• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what should I put my lens on? Does it even matter? Was thinking about putting it on my frost prime since I know I'll never get rid of it. It's Vazarin btw.

Oh, and what are they even for? lol I read some stuff but still don't understand...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So what should I put my lens on? Does it even matter? Was thinking about putting it on my frost prime since I know I'll never get rid of it. It's Vazarin btw.

Oh, and what are they even for? lol I read some stuff but still don't understand...

I just put mine on the warframe I use the most.

The lens takes a small percentage of the affinity that you would have earned and gives it to you as focus points. It only works on level 30 equipment, and if you forma the equipment you have to get it back up to 30 before it gives you focus points again.

You use these focus points to unlock perks related to your focus school. For example, my school has a passive that regenerates energy throughout the mission. These passives only work once you turn them on in-mission by using your focus ability (hold down 5 by default, assuming you're on PC).

Once you have a lens equipped, you're also going to see yellow orbs start showing up in missions. If you pick them up, they give you extra focus points for a bit.

I just put mine on the warframe I use the most.

The lens takes a small percentage of the affinity that you would have earned and gives it to you as focus points. It only works on level 30 equipment, and if you forma the equipment you have to get it back up to 30 before it gives you focus points again.

You use these focus points to unlock perks related to your focus school. For example, my school has a passive that regenerates energy throughout the mission. These passives only work once you turn them on in-mission by using your focus ability (hold down 5 by default, assuming you're on PC).

Once you have a lens equipped, you're also going to see yellow orbs start showing up in missions. If you pick them up, they give you extra focus points for a bit.

Huh, guess I'll just put it on my frost then...

Man, trying to find people for Derelict missions is like pulling teeth. Trying to farm for Nekros Prime Neo N7 relics but don't want to do the survival missions alone. I have the chassis and neuroptics, now I just need the systems and blueprints.

After over 150 hours I am so ready to build my first Prime gat dangit.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm trying to figure out when I should start attempting sorties. Not sure if my gear is good enough.

Huh, guess I'll just put it on my frost then...

Man, trying to find people for Derelict missions is like pulling teeth. Trying to farm for Nekros Prime Neo N7 relics but don't want to do the survival missions alone. I have the chassis and neuroptics, now I just need the systems and blueprints.

After over 150 hours I am so ready to build my first Prime gat dangit.

Its easier to do Excavations to get those, you also get axi relics also.

I would recommend Hieracon, Pluto since you tend to have a group of people on that node

I'm trying to figure out when I should start attempting sorties. Not sure if my gear is good enough.

If you can access it i say try it out with a group and by bringing your strongest weapons (with your current best mods) and see how you fare. If the worse comes your team should be able to carry you.

VandalD

Only way to know if you're ready, besides posting your best weapons and your mod setups here for us to comment on, is to just go in and try it yourself. If nothing else, there's usually someone around who can carry you through. Don't be scared to give it a shot. If you can't comfortably kill enemies on Sedna or Pluto, you may want to find someone to help you through.

I just youtubed the Second Dream and War Within quests.

Looks like this game's story gets pretty interesting.

It's a shame I can't see that stuff for myself though.

The game almost bricked my PC again tonight.

I think it's about time that I accept that I can't play anymore unless I want to risk losing my PC.

Good luck to everyone.

My time with the game was short but it was fun.

Oh man. It took all night but I did it. Several excavations, radshares and argon hunts later and I got all of Nek Primes' parts in the oven.

Tomorrow I'll put his frame in and then the three day wait begins...

I feel like I've accomplished something.

ViviOggi

Oh man. It took all night but I did it. Several excavations, radshares and argon hunts later and I got all of Nek Primes' parts in the oven.

Hope you won't be disappointed by Nekros like I was my dude

In any case I suggest you work on snatching a Trinity Prime next, the parts are pretty easy to get and she's super valuable especially in higher level missions
I think she's also being vaulted soon?

VandalD

In any case I suggest you work on snatching a Trinity Prime next, the parts are pretty easy to get and she's super valuable especially in higher level missions
Yep, Trinity Prime is being vaulted next week, along with Dual Kamas Prime and Kavasa Prime dog collar. Get Trinity Prime while you can. Get Dual Kamas Prime if you really care about your mastery rank. Get Kavasa Prime collar if you're bored I suppose, or just really like dogs.

Hey guys, I'm new to the game and mastery rank 11. I have a few friends that I started a clan with, but they don't play much. Is there a way for me to be able to play with members of the gaf clan as well? would really like to run some vaults.

I just youtubed the Second Dream and War Within quests.

Looks like this game's story gets pretty interesting.

It's a shame I can't see that stuff for myself though.

The game almost bricked my PC again tonight.

I think it's about time that I accept that I can't play anymore unless I want to risk losing my PC.

Good luck to everyone.

My time with the game was short but it was fun.

That's very unfortunate :(

Sorry to see a fellow player go.

Congrats man :D

Hope you won't be disappointed by Nekros like I was my dude

I think Nekros is alright but i just mainly see him as a farming frame and the quality of life changes he got some time ago makes that even better to do (desecrate working automatically now provided you have energy). He's the guy you go to if you want another shot at the drop tables lol.

Also agree on trying to get Trinity prime since she's THE healing frame in this game and her prime is about to be vaulted.

Hey guys, I'm new to the game and mastery rank 11. I have a few friends that I started a clan with, but they don't play much. Is there a way for me to be able to play with members of the gaf clan as well? would really like to run some vaults.

You can do it in a bunch of ways iirc:

Add some GAF members on your warframe friend list
Get on the Discord chat channel and talk to members so they can invite you go games, etc
Become an alliance with the GAF Clan and that will give you access to each other's members.
Leave your clan and join GAFs

Nekros is actually reasonably tanky with shield of shadows + health conversion and he's one of the few warframes that it's ok to run two augments on. I go Despoil/Shield when farming and Soul Survivor/Shield when doing long missions. That instant revive works wonders, although now I'm seeing a lot more players just burn their revives with the kill button DE just put in.

ViviOggi

I think Nekros is alright but i just mainly see him as a farming frame and the quality of life changes he got some time ago makes that even better to do (desecrate working automatically now provided you have energy). He's the guy you go to if you want another shot at the drop tables lol.
Yeah he's certainly good to have thanks to Desecrate, I was just expecting his other abilities to be more interesting and/or useful

Can't even imagine the pain of playing him pre-patch

So I got Red Veil to exalted and it cost me Trinity prime chasis. Looking at Steel Meridain which I have close to max it needs Trinity prime neuroptics.

Will that change when Trinity prime is vaulted or should I farm a neuroptics bp now?

Yeah he's certainly good to have thanks to Desecrate, I was just expecting his other abilities to be more interesting and/or useful

Nektos makes for a decently tanky frame if you use his augment mods along with equilibrium and health conversion. It combines to give a constant stream of health and energy along much higher armor.

So I got Red Veil to exalted and it cost me Trinity prime chasis. Looking at Steel Meridain which I have close to max it needs Trinity prime neuroptics.

Will that change when Trinity prime is vaulted or should I farm a neuroptics bp now?
It always changes upon vaulting.

Nekros is actually reasonably tanky with shield of shadows + health conversion and he's one of the few warframes that it's ok to run two augments on. I go Despoil/Shield when farming and Soul Survivor/Shield when doing long missions. That instant revive works wonders, although now I'm seeing a lot more players just burn their revives with the kill button DE just put in.

Yea that instant revive is pretty good

@ bold: I have been guilty of doing this a few times. need to refrain

Was just kill, pressing 3, press 2 if a bunch are ganging up on you then rinse and repeat. Also having natural talent equipped was recommended.

Nektos makes for a decently tanky frame if you use his augment mods along with equilibrium and health conversion. It combines to give a constant stream of health and energy along much higher armor.

And desecrate will usually drop health orbs more than anything else.

It will change when she's vaulted.

He used to be hide in a corner/high spot and press 3 for the whole match.

His other abilities are? 1 is an ultra reliable instant knockdown, 2 shreds off armor and takes direct fire off of you, and 4 diverts attention and, with the recent change, can summon Eximus units for your side which will usually mean adding huge elemental damage and useful elemental auras.

