• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Fireblend

Banned
Alright, I'm all caught up. I re-read all of day 2 so far and I see it's been mostly dominated by Faddy and Fat4all with some Dr. Worm and Batsnacks sprinkled in there.

I'm not sold entirely on a Faddy vote but I think there's been enough discussion that it could help point us in the right direction if it ends up like that. What I'm driving at is that some people seem a little too invested on a Faddy lynch; what are the chances that both SexyFish and Fat4all saw Faddy's "support"/"humoring" of Lifeline as him using LL as a shield?
I think Lifeline was being used as Faddy's shield.

Of the people available, I'm not against a Faddy vote. I think his defense of Lifeline early on could have been used as a meat shield basically trying to prove himself to be town.

Couldn't stop thinking about the coincidence after reading those two posts, pretty close to each other. Feels like I missed part of the conversation with SF agreeing with Faddy and as a result makes SF's post seem like it was "workshopped" IMO and it's making me lean more towards those two as scum partners than faddy.

Then again there's some people also throwing halfhearted shade in Faddy's direction like AB which is I think a nice cozy spot for scum to hide in.

Another thing I'm curious about is Sorian's insistence on us doing a policy lynch + regular "suspicious player" lynch this round. Seems like an active scum team would benefit from this by lowering the chances of getting lynched and score an easy inactive lynch that ends up saving them some trouble. Just a thought that I thought was worth mentioning because I noticed him proposing them several times today.

Mazre's read list seemed pretty pointless. I think all of value was some shade towards Acohrs that Acohrs' replied to with a gif but led nowhere. NuDull, MickD and Penguin I just haven't noticed beyond a couple hellos here and there. CCS seems like they're a bit more on board and I have a more positive feel towards.

More thoughts soon-ish. I just spent like half my day reading those pages.

Fireblend

Banned
Oh and I find it interesting that nobody (except Flame, who this post was addressed to) caught or addressed this slip:

Do you agree with Faddy being the Scum kill? That sounds like a very contrived logic to me.

Not sure how that potentially fits with anything and R_F later was puzzled himself at how nobody caught it before but I've messed up names while playing as scum before so that jumped out at me :p

acohrs

Also, My Little Pony is awesome and I'll hear nothing bad about it, acohrs.

Hi CCS.

88ed4991634c496bd7fbf7733749b615ac51f887a438138fe4cdae4d7eaafe73.jpg

---

Flame_AC is to me at best neutral, as Terra was pretty scummy. Starsketch was just meh, so Starsketch and CCS I read as null.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Half of Faddy's scumlist is just people who are arguing w/ him

I don't really trust either Faddy or doggo, and given that most people seem to be arrayed against one or the other, I suggested lynching both as a compromise, because we can do that now

I don't know if that's violating any unwritten rules of good play ("too obvious" or w/e)

Faddy

Banned
]Half of Faddy's scumlist is just people who are arguing w/ him[/B]

I don't really trust either Faddy or doggo, and given that most people seem to be arrayed against one or the other, I suggested lynching both as a compromise, because we can do that now

I don't know if that's violating any unwritten rules of good play ("too obvious" or w/e)

There are 4 people on it. One is Fat4All who I called out as scum, obviously he is on the list. The second one is AbsolutBro who is making garbage arguments based off extremely early play.

Tell me why Fat isn't scum?
Am I wrong about AB?

Why are you so keen to see me and Fat lynched?

Timeaisis

Faddy seems to only engage with people who are arguing with him.

I'm not sure if lynching both Faddy and Fat4all is the solution here, though. Although if the votes fall that way, sure. Trying to engineer this double vote sounds like a terrible idea, to me. It's too easy for scum to sabotage. I'm for letting the votes fall where they lie and see what flips.

Faddy

Banned

I'm not sure if lynching both Faddy and Fat4all is the solution here, though. Although if the votes fall that way, sure. Trying to engineer this double vote sounds like a terrible idea, to me. It's too easy for scum to sabotage. I'm for letting the votes fall where they lie and see what flips.

I'm pretty sure I have engaged with the most people. There are a few inactives I haven't hit up but otherwise I don't think I ignore anyone.

One day 1 I was getting hit for being over aggressive and now you want to argue I'm being selective.

SexyFish

Banned

Would we not want the top two to be agreed upon for the most part? That way we wouldn't worry about last minute votes tying for second and ruining our opportunity for a double lynch.

Flame_AC

Sorry y'all, went to sleep and got to studyin for exams. Catching up on the last couple pages.

No one wants to hop on the single lynch train with me?

CCS

Banned
Can we talk about MickD guys?

Anyone who hasn't posted except for while drunk in almost two days of play is either scum or so useless to town that we may as well get the lynch out of the way on a day with two lynches.

SexyFish

Banned
Can we talk about MickD guys?

Anyone who hasn't posted except for while drunk in almost two days of play is either scum or so useless to town that we may as well get the lynch out of the way on a day with two lynches.

Yeah, I assumed maybe he was lurking but he never said anything about my vote for him. I unvoted, but I'm pretty sure he should be the second lynch at this point. Seemingly useless.

Flame_AC

I think the MickD lynch doesn't help anyone.

What information is it possibly going to give us? Everyone here is probably fine with having him killed / swapped out, so why not just wait for a potential switch out or let the scum deal with it? If we're going to be doing the double lynch, then I'd rather us at least get some useful information out of it.

Verelios

Yeah, I assumed maybe he was lurking but he never said anything about my vote for him. I unvoted, but I'm pretty sure he should be the second lynch at this point. Seemingly useless.
The problem is that he's likely to get switched out unless he goes on another drunken 10 post tirade today, at which point yeah, I'd have no problem voting him.

So, I took a look at the people I don't even remember being in this day phase (and have been here since the beginning of the day):
Fireblend 3, Lone_Prodigy 1, Mazre 4, MickD 0, Nudull 6, Penguin 5, SexyFish 14, Timeaisis 2, Zippedpinhead 7

Fireblend: Interesting point (I don't really agree with) + Elaboration. Half decent post with few hard stances but at least shows he plays the game. Temporary pass.

Lone_Prodigy: Nothing? Come on, that's weak, even for you.

Mazre: Apart from what has to be the most useless readslist I've seen in quite some time, there were basically two other points made: Worm is Scum and with even distribution of Scum we should go after the smaller group of people because it's easier to find Scum there (which I, just for reference, think is pretty much nonsense). Useless person or Scum.

MickD: lol

Nudull: Only one remotely interesting post where he's throwing very very mild shde on Faddy and Mazre while leaning slightly Town on fat4all. Useless person or Scum.

Penguin: Suspicious of Batsnacks and some entry level general theory about Scum play. Probably gets a Newbie-pass for now. Step it up, buddy!

SexyFish: Mainly complaining about inactivity. MickD prodding. Some very save stances. Rather soft stance against Faddy. Something loosely resembling a discussion with batsnacks. Need more substance of you.

Timeasis: Decent reads list and smart observation (though I didn't check if it's actually true, too busy writing this post, will post an addendum later). Needs more activity, but gets a pass.

Zippedpinhead: Blabla. Bla. Harmless question. Defense. Very short argument with batsnacks. Blabla. Suspicion on Faddy, later vote. Probably Scum? Not sure, since Zipped always looks kind of scummy.

Timeaisis

I'm pretty sure I have engaged with the most people. There are a few inactives I haven't hit up but otherwise I don't think I ignore anyone.

One day 1 I was getting hit for being over aggressive and now you want to argue I'm being selective.

Yes, yes. I may have exaggerated a little. I think the fact that you keep going back and forth with Fat4all and then continue to engage with people surrounding that scenario just paints that picture in my head. I'm not accusing you of being scum, just that that's the impression I'm getting with you.

Would we not want the top two to be agreed upon for the most part? That way we wouldn't worry about last minute votes tying for second and ruining our opportunity for a double lynch.

I don't think there's any "agreed upon". We will always have last minute votes and tying and untying vying for second place. Whatever happens, two lynches with two seperate trains should (in theory) be quite helpful. The most we can do is try to make certain we don't have a no lynch.

btw, this "CCS is Scum because Star couldn't withstand the pressure" argument is probably the most disgusting and unfair thing I've ever encountered in Gafia. Problem is that it's true. Now, I refuse to vote CCS for that (and I hope everyone else does too), but I have to admit, he might have to work a bit harder for those Townie points.

batsnacks

btw, this "CCS is Scum because Star couldn't withstand the pressure" argument is probably the most disgusting and unfair thing I've ever encountered in Gafia. Problem is that it's true. Now, I refuse to vote CCS for that (and I hope everyone else does too), but I have to admit, he might have to work a bit harder for those Townie points.
it's not very different from "terra/flame is town because ragequit/self vote" or any other meta speculation

Faddy

Banned
Yes, yes. I may have exaggerated a little. I think the fact that you keep going back and forth with Fat4all and then continue to engage with people surrounding that scenario just paints that picture in my head. I'm not accusing you of being scum, just that that's the impression I'm getting with you.

I don't think there's any "agreed upon". We will always have last minute votes and tying and untying vying for second place. Whatever happens, two lynches with two seperate trains should (in theory) be quite helpful. The most we can do is try to make certain we don't have a no lynch.

What other issues are there to talk about? Lynching MickD, sure hitting an inactive could be a good plan for the day, organising it is another matter since people will still be fighting over the 2nd lynch.

Fireblend

Banned
it's not very different from "terra/flame is town because ragequit/self vote" or any other meta speculation

Both views are garbage imo. Coming soon to gafia: Replacement gambits. Blegh.

Feels kinda defeatist. As I said my money is on Fat4all (and possibly SexyFish by association) being the scum between those 2. 1 town for 1 scum is still a good deal though.

SexyFish

Banned
i am feeling I need to hand hold people wrt SexyFish being outed mafia. I am reading people's thoughts on SexyFish and this is getting missed:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=234838429
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=234838429

I can walk through again why SexyFish is basically 100% for sure mafia
It's a nice read, and I admit it looks bad, but you're wrong. The MickD vote wasn't a deflection it was just something for me to feel productive, which admittedly led to nothing. I felt off about Worm since his initial vote for me and after Sorian's day 1 feelings on him. I don't really see Worm going down today.

Honestly have no idea why you need me lynched, just shoot me, pal 🤠.

Fireblend

Banned
Also lol @ the idea that we'll all amicably agree to which two players will be lynched. Specially if we pretend that one of those will be MickD or some other policy lynch. How are we going to set that up? Who'll volunteer votes they could use on their scum targets to lynch an inactive instead?

Flame_AC

We're at 3 for Faddy in first place, SexyFish is in second with 2 votes by my count.

I wouldn't mind you reiterating your argument Batsnacks.

Fat4all

Banned
Yeah, I'd like some more on your SF 100% scum theory as well, bats. From the outset it looks to be mostly wobbles from inexperience.

Faddy

Banned
It's a nice read, and I admit it looks bad, but you're wrong. The MickD vote wasn't a deflection it was just something for me to feel productive, which admittedly led to nothing. I felt off about Worm since his initial vote for me and after Sorian's day 1 feelings on him. I don't really see Worm going down today.

Honestly have no idea why you need me lynched, just shoot me, pal 🤠.

Why don't you see Worm going down today. There is going to be a double lynch and while I might be a frontrunner I won't be going quietly. Plenty of the day phase left.

What did you think of Natiko's read on Worm?

Timeaisis

Also, note that Sexy Fish is a new player. And new players tend to bandwagon to contribute, even when it's not something they feel strongly for or against.

Regardless, that exchange you posted bats is very suspect in any case. It looks like he's looking for a quick lynch, any just about anybody will do. I wouldn't go so far as calling him "100% scum", but I think that'd be a fair lynch. Faddy/Sexy Fish might be an OK double lynch. I don't think we learn a whole lot with a Sexy Fish lynch, though.

Fireblend

Banned
Also, note that Sexy Fish is a new player. And new players tend to bandwagon to contribute, even when it's not something they feel strongly for or against.

Regardless, that exchange you posted bats is very suspect in any case. It looks like he's looking for a quick lynch, any just about anybody will do. I wouldn't go so far as calling him "100% scum", but I think that'd be a fair lynch. Faddy/Sexy Fish might be an OK double lynch. I don't think we learn a whole lot with a Sexy Fish lynch, though.

What do you think about what I said about SexyFish' language being a bit too similar to Fat4all's at the top of this page? Coincidence?

Timeaisis

What do you think about what I said about SexyFish' language being a bit too similar to Fat4all's at the top of this page? Coincidence?

That is very interesting. I could see them trying to fall in line if they are on a team, or SF playing follow the leader off a player he agrees with as a legit new town? I do not think it's a coincidence.

batsnacks

SexyFish goes from never mentioning Dr. Worm once in the game, to "would hop on a worm train."

Then SexyFish tries to justify this AFTER THE FACT, as in after he realized he made a mistake.

Why does SexyFish think Dr. Worm is mafia?
I had a feeling about Worm since his vote for me, although it seems to have fell through since Kalor died.

This is the vote SexyFish is referring to, it is from very early on day 1:
I'm going ziplining tomorrow and probably won't post a ton, but for right now I'm really feeling

VOTE: SexyFish

Then SexyFish tries to divert to MickD. Does anyone else think trying to engage MickD is a productive use of time? SexyFish chooses to divert to MickD because he knows MickD probably isn't around.

batsnacks

I thought he was town at first, then I was giving him a hard time and some of his exchange with fat4all was suspicious but sexyfish and zipped have been #1 and #2 for today.

acohrs

Wait I've confused myself now... does me thinking neither are scum mean I agree or disagree with worms statement? Brain not working so well rn

Fireblend

Banned
Me, pretty sure I've listed several times that Faddy is town. Fat4all, I lean town on but I'm not as certain as I haven't played with him as much before

So you think they're just 2 townies going at each other because of misplaced suspicions? Any thoughts on my post at the top of the page? Thoughts on SF?

Dr. Worm

Banned
Wait I've confused myself now... does me thinking neither are scum mean I agree or disagree with worms statement? Brain not working so well rn
It seemed to me like most people thought one or the other was scum; I'm just asking.

I believe it's 50/50 odds of being either one scum or no scum among two living random players

Faddy

Banned
It seemed to me like most people thought one or the other was scum; I'm just asking.

I believe it's 50/50 odds of being either one scum or no scum among two living random players

You have been pushing this agenda all day that only me or fat is a viable lynch. You are clearly trying to shut down discussion on other targets.

VOTE: Dr. Worm

There you go SexyFish, still think Worm can't be lynched today?

Penguin

Hmm most curious development on this page, I'm becoming to come around on Faddy.

But feel like between Bats, Faddy and Dr. Worms one of them is playing a most sinister game.

Fireblend

Banned
Hmm most curious development on this page, I'm becoming to come around on Faddy.

But feel like between Bats, Faddy and Dr. Worms one of them is playing a most sinister game.

Mind elaborating why those 3? Specially bats, I haven't noticed much suspicion thrown his way today.

CCS

Banned
I'm not certain that one of Fat and Faddy are scum, but I suspect them both so I think it's likely there's scum there.

Top Bottom