• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robert Bowling (of @fourzerotwo) resigns from Activision

NHale

He probably got tired of kids always tweeting him to fix the problems with COD X after posting a picture of his daughter on twitter...on a Sunday.

FoneBone

super senior douche was Noah Heller. Not Bowling. It depends on what the poster meant. We're both right. He ISN'T the douche, but he is the one who called the other a douche.
I'm pretty sure that being the one who called heller the douche was what he meant... and that was some petty, childish bullshit on Heller's part.

Lunchbox

Banned
gameover activision

next call of duty is bomba guaranteed. i dont know how much you know about social media hypemen, buy this is HUGE. the call of duty audience will be in an uproar over this.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
What's the story behind why everyone dislikes Bowling? I didn't follow the drama.

Haunted

"Creative Strategist" is the emptiest title I've ever heard. And I've seen some corporate bullshit titles over the years.

winstano

From Brian Crecente on Twitter:

Long time face of Call of Duty, Robert Bowling quit today, Activision confirmed to Vox Games.

Never really liked the guy after MW2 stuff but the way he says that he resigns reminds me of The Office when Michael declares bankruptcy for some reason lol

tumblr_l6iqw1WL9P1qaggjuo1_500.gif

pargonta

if not negative feelings, i think he was trying to succinctly explain his departure from the brand, the dev company, and the pub company.

to do that on twitter with no silly abbreviations and with 6 or so characters still leftover to use... pretty good.

gameover activision

next call of duty is bomba guaranteed. i dont know how much you know about social media hypemen, buy this is HUGE. the call of duty audience will be in an uproar over this.

It's Treyarch's year. Also, If IW losing half it's staff didn't affect MW3's sales, I really doubt losing a community manager will cause much of an uproar. Some people will complain, sure but that will blow off extremely quickly. The most that will happen is that the people who don't enjoy IW's installment on 2013 or the sales decline a bit, they'll blame it on the loss of Robert Bowling(lol).

KaiserBecks

What a beautiful day. I hope he'll be a creative strategist in another industry, preferably an industry I've never heard of. Knowing that I won't see that lying jerk promoting another CoD ever again actually makes me looking forward to playing MW4 some day (maybe even with dedicated servers!). And that says a lot.

Arment

I remember when he was hired right between the CoD2 and CoD4 transition. I didn't envy him of his job to deal with the players then. Unfortunately that's right when CoD started sucking so I always did attribute him with that.

Best of luck I guess.

Sean

Banned
He probably got tired of kids always tweeting him to fix the problems with COD X after posting a picture of his daughter on twitter...on a Sunday.

Dunno how he managed to put up with the Call of Duty audience for all these years. That shit is enough to drive a man insane. From taking a quick look at his trending topic on Twitter, here are a few tweets:

DaIlladelph
Thank god that Robert bowling faggot quit he ruined call of duty.

xXiiTZBRANDONXx
@fourzerotwo FUCK ROBERT BOWLING HE CANT FUCKIN MAKE A GOOD GAME

PratikBhupendra
Robert Bowling gone hopefully cod gets better. The fuck cunt !!!

tipperarylad
FUCK U ROBERT BOWLING...GO DIE IN A HOLE

slycooper995
yes suck it you motherfucking assfuck i hope you fucking die robert bowling you

D_prOdigy

Dunno how he managed to put up with the Call of Duty audience for all these years. That shit is enough to drive a man insane. From taking a quick look at his trending topic on Twitter, here are a few tweets:

And now I'm rooting for him.

God, what the fuck is wrong with people.

Havok

I've always been genuinely surprised that he wasn't let go after publicly attacking an employee of his parent company over comparing two games in the same series and getting a few details wrong.

Best of luck, I guess.

Seda

Wow.

Good luck on your future endeavors Mr. Bowling.

Top Bottom