You can do it in a bunch of ways iirc:

Add some GAF members on your warframe friend list
Get on the Discord chat channel and talk to members so they can invite you go games, etc
Become an alliance with the GAF Clan and that will give you access to each other's members.
Leave your clan and join GAFs

Okay thanks, is there a gaf clan specific discord? I only see the giantbomb one.
My in game name is Quzar if anyone wants to add me.

goblin

I still have the old Desecrate AHK script that I used to use for long Void Survivals. What a terribly designed ability; I was so glad to see that they changed it to free up Nekros players from being shackled to their 3 keys.

I debated dropping Soul Survivor with the new revive change, but punching people back to life from across the room is too fun.

I still have the old Desecrate AHK script that I used to use for long Void Survivals. What a terribly designed ability; I was so glad to see that they changed it to free up Nekros players from being shackled to their 3 keys.

I debated dropping Soul Survivor with the new revive change, but punching people back to life from across the room is too fun.

Plus you save their revive.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
That's more likely gonna change once shes vaulted, especially if it takes a while until she's unsealed.

Ehh I feel like there might be a bit of a spike once she's vaulted but it'll settle down and at worst she'll be sold for like 65p. I feel like everyone has at least 4 full trinity prime sets lol I know I do without even trying.

So yesterday I put my first prime in the oven, Nek.

Today I put Trinity's parts in the oven and tomorrow I'll put her together and throw her in as well.

I don't know what is happening to me.

Naite

I keep them on my lesser used warframes like Nezha and Mirage so that if they ever put something in the game that needs it, I have a stock of them.
I think i heard that you could get it back if they do something else with it. Even if that isnt true, I couldn't deal with it messing with my fashion frame.

Haven't paid attention to it before but there's a lot more ppl that keep their fully grown cyst than I imagined.

I just removed it from 3 frames recently since i'm not a fan of the thing.

Their are more frames that haven't taken the vaccine so i might just allow 1 or 2 to have one just in case.

Ehh I feel like there might be a bit of a spike once she's vaulted but it'll settle down and at worst she'll be sold for like 65p. I feel like everyone has at least 4 full trinity prime sets lol I know I do without even trying.

Not saying it will do instant gangbusters but it should increase at least.

Strider

Are aura mod alerts just super rare or is it because I haven't unlocked all the planets yet I don't receive all of the alerts (I'm up to Neptune)?

Kinda annoying certain items can only drop from alert missions... I'm sure the day I finally get an alert award like Energy Siphon or Steel Charge I'm not around to actually play

Are aura mod alerts just super rare or is it because I haven't unlocked all the planets yet I don't receive all of the alerts (I'm up to Neptune)?

Kinda annoying certain items can only drop from alert missions... I'm sure the day I finally get an alert award like Energy Siphon or Steel Charge I'm not around to actually play

Just rare due to the other rewards that can be given..

Everyone sees the alerts its just that it might be on a node that they haven't unlocked yet. If such a scenario occurs you can ask someone who has the alert to taxi you there (i.e whoever invites you to the squad first and goes to the node in question).

An easier way to get them is to trade them for other resources and/or plat.

Strider

Just rare due to the other rewards that can be given..

Everyone sees the alerts its just that it might be on a node that they haven't unlocked yet. If such a scenario occurs you can ask someone who has the alert to taxi you there (i.e whoever invites you to the squad first and goes to the node in question)

OK cool. Thanks for the info.

---

Progress has been good so far for me tho. I've completed Second Dream now and I'm almost MR7.

Slightly addicted atm lol

Rafy

I finally passed my Mastery Rank 9 Test!!! It took me a couple of weeks, but God bless the glaive!!!

Holy shit what a relief.

EDIT: I leveled up so much shit those 2 weeks I am almost at the MR 10 test, lol

I think i heard that you could get it back if they do something else with it. Even if that isnt true, I couldn't deal with it messing with my fashion frame.

They were planning on that, but haven't added it yet. Like I said I don't use those frames so they're basically just sitting in a tube somewhere being a host for this thing.

Wow, good accessories this time.

They knocked the Prime design on all of these out of the park. Wonder what the grind is going to be like.

Just got a Lenz riven. My luck is scaring me right now.

298210062445445130.png

Might have to reinstall this sooner than later. What's the current game size if anyone can tell me. Hydroid Prime is a really big tempting factor. He was my second favorite frame to play next to Saryn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom