• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

ShadyK54

Great second part of the Retrospective. Really happy for Brad & his work on the script and such.

Pre group stream tidbits via live Cup of Jones (gonna spoiler just in case):
Patron tiers/rewards revamp to be discussed. Also, new announcements I think.

I went back and watched some of the old Easy Updates I hadn't seen. The 40 minute uncut drive to Fat Burger was way more interesting than it had any right to be.

ToonLink

I only caught the second half of Cup of Jones, but I really enjoyed it. It seems like this format is far less stressful for Jones, so hopefully they can happen more regularly now.

Axass

Cup of Jones stuff:

-
Community Comments being changed.
-
Announcements in the group stream.
-
Jones is awesome, as usual.
-
We probably won't be big fans of some of the changes.

Said he hates they have to go back on something they promised, so I think one of the long and hard to produce shows is getting the axe. Retros? Game Sleuth (probably)?

By the way, the format works IMO, not so different from the usual CoJ and saves Brandon lots of time. If he can keep it weekly in this current format, we have a winner.

Hasney

-
Community Comments being changed.

Said he hates they have to go back on something they promised, so I think one of the long and hard to produce shows is getting the axe. Retros? Game Sleuth (probably)?

Those two are linked I think. It ain't Game Sleuth, there's a new one coming up.

CyReN

Loved the new format of Cup of Jones, excited to see what they do tonight. I've been a $5 pledge for awhile, may bump it up if the new stuff is interesting. Never was a fan of community comments myself.

Hasney

It would be weird if it was that though, almost everyone told them they don't care about Community Comments, so it would be no biggie.

I don't know what else it could be. They've been promoting a new Game Sleuth, they wouldn't mention it now if it was Retros with one in progress, if you're saying it's harder to produce, it won't be the podcasts or Tabletop... So I guess it is Game Sleuth if not community comments, but the timing of that after promoting a new episode would be pretty bad. The latter still makes the most sense as even if you say people may get upset with the announcements, people still do love that feature or they wouldn't submit comments to it.

ShadyK54

Won’t be big fans of some changes & something is possibly getting axed. Hmm. Tonight’s stream will be interesting.

I think Jones also said they’ll go more in depth again during Friday’s stream as well.

Axass

I don't know what else it could be. They've been promoting a new Game Sleuth, they wouldn't mention it now if it was Retros with one in progress, if you're saying it's harder to produce, it won't be the podcasts or Tabletop... So I guess it is Game Sleuth if not community comments, but the timing of that after promoting a new episode would be pretty bad. The latter still makes the most sense as even if you say people may get upset with the announcements, people still do love that feature or they wouldn't submit comments to it.

I mean, I hope it's Community Comments, if anything. Just sounded bigger to me, hope I'm wrong.

Super bummed I can't watch the group stream live.

ByteSizeRick

Neo Member
For what it's worth, my impression is that they are doing a major overhaul on the tiers, so that basically means somethings will change to accommodate whatever new things they have cooked up. That could, on its face, result in "going back on" an existing obligation, but in service of a new one. I have reason to believe (ahem) that there may be higher tiers as well.

Axass

For what it's worth, my impression is that they are doing a major overhaul on the tiers, so that basically means somethings will change to accommodate whatever new things they have cooked up. That could, on its face, result in "going back on" an existing obligation, but in service of a new one. I have reason to believe (ahem) that there may be higher tiers as well.

Nice, thanks for chiming in. I really enjoyed your legal explanations on the podcast!

Without giving anything away, I'll just say that it's probably not as extreme as some are thinking. Just some necessary nips and tucks.

Hasney

Without giving anything away, I'll just say that it's probably not as extreme as some are thinking. Just some necessary nips and tucks.

Ah, y'all finally cut Dead Weight Bosman. About time.

Neat, thanks for the post. I won't go to bed scared that Tabletop won't exist come tomorrow

Karu

Going forward Tabletop to be 10 minutes for 100$ Patreons and up.

Very excited for the changes even if negative. Always interesting to see the Allies changing it up a bit.

Given how much work community comments seems to be on them I've felt it needed to be either scrapped or revamped. I know Jones seems to hold it in high regard but I never get the feeling the rest of the allies do. It's funny when it comes up to watch Kyle's puzzled look. It looks like he's thinking "why Jones is putting himself through it"

In the surface it seems like a nice thing to do but for me personally it's the one piece of content they do that I almost always skip

Wiggy

A no-brainer change for me is make more things early for patrons. Anything not extremely time sensitive should be at least a day early for patrons: frame trap, tabletop, fiasconauts, etc

RE: Community comments, it is long overdue an overhaul IMO, it seems its just too much work for such a low tier.

