• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
They really need to implement a better way to equip units because I have to constantly switch out between one shot/special purpose setup and AA/chain challenge setup. It's been many times that I got into oh-shit situation because I forgot to switch it back.
I have a few units that have both Swap and Drag Back, and I switch between those two skills depending on how I'm using those units.

It has gotten me killed a lot lol.

Forget this summer banner--well, keeping in mind I already got Summer Corrin. After a 5* dry spell a weak boon/bane 5* Camilla showed up instead of Summer Elise (only wanted for g-tome valor at this point). Enough of that, would rather Julia anyway. Silver lining though, that was my second Camilla, so time to go to Cherche...

cherchebravefjl5s.jpg

And first 3000 hm goes to...

Akuun

What are you people doing with Blarblade S.Corrin? I put Darting Blow on mine with Desperation, but now I'm considering Fury.

Mupod

What are you people doing with Blarblade S.Corrin? I put Darting Blow on mine with Desperation, but now I'm considering Fury.

I mentioned it a few posts ago, but you can't go wrong with fury/desperation. Mine isn't +SPD so maybe I'll run darting for a while until I get my hands on Hone Fliers. I have -atk +def though so Fury is my #1 choice. There's Swift Sparrow for rich people I guess.

I also want Iote's Shield for PVE content as I want my flier team as an alternative to cavalry. For example, that one map where your team gets split up across a mountain range and has to defend is death to my cavalry blade tome team, but fliers would laugh at it. However, I don't see it being terribly useful in arena, as 99.9% of archers you encounter are L&D Bridelias or Kleins with brave bows. You're just as dead if you get hit by that with iote's shield as not.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member

Yeah just a standard Fury and Desperation build for me. Mine is +Atk/-Spd, so Darting blow would really only help her to double Reds that she can already one-shot.

Forgot I still had Bowbreaker on Rein (from Legion Infernal) when doing TT, but it saved my butt because he didn't get doubled by Faye in the last stage after I forgot about WoM.

Akuun

Yeah just a standard Fury and Desperation build for me. Mine is +Atk/-Spd, so Darting blow would really only help her to double Reds that she can already one-shot.
True. Mine's +atk too, so she probably already blows up reds.

I mentioned it a few posts ago, but you can't go wrong with fury/desperation. Mine isn't +SPD so maybe I'll run darting for a while until I get my hands on Hone Fliers. I have -atk +def though so Fury is my #1 choice. There's Swift Sparrow for rich people I guess.

I also want Iote's Shield for PVE content as I want my flier team as an alternative to cavalry. For example, that one map where your team gets split up across a mountain range and has to defend is death to my cavalry blade tome team, but fliers would laugh at it. However, I don't see it being terribly useful in arena, as 99.9% of archers you encounter are L&D Bridelias or Kleins with brave bows. You're just as dead if you get hit by that with iote's shield as not.
Lol I'm totally not rich. The reason why she had Darting Blow in the first place was because I'm short on Hinatas but drowning in Florinas.

I agree about the Iote's Shield thing. I have Iote's on Palla, but you're right in that I wouldn't put *anyone* in front of Bridelia anyway, so what's the point of Iote's Shield? I swapped it for Atk 3.

I might go on the same logic for Minerva and stop trying to build her to tank Reinhardt. With flier mobility, it should be easier to back off and engage Rein on my own terms anyway.

Wichu

So I decided to throw a few orbs away for fun, and this happened.

Summer Elise on the first summon, after Summer Corrin on the second summon when the banner first went up. +Atk/-Res again.

Why couldn't I have gotten this luck on the Hero Fest banner? :(

EDIT: Other stones had +Atk/-HP Frederick, +Atk/-HP Nino, +Def/-Res Lukas, and +Atk/-HP Raigh. A convenient Gronnblade for Elise then.

lt519

Got my standard 4780 AA, might try later this week to get higher using a stacked starting squad. It usually takes me a few tries because I try and go as weak as possible the first three rounds and then I start stacking up my big guns. This time won Round two with 4* Legion, 4* Subaki, 4* Abel and Maria haha.

I've been starting each run with Hinoka+2, Camilla, Jaffar, and Roy+1. Going to sub Jaffar for Nowi.

My hero merit list explains why I have a ton of 5*s with no SP. Just haven't had the motivation to even send them into TT for SP. Anyone else have a healer with that much HM? (Nvm I see the Bridal Lyn above). Capped out at 2000 that first Tempest Trials. +ATK Wrathful Staff Lachesis is awesome for TT and CC. The real MVP.

Has anyone done the chapter 11 chain challenge map where you have your team split up by mountains? How are you supposed to manage that without losing units? Best I've done was lose one but I had no healer for the rest of the maps

Has anyone done the chapter 11 chain challenge map where you have your team split up by mountains? How are you supposed to manage that without losing units? Best I've done was lose one but I had no healer for the rest of the maps

I ran two infantry and two fliers and had the fliers reposition units back and forth over the mountain. I did that chain challenge so much, glad it's done. The new paralogue one was a piece of cake in comparison.

lt519

Certainly not as part of the 10 map challenge, I haven't even attempted that yet. I did it with horse emblem with some luck, Rein and Xander on the right and Titania and Camus on the left. Good part is if you survive with 4 the next map you can sit at the start and use renewal and reciprocal aid to heal entirely back up. But even then Horse Emblem doesn't fare well in the final map. I need a whole new strategy for the 10 map challenge. Not worth the 4 orbs right now haha. I still have to do everything on normal and hard for the feathers.

Oh, are we posting Hero Merit?

Can I have your Hector if you aren't using him...?

Alucrid

Banned
no tana or green loli armor girl for me. a -hp/+atk julia broke my pity rate. guess i'll merge my -spd +res julia into her though.

time to save orbs

c-murph

Anything worth getting in the temptest trial? This is the first one I've attempted and made it to 12,000 = Breath of Life. Are any of the other rewards worth it? I'm only getting 440pt per 5 rounds.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Anything worth getting in the temptest trial? This is the first one I've attempted and made it to 12,000 = Breath of Life. Are any of the other rewards worth it? I'm only getting 440pt per 5 rounds.
Everything is worth, what else are you going to spend stamina on?

Sushen

I love how dependable my horse team became. In AA, they're always the last team to finish the 7 win streak. In chain challenge always between this team and Bridelia+Nino team.

Once I have a proper flier team one day, my life will complete. :)

Sushen

I got a sudden urge to pull because I felt like I was going to pull S!Elise somehow. Barst jumped out and smack me in the head to bring senses to my foolish mind. Oh well, at least, I have a reposition...

Might as well post my hero merit page as well

Most surprising thing is Sharena being so high. I barely remember using her all that much. Celica was all from this Tempest Trial. Delthea I've only had for a week now which is crazy.

lt519

My Hero Merit list doesn't do justice to my Roy/Robin/Sophia/Subaki team that carried me through the first month. What a different game that was..

Firemind

God the valter map is such bullshit with infantry only. Can't manoeuver around shit while you get picked off by mages, archers and fliers, while getting penalties from valter.

The game is so lopsided towards cavalry right now I'm starting to hate the game.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
God the valter map is such bullshit with infantry only. Can't manoeuver around shit while you get picked off by mages, archers and fliers, while getting penalties from valter.

The game is so lopsided towards cavalry right now I'm starting to hate the game.
Quit then.

Finally beat infernal with Azura, Linde, Brave Bow Summer Gaius and (-spd) Bridelia. Had to inherit and make use of spur attack because of gaius' atk not being high enough to oneshot Valter.

The turn limit maps don't really have inflated stats. 12 free orbs for all!

I lol'd at Anna recommending a flier or horse team. Get rekt infantry

The Turn Limit maps were fun. Didn't listen to Anna's advice and beat them all with majority Infantry units. (Only used one horsey, Frederick.)

Finally saved over 200 orbs again. Feels good.

champloo

Just managed to win against a 700 points flier team. First time dipping into 700+, and that was some intense stuff. Dude has a +10 Firesweep Est as the lead.. anyway, Tana+Hector carried me through, and I can confirm Guidance is broken

redcrayon

The Turn Limit maps were fun. Didn't listen to Anna's advice and beat them all with majority Infantry units. (Only used one horsey, Frederick.)

Finally saved over 200 orbs again. Feels good.
Any rough tips for the one with all the armour units on defence tiles? Heavy magic? I'm struggling a bit to beat them in the time limit with four survivors.

Spent the whole day trying to beat Squad Assault 2. Was going through so much hell, and I just used a Horse Team to beat that last damn map.

I haven't promoted my +ATK Reinhardt yet, but Blade Tome Ursula, QR Xander, Raven Cecilia, and Clarine did just fine. It's budget but very effective.

I can focus on these Turn Limit maps, and take it pretty slow. I passed 99K for TT, and I only did it for the Stamina Potions and Crystals this week. I leveled up Berkut and Clive to 40 extremely quickly, but I'm not promoting the former.

I'm at 85 Orbs (97 after the maps), so I'm slowly getting it all back. I may skip Choose Your Legends if they are just another batch of infantry melee Heroes.

Sölf

Innes Hell is over. Got a -SPD/+RES one. It's okay...? With +RES he at least can be an even better mage tank, even if -SPD is really not that great.

Well, whatever. I can finally hoard again. Currently down to 6 orbs, can still get 6 orbs from the hard turn limit maps. Tempest Trial I am at 50k points. Will try to get to 60k, but not sure if I will manage that today and tomorrow.

Any rough tips for the one with all the armour units on defence tiles? Heavy magic? I'm struggling a bit to beat them in the time limit with four survivors.
I let Ryoma tank Niles, Hector and Sanaki from the bottom right and middle right defence tiles while a healer with Physic healed him from the other side of the wall, assisted by a Dancer. Once Effie was vulnerable, I had Frederick dash in and KO her. Then Ryoma finished off Sheena.

redcrayon

I let Ryoma tank Niles, Hector and Sanaki from the bottom right and middle right defence tiles while a healer with Physic healed him from the other side of the wall, assisted by a Dancer. Once Effie was vulnerable, I had Frederick dash in and KO her. Then Ryoma finished off Sheena.
Excellent, thanks! Yeah, it's all about exploiting the AI tendency to use support abilities like pivot rather than optimal moves. I only upgraded Fred yesterday, he's already earned his keep with his mallet.

redcrayon

Surely the point of a strategy game is to encourage various tactics depending on the situation? Infantry and armour are vulnerable to mages and fliers on maps with bridges, obstacles etc, but then fliers suffer on maps vs archers and cavalry suffer on heavily wooded maps too. While the cavalry stat penalty is offset by cavalry buffs, making a strong cavalry team stronger than the equivalent infantry one on open ground and more manouverable too, Infantry not being able to handle everything isn't a flaw when they have the largest variety of units including dancers and archers. Besides, dancers/archers seems like a viable setup on that map considering how many fliers are in play.

I finally pulled Summer Corrin with the turn limit orbs.

My flier team will be at full power very soon. Feels good.

My orb stash isn't looking so good though XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom