• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kendrick Lamar: The Heart Part 4 - Single

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Sean isnt a bad rapper, but hes not on this level. He definitely took a shot at Kdot on No more Interviews. I immediately thought of Kendrick when I heard the song.

He needs to back away though; shit, he cant stand toe to toe with this dude at all.
KuGsj.gif

silentbum

Neo Member
Also the last line "have til April 7 to get your shit together

That's drakes chorus on Get It Together on More Life

Cmon people!

Or it's a reference to Jay's "y'all got less than two months to get y'all thing together" from the end of Show Me What You Got

Spira

Banned
I don't think Kendrick is going to go past subliminal shots, but if he called out drake, oh boy! Ovo sweatshop would go down in flames.

Again, I'm not saying he will but he would get away unscathed.

Ivan 3414

Just like Drake said though nobody was talking about that verse weeks later

Precisely. That entire song is forgettable outside of the context of Kendrick's career

When that song came out people were talking about how that would revitalize hip-hop, and we were going to get some amazing diss tracks and sum other bullshit. All that came up was some irrelevant niggas not even mentioned on the song latching on to the hype like ticks and J. Cole literally crying on a Justin Timberlake guest spot

robotrock

Banned
should kendrick really be taking shots at rappers when the white house is the way that it is right now?

get your priorities straight imo

Erv

I don't care how good a rapper is. If they never been in a battle "on wax"then you can't just assume they'd come out victorious

big ander

UhhhHHHHhhhh. This is the best The Heart yet. goddamn. the beat switchup at 1:22 whew. the section with lines being trashed is awesome.

"you making 'em nervous the music is loud"

Erv

Precisely. That entire song is forgettable outside of the context of Kendrick's career

When that song came out people were talking about how that would revitalize hip-hop, and we were going to get some amazing diss tracks and sum other bullshit. All that came up was some irrelevant niggas not even mentioned on the song latching on to the hype like ticks and J. Cole literally crying on a Justin Timberlake guest spot
I never heard this. Thanks

big ander

should kendrick really be taking shots at rappers when the white house is the way that it is right now?

get your priorities straight imo

yo you dropped an "/s" on this right? cause this reaction to a song where he calls the president a chump and makes nonspecific callouts to other rappers (which every rapper does all the time) is nonsensical

Dre3001

I don't care how good a rapper is. If they never been in a battle "on wax"then you can't just assume they'd come out victorious

This is very true. The Drake and meek mill battle completely surprised me. I didn't think Drake could drop something as potent as Back to Back and meek mill who started as more of a mixtape rapper dropping the turd he did.

On topic though listening to this again and it could be Kendrick version of "charged up" where he is just directing shots and not aimed at anyone in particular.

Erv

This is very true. The Drake and meek mill battle completely surprised me. I didn't think Drake could drop something as potent as Back to Back and meek mill who started as more of a mixtape rapper dropping the turd he did.

On topic though listening to this again and it could be Kendrick version of "charged up" where he is just directing shots and not aimed at anyone in particular.
Yup and if you analyze back to back a lot of it is filler. And it's a pretty short track

Bronx-Man

Banned

That's 100% what "disses" are in rap these days. Just your average "Fuck you, I'm the GOAT" track that make dudes with no lives immediately decide to put on their detective caps to decipher the "true message". Something like this:

CsAdPYjUAAAVHa4.jpg

LionPride

Banned
That's 100% what "disses" are in rap these days. Just your average "Fuck you, I'm the GOAT" track that make dudes with no lives immediately decide to put on their detective caps to decipher the "true message". Something like this:

CsAdPYjUAAAVHa4.jpg
Let me have my fun damn it

This kinda shit used to be like 95% of a rapper's lyrical content for like 30+ straight years. Vague, indirect shots at anyone not them.

Also this track is fuckin good.

Sou Da

Is Nibel going to be okay? I know his heart strings are at this point literally tied across the Atlantic to Aubrey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom