• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured this would run the worst on PS4. I just had a hunch.

So if this runs better on XB1 can we finally start to talk about MS marketing deal shenanigans because this would make it 100%. The other games that ran better on XB1 all had marketing deals but anytime anyone brings it up they get a tinfoilhat.gif thrown in their face.

Tales from your ass, why would it run worst on the best species console? Because of 3rd party exclsuive marketing deal with MS?

If it runs bad about on PS4, expect the same or worse on X1, this is not the same scenario as 360 / PS3.

Starfield

I think a lot of people are missing the point here. The frame drops in that video, while annoying, weren't huge or game breaking or whatever. Thing is, though, he was doing abso-freakin'-lutely nothing when it happened. If the game can't handle walking around a corridor at 30fps how in the hell is it going to handle everything else? Gun fights? Explosions? If it runs like that combat'll be significantly less enjoyable and that's kind of a huge part of the game. If you can play shooters at sub 30fps then good for you but for a lot of people that's a headache waiting to happen.

It's really, really not that difficult to work out.

It may be some kind of weird bug since the people have reported that it only occurs inside buildings, never outside or during fights. Which is kinda strange considering it doesn't sound logical at all.

Yikes, well there's always Fallout 5 to improve things I guess.

Oh who am I kidding y'all are gonna blindly buy into the game anyway and they'll never improve their technology.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I didn't have any problems at all with the graphics, but having performance issues on top of that is just not acceptable.

kingwingin

Tales from your ass, why would it run worst on the best species console? Because of 3rd party exclsuive marketing deal with MS?

If it runs bad about on PS4, expect the same or worse on X1, this is not the same scenario as 360 / PS3.
Because X1 is possibly lead console with development and they did spend extra time porting skyrim to X1. We'll see In a few days

blackjaw

so are we at the point where "cool story bro" is a fine response
if you don't care about technical aspect of things ala framerate why bother even posting in here

I care plenty but sensational title on a game everyone's already been watching and commenting on in the not-OT is nothing but a "look at me" moment for OP which is perfect for the "cool story" vibe.

It may be some kind of weird bug since the people have reported that it only occurs inside buildings, never outside or during fights. Which is kinda strange considering it doesn't sound logical at all.

As I have stated in the OP, the frame rate drops are also in the open world, but they're pretty tolerable.

lefantome

So I got Fallout 4 yesterday and played like 5-6 hours of it already.

Game has massive problems holding the 30fps when inside buildings, cages or whatever you have a load time when you get in.

Here is a short video I recorded. (No Spoilers)

https://vid.me/5xBk

This get's way worse when people shoot at you or throw molotow cocktails.
I am no technical expert, but I think this game might be locking itself like The Witcher 3 did. Firefights in buildings feel exactly like fights in The Witcher 3 in the swamp when it's raining.
In the open world the game has hiccups too, but not as bad as in buildings.

This just isn't fun, when you can't even aim properly because of the frame rate :(

Edit:
Sorry, Day One, or Patch 1.01 is installed.

Edit2:
I want to add, that in firefights in buildings it affected my aiming and character movement. You may not see it perfectly fine in this video, which has also no firefight in it, but I could definitely feel it. Also, the part where I want to go through the hole in the wall, I couldn't move my character properly.

funnily is a problem I'm starting to experience frequently on Fallout New Vegas after 12 hours.

Normally is all maxed out at 60fps but when I enter even small buildings I see the fps drop a lot to 30 or even less for a while.
I bet it's loading.

Ryan_MSF

Is anyone surprised? It's a Bethesda console game. 30 with drops should be considered hoping for the best.

What kind of an attitude is this to have? It's a Bethesda console game, what did you expect?

Perhaps if Bethesda are so incompetent that they can't release a game that keeps a stable frame rate they shouldn't be releasing games on consoles in the first place.

But i also recall people yesterday saying they had played hours of the game on both consoles and had barely encountered any issues. Honestly it would kind of surprise me if the game's a ''mess'', first of all because for me Skyrim and Fallout 3 have never been a mess. I must have been lucky with it, cause only after the 100 hours mark did i encounter a issue here and there.

But because of several reasons i thought they would have a much more polished game this time around. You know...a world that isn't exactly bigger than Skyrim, and the fact that they have had plenty of time to squash bugs, cause after E3....it was pretty much finished, wasn't it?

dork

Banned
Figured this would run the worst on PS4. I just had a hunch.

So if this runs better on XB1 can we finally start to talk about MS marketing deal shenanigans because this would make it 100%. The other games that ran better on XB1 all had marketing deals but anytime anyone brings it up they get a tinfoilhat.gif thrown in their face.

It will be completely ignored if it runs better. I have a feeling it runs the same. Ill find out tuesday

Chinner

Banned
I didn't have any problems at all with the graphics, but having performance issues on top of that is just not acceptable.

Does frame-rate matter anyway? They're obviously playing on the wrong platform. They're just trying to get hits.

Servbot24

Banned
Don't see the issue in people reserving their money for something else because a game has performance issues. It's their money, let them spend it as they choose.
It's their money to spend has they please of course, but it sure seems like a shame to skip out on a potentially great game because of a few frames.

That defense force.

Hilarious.
I don't even like Fallout. It has way bigger flaws than its technical issues.

Starfield

As I have stated in the OP, the frame rate drops are also in the open world, but they're pretty tolerable.

Oh do they? Did not know that. All I heard was that it only occurs indoors.

Oh well 1 more day for steam unlock.

EDIT: Must be a loading related issue.

Wagram

The company will never learn I suppose :/

Though based on the video it doesn't look that bad. I would be more worried about the other technical issues that no doubt exists somewhere in that mess.

How can a game that looks that bad struggle with interiors on the PS4 @30fps?

At least when TW3 chugged, it was putting out some great visuals outside.

I have a feeling Bethesda is delivering a stinker and they know it.

Rajang

l41lYcYYdBGy4vwac.gif

These reactions

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Chinner

Banned
here's a video, i've recorder earlier today.

i just uploaded it, so youtube is still converting it, i think.

the framerate war fine until i used the scope, then it dropped significantly, making it hard to get a good shot.

https://youtu.be/aPAH3bFx3VE

Oh I see. Isn't it obvious? Bethesda has obviously lowered the frame-rate while scoped to represent the heart beat of the player. Bethesda remains unmatched when it comes to the little details.

MUnited83

For you.
Welcome to Bethesda, enjoy your stay.

Can't wait to see how terrible it becomes after a >50 hour save.

I dont care if you can't notice fine that's understandable, but saying "what do you expect its a bethseda game" oooo boy i hate that response
I mean
at this point
it's pretty much accurate.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Calling Creation Engine a new engine is like telling people you moved into a new house because you got new drapes.

I didn't know that and I was thinking of picking W3 up on PS4. Is it that bad?

I'm playing through it now for the very first time, all patches installed. It runs fine; no major technical hiccups as far as I can tell. Looks nice too for a game of its scope. I say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom