• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Tales of Hearts (R) Coming to the West

FSLink

Banned
To be honest I'm glad it isn't for 3DS. Don't know why but nearly all my RPG gaming is done on handhelds. I've come to prefer it that way since the Vita. Whereas the 3DS is such a bad piece of equipment to play on, I hate the "controller" couldn't care less about the graphics...kinda. So even if it was the spammy DS perfectly remade I would have gladly bought it on the Vita. I love that D-pad as well as the sticks. Plus the sound is better even if I decide to analog that sucker.

Anyway, not here to bash on the 3DS.. even though I hated what had happened with Abyss, first game I picked up and haven't managed to play more than a few hours :(... Just saying I'm actually a bit excited for this...now lets hope the rumor is true.

While I agree that the Vita's the more comfortable handheld and has better ergonomics/sound/etc, I do think if they developed a 3DS game (that isn't a port like Abyss and that upcoming mobile port) they'd give it more of a budget due to the platform being healthier. I'm curious to see what their 3DS efforts will look like in the future.

Maybe localize both? Iirc they were also some other DS RPGs that were now just localized for 3DS (Inazuma, some SMT...)
I'd like a 2D Tales. :(

While this would be amazing, they don't share scripts or anything and I can't see them devoting resources to localize both.

L~A

While I agree that the Vita's the more comfortable handheld and has better ergonomics/sound/etc, I do think if they developed a 3DS game (that isn't a port like Abyss and that upcoming mobile port) they'd give it more of a budget due to the platform being healthier. I'm curious to see what their 3DS efforts will look like in the future.

3DS efforts? Ha ha... They can't even bothered to put Tales of the Abyss on the eShop, so I wouldn't hold my breath there. It's already a miracle they're porting that smartphone game, so let's not get crazy and expect the impossible :p

Voror

I'd buy it in a heartbeat, though I'll always be a bit sad we never got the DS version since it looked fun as hell. And they added random encounters to the R version? Why? One of the nice things about Tales games normally is not having to deal with that.

I suppose one nice thing about playing a few of the older tales game is that I'm used to there being random battles in my tales. In fact, now that I think about it I've played more that have random battles than those that don't.

The funny thing is that it's usually the 2d tales games that have random battles and the 3d ones that don't, but that's the opposite in the case of Tales of Hearts.

In case it helps anyone, this game was apparently listed on Gamestop's website for preorder for a very short period of time and then taken down.

Spelling mistakes aside, this only makes it seem more plausible.

Top Bottom