• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

I'm sorry if this has been asked.

Is there a way to get the legendary crafting materials to use Kanai's Cube? I've been doing five bounties in each act and there's nothing dropping from the Large Horadric Chest.

To check the obvious: are you aware the materials are in the materials tab in your inventory now and not in your "normal" inventory? It was a recent change so maybe you just missed it.

Dunfisch

I'm thinking on playing the new season. I've always wanted a badass Barb that just jumps in there and mows enemies down and doesn't die. What would be the best build for that? WW?

I'll be doing a summon Necro first for sure.

That Barbarian exists, and we call it Leapquake! Combines Might of the Earth set with Lut Socks boots and Blade of the Tribes 2H mighty weapon. You jump 3 times in a row, causing Earthquakes each time you land. You'll need to expend your fury quickly to cooldown Leap via the 2PC set bonus, Ancient Spear with Boulder Toss rune is the usual go-to. The weapon boosts Earthquake by a ton and causes both an Avalanche and Earthquake when you use resource generating shouts.

It's fairly tanky too, given you both get a ton of armor via the set and are always on the move - can't get hit while airborne.

Dunfisch

Is there a way to get the legendary crafting materials to use Kanai's Cube? I've been doing five bounties in each act and there's nothing dropping from the Large Horadric Chest.

The act specific crafting materials have been moved to the new integrated materials stash, check it on the bottom left of your inventory. To use them in the cube - for extraction or rerolling legendaries -, go to the recipe you want and use the fill function, it'll automatically grab the required materials then. Just add the item to extract / reroll and hit it.

As for nothing dropping, that shouldn't be possible. Even at Lvl 1 and on Normal any bounty cache will drop mats. You might have just not noticed, referring to above.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't know what to do with the new season.

Wizards get the Talrasha set this time right? I love seeing all kind of meteors fall all over the place, so I'm tempted going that way rather than buying the Necromancer and use that.

Takuan

Here's a nice overview of what's new for players who are coming back after a long break, going back to vanilla:
https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/6lei4g/whats_new_26_guide_for_returning_d3_players/

and for getting started in this season:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/6mfjqz/season_11_megathread/
(check the leveling guides at the bottom)

Thanks for this - very helpful.

I completed the Inarius set a few nights ago and have been running through T1 rifts without any difficulty. I don't really get equipment from it worth noting, I'm essentially just farming Death's Breaths for enchantments and getting other setpieces using Kanai's. Looks like I should run more bounties for upgrade mats, since I'm pretty sure my gear isn't ancient and doesn't have ideal stats.

I haven't tried a GR solo yet. I was in a public game where a guy started one, and we were getting destroyed. I think I'll try one tonight and see how I fare.

HORRORSHØW

I'm still on PS4. Haven't been able to play in ages, hoping to get some time with Necro in a couple weekends.
Aw man. Jump ship to PC lol.

Necro's pretty fun. 3 viable sets. Let's not mention pestilence. They need to totally rework that set instead of tweaking some numbers.

Takuan

HORRORSHØW;243362082 said:
Aw man. Jump ship to PC lol.

Necro's pretty fun. 3 viable sets. Let's not mention pestilence. They need to totally rework that set instead of tweaking some numbers.

I really want to get a Rathma's set going. I started off with the Skeletal Mage - Singularity build, but it was so slow because of my shoddy gear. In my heart of hearts, though, the Necromancer is meant to be played as a summoner.

Ryck

I don't know what to do with the new season.

Wizards get the Talrasha set this time right? I love seeing all kind of meteors fall all over the place, so I'm tempted going that way rather than buying the Necromancer and use that.
I've never played a season, this will be my first one, so you start with a Tal set? Or you get like a really good rolled one?

How does this work?

HORRORSHØW

I really want to get a Rathma's set going. I started off with the Skeletal Mage - Singularity build, but it was so slow because of my shoddy gear. In my heart of hearts, though, the Necromancer is meant to be played as a summoner.
Yes! Rathmas is my go-to set. Did an 81 with only an ancient weapon and like 600plevel. Tried trang'ouls. It's strong but not my playstyle.

eek5

I've never played a season, this will be my first one, so you start with a Tal set? Or you get like a really good rolled one?

How does this work?

You get a set of missions that you complete. One of them is usually getting to level 70. Each mission you complete rewards you with bags that when you open them have set pieces. They can drop as anything, including primal if you are lucky.

Not guaranteed to be rolled well but usually the 6 set bonus is enough to get you into farm mode for most classes.

Takuan

HORRORSHØW;243364212 said:
Yes! Rathmas is my go-to set. Did an 81 with only an ancient weapon and like 600plevel. Tried trang'ouls. It's strong but not my playstyle.

Haven't messed with Blood Necro yet at all. I'll try it out after completing Rathma's. At the moment, I'm having a decent time just walking through everything with Inarius' set.

Li Kao

Just my luck, as usual, after years of procrastinating I decided to play D3 for the first time today. Andddd... this morning I learn that there was an issue and that Blizzard is doing a double XP week end as an apology.
I don't fucking want to have double XP as my first experience with the game, can I deactivate it somehow or am I doomed to wait until Monday to play the game ?

Just my luck, as usual, after years of procrastinating I decided to play D3 for the first time today. Andddd... this morning I learn that there was an issue and that Blizzard is doing a double XP week end as an apology.
I don't fucking want to have double XP as my first experience with the game, can I deactivate it somehow or am I doomed to wait until Monday to play the game ?

Exp doesn't really matter. If you are leveling too fast just up the difficulty.

Li Kao

Exp doesn't really matter. If you are leveling too fast just up the difficulty.

Yeah I understand that this is not a big issue in a scalable game, but still, it's surely my OCD talking but I would really like to experience the game normally.
I'm aware I'm in the minority here but why on earth devs don't put a fucking toggle on these special events is beyond me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah I understand that this is not a big issue in a scalable game, but still, it's surely my OCD talking but I would really like to experience the game normally.
I'm aware I'm in the minority here but why on earth devs don't put a fucking toggle on these special events is beyond me.

there is no "normally". The ""normal" difficulty for example is so mind numblingly easy that its a complete waste of time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah I knew that and planned to play on Hard. Guess I could try the next difficulty option...

Also it's not like you get to level 70 when you finish reaper of souls, it's usually quite a bit before so...yeah dont worry about it, from one ocd to another.

Sanctuary

Definitely need to take a break now, or I'm going to burn out before the new Season starts. Kept trying to decide between Demon Hunter, Wizard and Witch Doctor. They all have something about their playstyles that I like, although I decided that since my goal was to get Paragon and "gear" for a Necro that I might play later, being an INT class makes the most sense. Finally got to play with the Helltooth Angry Chicken build...yeah.

The Witch Doctor not only levels ridiculously fast, he's also the fastest at doing normal rifts, and also for GRs that you're only doing to raise lower level gems. It's kind of like the "Corpsemancer" Necro that just dashes from elite to elite, blowing them up with Corpse Explosion. Both can do rifts in less than three minutes, but the Chicken seems better in case you go the wrong way. The only thing I can't stand about the class is that they seem to be the most glass cannon of them all. I literally die to any single mortar or RG that loves to spam teleport, and I'm using a level 50 Gizzard and have 60% DR active at all times and up to another 30% from Soul Harvest. Shit makes no sense.

I have only just got my 1st character to lvl70 and certain materials didn't drop until I upped difficulty to torment 3

After that I was able to start using the cube.

Bisnic

Where can I see how many rift\greater rift keys i have?

There is no rift keys. You can do them as many times as you want.
As for the greater rift keys, they should be in your inventory(they take space like normal items). If not, check all your stash tabs, just in case you had any in there.

Bisnic

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20757637630#1

Starting this weekend, all heroes who log in to Diablo III on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will receive double the usual amount of experience points!

The bonus buff begins in the Americas, Australia, and on console today, July 14 at 5 p.m. PDT and ends Monday, July 17 at 10 a.m. PDT. The buff is currently live in other regions and will end at various times (see below for details).

• Korea / Taiwan: Ends July 17 @ 8:00 UTC*
• China: Ends July 17 @ 8:00 UTC*
• Europe: Ends July 17 @ 11:00 UTC*

*For time zone assistance, click here.

Whether you’re just starting out with your new Necromancer or working on taking your Paragon level even further, get ready to jump into the fray and rise to new heights!

What a weird timing for double XP. I mean, when (almost) everyone has every classes and hundreds of paragon points on their non-season characters already.

Wow, I finally found a rainbow goblin and ended up in Whimseydale. Also ended up finding a bunch of greens. Up to four pieces of the Inarius set now. And my DPS went from 374k up to 565k in the last couple hours. Feels good to make progress.

Question. I'm planning to craft the Hellfire ring. I have the plans, I got all four Infernal Machines that the Keywardens drop. Now what do I do? The Blacksmith says I still need a few crafting materials. How do I get those?

Ok i had another session on my WD last night. Made more progress. Got my base dps up to just over 1 million with 54% crit chance and about 390% crit damage. I got a new ring that summons fetishes on mana spenders so i moved my passive that does similar to something else.

So now i don't need rain of toads for summoning fetishes i am wondering what would be a good replacement. Maybe just different toads that have a status effect or something.

Dunfisch

Wow, I finally found a rainbow goblin and ended up in Whimseydale. Also ended up finding a bunch of greens. Up to four pieces of the Inarius set now. And my DPS went from 374k up to 565k in the last couple hours. Feels good to make progress.

Question. I'm planning to craft the Hellfire ring. I have the plans, I got all four Infernal Machines that the Keywardens drop. Now what do I do? The Blacksmith says I still need a few crafting materials. How do I get those?

Just wait until you get 6PC Inarius, that'll be a whopping 27.5 multiplier to your damage. As for the Hellfire rings, you gotta kill the uber bosses. The machines open up portals to the fights. There's a hut by the healer guy in New Tristram, the door can be smashed in and entered.

Though, I don't see why you would want a Hellfire Ring on a fully levelled character. The XP gain becomes marginal, and the unique power on it does nothing at this stage. You might mean to craft a Hellfire amulet instead, that's in a rather different league.

Li Kao

Good God, what the fuck is this game balance ?
I knew that normal was easy and there is the double xp thing too, but man I think I regret choosing hard and not the next step.
I'm roflstomping over everything that move, crawl or cackle. I nearly pity the enemy sometimes...

Absolutely stupid that I can lower the difficulty but not augment it :-/

That being said, it's still good fun I won't argue here.

I knew that normal was easy and there is the double xp thing too, but man I think I regret choosing hard and not the next step.
I'm roflstomping over everything that move, crawl or cackle. I nearly pity the enemy sometimes...

That being said, it's still good fun I won't argue here.

Thats the thing with diablo. Its fun regardless. And even when it's hard its more a case of easy until one elite mob also one shots you lol.

Just wait until you get 6PC Inarius, that'll be a whopping 27.5 multiplier to your damage. As for the Hellfire rings, you gotta kill the uber bosses. The machines open up portals to the fights. There's a hut by the healer guy in New Tristram, the door can be smashed in and entered.

Though, I don't see why you would want a Hellfire Ring on a fully levelled character. The XP gain becomes marginal, and the unique power on it does nothing at this stage. You might mean to craft a Hellfire amulet instead, that's in a rather different league.

Yeah, I wanted to craft it because I never did it back in D3 Vanilla. But do I need the same ingredients for the amulet or different ones?

I managed to kill the uber bosses fine. But that last one was tough.

You'll be able to increase the difficulty after playing on the current setting for a while. I started on expert and bumped it up to master on my first playthrough. Still wasn't difficult but the exp and loot drop increases were nice.

Ryck

You get a set of missions that you complete. One of them is usually getting to level 70. Each mission you complete rewards you with bags that when you open them have set pieces. They can drop as anything, including primal if you are lucky.

Not guaranteed to be rolled well but usually the 6 set bonus is enough to get you into farm mode for most classes.
Nice thanks for the info!

Dunfisch

Yeah, I wanted to craft it because I never did it back in D3 Vanilla. But do I need the same ingredients for the amulet or different ones?

The new Hellfire ring and amulet share the uber organs, yeah. You'll need 10 Forgotten Souls for the ammy on top of the organs, though. The old Hellfire ring uses materials which... don't really drop anymore. I think you can still get them if you kill uber bosses while below level 60, but there's no point, given that the new version does everything the old one did and more.

Sanctuary

So what's up with Heretic's Abode? It's been a while, but there's no interaction. I can't break the boards to get in, it's on Torment, and story mode was completed.

So what's up with Heretic's Abode? It's been a while, but there's no interaction. I can't break the boards to get in, it's on Torment, and story mode was completed.

Same for me but I was able to get in by attacking it anyway. If you have all 4 Infernal Machines it should work.

So what are some other effective skill combos for a Necro? Right now I'm running:
  • Bone Spikes
  • Bone Spear
  • Corpse Explosion
  • Command Skeletons
  • Command Golem
  • Bone Armor

It's been working well for me so far, but I'm getting a smidge bored and was wondering if there isn't a better skill loadout I could be using. Any suggestions?

Dunfisch

Weekly Rift Challenge is kicking my butt.

I failed it too the first time, but you really gotta get in there to make it work. In the thick of it, your fury will regen just fine to keep whirlwinding, and use that Wrath of the Berserker on elites! The passive which reduces the cooldown is active, and you got a Zodiac ring to do the rest. Threathening Shout is mostly just for a bit of resource gain, I find. Battle Cry should be up at all times, and once again, the more enemies you got around you, the better it scales.

Sanctuary

So what are some other effective skill combos for a Necro? Right now I'm running:
  • Bone Spikes
  • Bone Spear
  • Corpse Explosion
  • Command Skeletons
  • Command Golem
  • Bone Armor

It's been working well for me so far, but I'm getting a smidge bored and was wondering if there isn't a better skill loadout I could be using. Any suggestions?

What level are you? I leveled a Necro twice to 70, and even during the second time it was actually difficult to find complimentary skills that felt like a workable build. It was actually quite a slog the second time around until Singularity (Mage) unlocked, and I used the Numlock trick to have them auto cast, while manually using Devour. I actually returned to the game after a break for the Necro, but found that as it stands right now, I don't particularly care for any of the builds that don't revolve around Corpse Explosion.

Here's a really fun one one that's not too terribly difficult to gear for (although ironically, you need to farm a bit to get the gear for a build that is essentially a farming build). It will probably work with less, but I think around 400 Paragon is where it really starts to take off.

Here's another, but the gear requirements are extremely high. It's basically an end of Season (if you're doing that) build:
Progression version
Speed version

Dunfisch

PSA

The next season starts in 4 days, on the upcoming thursday. I don't handle US folks, but for all the EU addicts, we'll be going live at 5 PM in the evening for the majority of us. UK peeps get on at 4 PM.

Be there or get slain and resurrected - there's no choice to be had!

PSA

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i still cant decide what class to go with for S11. i only got into seasons with 9. first went with a wizard then a demon hunter. i don't want to go necromancer becauses i guess that's what most people will go with. i'm not a big fan of the crusader or barbarian so i'll probably go a monk or witch doctor. then do a necromancer in S13.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
PSA

The next season starts in 4 days, on the upcoming thursday. I don't handle US folks, but for all the EU addicts, we'll be going live at 5 PM in the evening for the majority of us. UK peeps get on at 4 PM.

PSA

I might be there, though not until later in the evening, and I might play with some IRL friends instead, we'll see.

Bombless

PSA

PSA

Sigh, I don't want to do this...but I might.

I failed it too the first time, but you really gotta get in there to make it work. In the thick of it, your fury will regen just fine to keep whirlwinding, and use that Wrath of the Berserker on elites! The passive which reduces the cooldown is active, and you got a Zodiac ring to do the rest. Threathening Shout is mostly just for a bit of resource gain, I find. Battle Cry should be up at all times, and once again, the more enemies you got around you, the better it scales.

Nice, I'll try that out. Thanks for the tips. Are you running the EU GAF Guild?

What level are you? I leveled a Necro twice to 70, and even during the second time it was actually difficult to find complimentary skills that felt like a workable build. It was actually quite a slog the second time around until Singularity (Mage) unlocked, and I used the Numlock trick to have them auto cast, while manually using Devour. I actually returned to the game after a break for the Necro, but found that as it stands right now, I don't particularly care for any of the builds that don't revolve around Corpse Explosion.

My Necro is at Paragon 155 right now. I've gotten up to GR23 so far and beaten all the Uber Bosses. I don't really feel like playing another Necro when the new season starts, so I'll probably finally give the Crusader a shot.

Thanks for the skill suggestions, I'll check them out.

Dunfisch

Nice, I'll try that out. Thanks for the tips. Are you running the EU GAF Guild?

Kind of. Yoshichan is Admin, but he's been a no-show in D3 for years, and the last time I broached the subject of elevating someone else to the position, it ended with "but then I'd have to install the game to access clan settings".

Of the remaining moderators, 2 haven't been online in over half a year, and the remaining 4 are usually there during seasons, including me. Outside of seasons, there's not so much activity, but I try to enter folks into the clan whenever someone asks here.

For all intents and purposes, it's mostly me and Nokterian running things. Well, if you want in, just say the word and I'll add you.

Stevey

PSA

PSA

I'll be there at season launch, im in the UK and dont finish work til 4pm so wont be on til later that night though

Kind of. Yoshichan is Admin, but he's been a no-show in D3 for years, and the last time I broached the subject of elevating someone else to the position, it ended with "but then I'd have to install the game to access clan settings".

Of the remaining moderators, 2 haven't been online in over half a year, and the remaining 4 are usually there during seasons, including me. Outside of seasons, there's not so much activity, but I try to enter folks into the clan whenever someone asks here.

For all intents and purposes, it's mostly me and Nokterian running things. Well, if you want in, just say the word and I'll add you.

Nice. Poor form on Yoshichan though. MrLuchador#2773

Dunfisch

PSA

By the way, for folks who either wanted to enter the (EU) clan at some point, or intend to, this always works by a moderator inviting you via full battletag, but once we do, it's on a 10 day expiration timer. I've had multiple people who asked to be added, but then never confirmed their invite. Just saying :p .

PSA

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yeah, same thing for the US side. We have a bunch of active people set up as officers and it's the same approach with invitation by tag.

When new people want in, we've been kicking the people with the longest idle time, so make sure you log in to keep the account alive if you haven't been on last season and want in on this one. It just saves some time getting re-invited.

Top Bottom