• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heads Up Everyone !! Halo 3 Limited Edition Big Disc Problems !!

RumFore

Banned
In the gamevideos.com unboxing you can see it fall out. I hope mine is fine as I doubt I will be able to return it.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Seeing how Shipping companies like UPS handle packages when in transit, I fear for all your copies of Halo 3 LE...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
CounterSeal said:
Crap...

/pre-ordered LE

Hopefully Microsoft will offer replacements. Which they should.

:lol Good luck with that.

"Does the game play? Good. Thanks for calling and enjoy Halo 3!"

Firestorm

Looks like I'm going to open mine in the store to make sure it's fine.

And Blue Dragon has this issue? Shit. I haven't even opened mine since I got it last week. I should see what it's like.

Edit: Ok opened Blue Dragon and it's fine. Although why the heck is there an Eternal Sonata ad in it?

IzumiK

Banned
Microsoft: "We are issuing a 3-year warranty for all Halo 3 Limited Edition copies. If your disc is scratched from the case you may send it, in its original case, to us and we will refurbish it and send you back the disc. Of course, it will not be covered from scratching from other sources including cats and Xbox 360s. Oh yes, we know how it is scratched." ~piercing eye glare~

Hunter D said:
Don't they test for this? Is it hard to pack a few in a box and throw it around to see what happens to them?

Microsoft don't test. They're an impulsive company, wanting to get their fantastic ideas to the masses as soon as possible, without worrying about "build quality" or "customer satisfaction". What really matters is that the product is available, they can fix the problems later.

MCD

TheGreatDave said:
Microsoft don't test. They're an impulsive company, wanting to get their fantastic ideas to the masses as soon as possible, without worrying about "build quality" or "customer satisfaction". What really matters is that the product is available, they can fix the problems later.

MS: Act now, think later.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I can confirm this is true. I was opening one today and it was loose in the box.

I was pretty shocked.

Bebpo

Banned
It's kinda sad, but I'll be ok with scratches as long as the game plays and the bonus disc does as well.

I'd change to the normal edition but I want the bonus disc :(

voltron

This sux. I bet Bungie are pissed about this too -- unnecessary bad press for something that was out of their control.

Tuesday on GAF should be very interesting. We could have heartache and joy all at the same time.

voltron said:
This sux. I bet Bungie are pissed about this too -- unnecessary bad press for something that was out of their control.

They have no say in the design of the packaging?

preordered the CE, as long as the gamne is playable im fine for now

if this is as mass as it seems it will be ms will likely take action

if not ill return hoping to get a non scratched disc [if mine is damaged] after my Halo 3 playthrough

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Atilac said:
How far will this snowball?

It'll stop when you start playing the game.

No one will give a shit then. However, I bet we see an increase of "MY 360 DIED WHILE PLAYING HALO 3 OH NOES" posts.

Foil

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll see a fixed version of the LE a few weeks later.

crap-fixed-theMSway.jpg

RiskyChris said:
God this is such bullshit.

What the fuck. How fucking hard is it to put a few boxes together and toss them around a room?
All they had to do is that make center part that holds disc - don't know what it is called - same as standard disc case.

Bebpo said:
It's kinda sad, but I'll be ok with scratches as long as the game plays and the bonus disc does as well.

I'd change to the normal edition but I want the bonus disc :(

I'm anal about my games and can not live with scratched up crap especially after paying full retail plus tax for it brand new.

tak

voltron said:
If this turns out to be wide spread, it is going to dominant the news come Halo 3 launch day.

I have a helmet and two cases protecting my disks.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
TheGreatDave said:
Tuesday on GAF should be very interesting. We could have heartache and joy all at the same time.

They have no say in the design of the packaging?

Likely not

Top Bottom