

But i have no idea on where to go next, i have tried going down into Blighttown but my damage is nowhere near enough to tackle the mobs there, they hit like trucks and my +2 halberd barely do dmg on them phat mobs. I am soul level 34.

I would need some advice on where i should head next for some upgrades or such.

Also is there some shortcut to get out of the depths to firelink? Or how do i get back there?

Thought i should start playing Dark Souls 1 again since it's the only game in the series i haven't finished yet. I have a save where i am currently in the depths and have slain the gaping dragon.

But i have no idea on where to go next, i have tried going down into Blighttown but my damage is nowhere near enough to tackle the mobs there, they hit like trucks and my +2 halberd barely do dmg on them phat mobs. I am soul level 34.

I would need some advice on where i should head next for some upgrades or such.

Also is there some shortcut to get out of the depths to firelink? Or how do i get back there?

If you've done Undead Burg -> Undead Parish -> Depths, the next logical place to go is, in fact, Blighttown. There are a couple other options, though. (area location spoiler)
Below Andre the blacksmith's workshop in the Parish is a door guarded by a Titanite Demon, this leads you to the Darkroot Garden.

Remember that you can always run past enemies if they're giving you trouble. Which enemies exactly are you having trouble with in Blighttown? If it's the orcs, the best way to kill those is to backstab them 3 times or so.

I think the best place to grind pre-Blighttown is the Parish church. The three knights there are pretty good early-game prey.

As for getting out of the Depths,
Exit the bonfire, in front of you should be a corridor. Go through there, go left, climb back up through the sewers part of the Depths.
After exiting the door you unlock by killing the Capra Demon (you can pretty much only exit the Depths through where you came from), you can climb the tower in front of you- that takes you back to Firelink (namely, through the aqueduct you walk in to reach the Burg for the first time).

Top Bottom