Also considering it's month(s) behind and no one seems to be complaining or clamouring for it, its not popular amongst patrons either (apologies if I missed the clamour)

$10 is a nice round small-ish figure and should be a tier they are trying to make as attractive as possible. I hope the news is that they have found of something sustainable and enticing to replace CC, what could be I don't know though.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking forward to whatever changes are coming. Cup of Jones is great cause it always manages to ignite the feeling of community.
------
Different note, I played the demo of Lost Sphear the follow up of the Setsuna team.
Conflicted feelings from the demo. Again this studio manages to get across a love for classic jrpgs but it does feel like it's coming through a lot of constraints that seem like they're budget related.

It feels like with Setsuna, Lost Sphear will be easy to pass over once it comes but I hope it won't be looked over, would be sad to see this studio go since I think their core philosophy when it comes to rpgs is very endearing it's just not quite there yet to truly impress.

FIFA wins :)

Looking forward to the stream and hearing whatever changes they've made. I can't comment on the Souls Retro or Cup of Jones because I haven't had time to watch them yet and I have a dentist appointment in 20 minutes but lmao at their SteamWorld Dig 2 PS4 file size bets last week. The store says 244MB. Forget who's closest, they should all lose that one.

Mikey Jr.

Looking forward to the stream and hearing whatever changes they've made. I can't comment on the Souls Retro or Cup of Jones because I haven't had time to watch them yet and I have a dentist appointment in 20 minutes but lmao at their SteamWorld Dig 2 PS4 file size bets last week. The store says 244MB. Forget who's closest, they should all lose that one.

Hopefully they announce the changes in the beginning so I don't have to watch the rest of the stream.

Karu

Jumped into Fortnite Battle Royale, it is great fun. Though, without a PC I coukdnt play PUBG so this is all "New" to me anyway. Anybody else playing or planning to try it out?

Oh the better game won? Yes!

😌

Hasney

What was the comment Blood made on twitter that had backlash that the comment brought up in Cup of Jones?

Something taken out of context where people thought Blood was commenting on the Nazi situation when he wasn't. It's probably still there if you wanted to dig it up, but no need to really.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Tonights stream not being Peach Beach Splash is yet another production failure. Fifa is a good punishment for that.

Live Cup of Jones makes all the sense in the world and was well done. A simple Q&A type show doesn't need extensive editing and whatnot. Play it fast and loose like this going forward. While I can listen to Jones' dulcet tones for hours on end, I'm hopeful that going forward these aren't routinely 90 minute eps.

Great to hear some stuff about the Studio as well and that 50k isn't a "hard" goal. I'm hopeful that part of the new goals/plans is a clarification about the Studio and what might be possible if they had those resources in play.

Here's my not-fun-business-person suggestion going forward - future Retros should coincide with upcoming releases of that game in a series to grab some of the immediate excitement of the internet to increase it's chances of being passed around. While the Souls Retro is well done and deserved, public interest in that series might be at it's lowest in years as there currently isn't a new game coming out any time soon. Hopefully it picks up steam when that next game is announced, but it has to be frustrating seeing something that has been worked on for 6ish months getting a fraction of the views as a reaction video.

Overall, pretty damn excited that it seems they're obviously thinking of ways of making EZA bigger and better moving forward.

Hasney

Nothing, unless oddly controversial or meme worthy, will ever come close to reaction videos..The internet loves them too much in general.

You know it wouldn't surprise me if they swapped game sleuth and friend code in the tier list.

Friend code to me seems like the show damiani is most interested in and from a time/effort standpoint see Sleuth moved up higher

I just want to say that I really want an Easy Update of Sophie and/o Bender playing at the dog park.

First half = walk and talk there
Second half = Fun at the park
Cliffhanger = A wild Benson appears...

I say have all the allies in the video walking and talking.

WarRock

Since Jones showed fine taste being into Stargazer and Ben asked how to get him into Gundam:

watch Stargazer with him
and the War in the Pocket

dickroach

Community Comments confirmed done. $10 tier replaced with something else. more changes to the Patreon going to be announced on the Friday stream

Top Bottom