• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII PC re-release. SE Store Exclusive - Out now, Internet required

antitrop

More like overly pixelated. Don't like at Yoshichan's pictures, though. This game looks nowhere near as bad as his stretched nonsense.
I can second that. Extremely pixelated (especially compared to the new higher resolution polygonal models) but not as gag-reflex inducingly bad as those screens.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If Sephiroth was a class in FFXI, he'd be a puppetmaster.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Boom, I just watched one of my favorite FMVs of all time... all the Weapons unleashed, Black Materia back to Sephiroth, everything is going downhills...

Amazing. The real FFVII starts here.

Parallacs

Sorry if this has been asked already:

Can I transfer saves over from the old PC version? (I had a gold chokobo / ruby and emerald down)

I'm also halfway through on the PSP version, can I transfer that save?

Thanks

Sorry if this has been asked already:

Can I transfer saves over from the old PC version? (I had a gold chokobo / ruby and emerald down)

I'm also halfway through on the PSP version, can I transfer that save?

Thanks

Dunno about PC version, but I can say no about the PSP/PS1 one.

Heropon

Finally got Meteorain. I guess I can move on to Sector 6 soon.

How many of these guys
NqYiV.png
have you killed?

Yoshichan

When Barret opens the windows and the meteor gets introduced to us... the silence, the horror...

Jucksalbe

Banned
How many of these guys
NqYiV.png
have you killed?

Hmm....Cloud at Limit Level 3-1 and Aerith at level 2-2, means at least 160 enemies killed for Cloud and 80 for Aerith. Let's say I killed about 30 enemies with Cloud before that area and maybe killed an additional 25 enemies with Aerith so far. That makes 235 enemies killed in the area. In average 4 out of 5 enemies in the area should be...umm....those guys, I should have killed around 190 of them.
Wait, the question wasn't rhetorical, was it?

Yoshichan

The Weapon-song is actually better than the original, thank God.

And the scene between Jeuno and Sapphire... just brilliant.

Mindman

I like that Heidegger's belly just goes through the table.

I have no idea how you guys can enjoy the crisp characters op top of horribly pixelated backgrounds. Looks like garbage.

No one ever told me what the FILTER setting does in the video options screen by the way...

Yoshichan

Sapphire was the greatest threat against Jeunon. Most underrated weapon in FFVII :(

If he just didn't stand with his head next to the frikkin' cannon.

Yoshichan

PRESS [OK] TO SLAP!

sueil

So does using the character booster cost money? I heard it was some kind of dlc thing. Also is it only temporary or permanent? Does it disable achievements? I don't plan on using it, it just wasn't explained very well. I got a good laugh that you have to do it from the website and can't even use it in game.

So does using the character booster cost money? I heard it was some kind of dlc thing. Also is it only temporary or permanent? Does it disable achievements? I don't plan on using it, it just wasn't explained very well. I got a good laugh that you have to do it from the website and can't even use it in game.

It's free, and available from your online profile from the main menu of the game. I believe it's permanent. It says before pressing the button you can't revert back.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
PRESS [OK] TO SLAP!
I miss stuff like that. I saw that for the first time when my cousins were playing the PSX version in 1997 and they were really getting into it. :lol

That $*&^%! FFVII's way censoring the swearing made me chuckle too.

Oh, here's a PC mod version of the scene (early disc 2 spoilers if you're playing this for the first time ever). It's jarring when you go to non-Popeye models to Popeye models in the next scene.

Yoshichan

Aaaand off we go!

NN52M.png

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Taking a break on my stream for now. Be back in like 1-2 hours with some more action and maybe pizza.. :p

My VODs are located here if you want to view any
http://www.twitch.tv/corran666/videos

One of my biggest issues with the game? Playing in on a controller and the game tells you to hit [SWITCH] [OK] [CANCEL] etc. Im always having to think extra on which one is which lol.

Yoshichan

Quadra Magic, get! Who needs Black Chocobo?! Trollololol (sorry, I had to try it out, see if they fixed it or not :lol)

Yoshichan

Whaaaaaaat?! I wasn't aware of this!!! D:

PC version only?
Nope, PS1-version as-well :p Takes some practice but once you get the hang of it, it's kinda easy~

Yoshichan

Not accurate!

I need to quit my current session to updade it accurately!

McNum

I wonder if the Chocobo Race stamina trick still works. What was it again, you had to hold down L2 and R2 to regain stamina Or was it L1 and R1? Of course, you can still dash while doing this, making it possible to just dash all the way.

Speaking minigames. Do they run right in this version? That is, correct speed and look right? That's one of those things that's a real pain to get right with the old PC version. On the flipside, it's amusing to see just how fast the motorcycle game ends when played on a modern PC.

Yoshichan

Oh Yoshichan, just give Cait Sith a Hyper and use his Dice already. Same for Cid (ex: the bestest party member ever) and Vincent.

*is one of those weirdos who rotates party members around often, sometimes based on dialogue*
I refuse to give any of those failures attention!

That's right, I called your boys failures! >:)

I'll get right to the farming when I'm two seconds from Disc 3!

Yoshichan

Xeno... gears...?! GET A GRIP, CLOUD! THERE IS NO SUCH THING CALLED XENOGEARS!

Seik

Banned
Playing with a 360 controller is a fucking mess, the settings don't even let me change the controls as if it doesn't detect the controller, but works fine ingame.

-In fight-
*Try to hit down to go to 'Magic' with the joystick, because that damn D-pad doesn't work*
*cursor goes to 'Change' and I accidentally hit confirm, losing a turn*

FUUUUUUUUUUU!

Jucksalbe

Banned
So, now that I have both Cloud's and Aerith's level 3-2 limit breaks and Cloud's at level 20, I can finally and really go to Sector 6.
I just love to play this game ridiculously overpowered. There's something very satisfying about killing off bosses with one Meteorain so early in the game. Next grinding spot will be outside Kalm, gotta kill the snake.

Muskweeto

Speaking minigames. Do they run right in this version? That is, correct speed and look right? That's one of those things that's a real pain to get right with the old PC version. On the flipside, it's amusing to see just how fast the motorcycle game ends when played on a modern PC.
I recently finished the motorcycle part and it ran at a normal speed.

antitrop

Playing with a 360 controller is a fucking mess, the settings don't even let me change the controls as if it doesn't detect the controller, but works fine ingame.

-In fight-
*Try to hit down to go to 'Magic' with the joystick, because that damn D-pad doesn't work*
*cursor goes to 'Change' and I accidentally hit confirm, losing a turn*

FUUUUUUUUUUU!

You need to use a third-party program to get the D-Pad working on the 360 controller, I know it sucks.

Top Bottom