• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

evangd007

I did something similar with Luneth (BSB, SSB), Zidaine (BSB - imperil), Vaan (BSB), Arc (SSBs), Ramza (Shout+Chant) OK (I did the Cid missions also BSB and OSB, OSB was like 48k damage). A mug bloodlust was somewhere as well. I'm guessing your Faris USB is USB2 with the imperil. You're going to need imperil.

What I found is I had to do with Luneth the following actions Dark Bargain, BSB, CMD2*, Cloud USB, SSB, SSB and for some dumb reason decided to use the other Cloud USB on Zidaine (Vaan would be far better, instant cast).

*-To buy time for the imperils to happen (no idea how much overkill the boosts are), if they don't have at least two up I ran out of SBs before doing enough

I suppose Sky High is another thing you stick on Luneth in case BSB entry of x6.24 vs SSB entry of x7.76 makes much difference.

Thanks for the advice. I've never done a Cloud USB strat before because I lack native Wall and usually RW that, but here it looks viable, plus Faris's USB2 is a reverse wall with a mind break for that stupid Curaga. I have Vaan legend dived with Mug Bloodlust so I can sub out Ramza for him and give it a shot.

Luneth - Dark Bargain, BSB, CMD2, RW Cloud, BSB, BSB, CMD1
Vaan - Mug BL, RW Cloud, BSB, BSB, BSB, commands/thief's revenge
Faris - USB, USB, USB, other breaks
OK - BSB, Full Break/Armor Breakdown/CMD1

Anustart

Did a pull on ff6 banner, of course no usb (I'll start getting those once xsb are created) but did get umaro and shadow bsb. I'll take it..

Tidd

Omega down!
Zidane
and Cloud's USB
<3

I know you like pictures better than text. :p

So here we go:

4MwXLTF.jpg
5tImR9G.jpg

Zidane (full LD + EnWind SSB)
Faris (Entrust bot + ImperilWind USB, don't really know if you need the debuff for it, guess the SSB would be enough)
Ramza (Chant + Shout)
Tyro (Wall and Stop)
Rosa (USB + wrath spam)

Zidane: 3x Lifesiphone at the beginning, then Cloud's USB and three SSB, after that pop another Cloud's USB and finish him with instant cast Dash & Slashs.
Faris: Used Wrath until close to 2 bars, entrusted it to Zidane and then wrath + Imperil spam.
Ramza: Start with Shout then wrath into Chant, and wrath into another shout.
Tyro: Wall, then Lifesiphone for another wall and Stop spam for the 2nd phase (true MVP. Tried it without Stop and Y'shtola for more healing but couldn't do it because he spams AoE attacks like there's no tomorrow.)
Rosa: Shellga and then just wrath and heal.

Used the Enkidu summon for emergancy healing at the end. (mainly Ramza or Faris)

Accessoires were resist instant KO one because the cannon attacks does too much damage and you want to avoid that.

Zidane: 3x Lifesiphone at the beginning, then Cloud's USB and three SSB, after that pop another Cloud's USB and finish him with instant cast Dash & Slashs.
Faris: Used Wrath until close to 2 bars, entrusted it to Zidane and then wrath + Imperil spam.
Ramza: Start with Shout then wrath into Chant, and wrath into another shout.
Tyro: Wall, then Lifesiphone for another wall and Stop spam for the 2nd phase (true MVP. Tried it without Stop and Y'shtola for more healing but couldn't do it because he spams AoE attacks like there's no tomorrow.)
Rosa: Shellga and then just wrath and heal.

Used the Enkidu summon for emergancy healing at the end. (mainly Ramza or Faris)

Accessoires were resist instant KO one because the cannon attacks does too much damage and you want to avoid that.

Did this just require a million S/L's before everything fell into place, or what? I'm trying to replicate your setup and getting repeatedly wrecked. Half the time he kills Rosa before she can even get the first Benediction up.

Tidd

Did this just require a million S/L's before everything fell into place, or what? I'm trying to replicate your setup and getting repeatedly wrecked. Half the time he kills Rosa before she can even get the first Benediction up.

I did S/L a lot to figure everything out and tweak stuff but most of the time it was at the end of the fight or because I misclicked. In all those runs I did no one died in the first phase even when I forgot to equip Ramza with a "resist instant KO" accessory. Especially not Rosa. Once I replaced Y'sthola with Tyro + stop I had no problems. The first 2 or 3 attacks are completely physical and barely do any damage to the back row. His cannon attack should miss thanks to the KO accessories. This should give you enough time to get enough gauge for Rosa. Are you using Ace Striker/Battleforged for her?

I did S/L a lot to figure everything out and tweak stuff but most of the time it was at the end of the fight or because I misclicked. In all those runs I did no one died in the first phase even when I forgot to equip Ramza with a "resist instant KO" accessory. Especially not Rosa. Once I replaced Y'sthola with Tyro + stop I had no problems. The first 2 or 3 attacks are completely physical and barely do any damage to the back row. His cannon attack should miss thanks to the KO accessories. This should give you enough time to get enough gauge for Rosa. Are you using Ace Striker/Battleforged for her?

Yeah. I don't have her dived 4* though so she's probably a bit squishier than she could be.

I've got moderate KO resist on all five characters and I'd say most of the time it hits three, misses two. :(

SOLDIER

Oh lord this 30th anniversary event....what should I spend my next set of 50 Mythril on? All the current banners look tempting.

I might wait until the FFVII-FFVIII phase comes out, since I have high level party members from that phase. Then again, I’m still tempted to roll the OST banner too.

Tidd

Yeah. I don't have her dived 4* though so she's probably a bit squishier than she could be.

I've got moderate KO resist on all five characters and I'd say most of the time it hits three, misses two. :(

I did the first phase again to get some numbers.

Normal physical attacks to Rosa (231 DEF, 361 RES and 6295HP) without any defensive buffs: 1700. With wall: 1000
Atomic ray with wall and shellga: 1900
Then wave cannon and he misses everyone and this happens every time! I don't know why your characters get hit with it. :/ Try a major KO resist accessory ( Safety Bit (X) or Memento Ring (VI)) if you have one? But that shouldn't be the problem because my 3 characters with the moderate ones don't get hit. Rosa would be dead if it would hit her, after that her USB was ready.

Do you play on speed 1? If not this could be another reason why it doesn't work out for you because you waste a few seconds for every action.

hesho

i'm so jealous seeing ppl beat magicite dungeons sigh.............

i really need to stop looking at SS's

edit: ok.. rather then me constantly complain i started doing research on how the hell do beat these things...

is there a list somewhere that can show me what buffs stacks with what? It seems a lot of the common builds that beats these magicites are mage builds or cloud builds. While i have cloud's usb, i simply don't have the motes to dive him.

Would mage meta be better then? I kinda never tired mage meta so my hones are.. lacking. From what i read.. could i not stack say, sheepsong, deployment tactics and metamorphose (i actually do have all 3) and then use 1 mage killer with the bsb with the proper element and 1 more healer. Would something like this work? Of course, this would require me to craft/hone a boatload of skills (like everything.. i never honed the majority of mage skills.. did keep the ones received as reward from events though)

Then wave cannon and he misses everyone and this happens every time! I don't know why your characters get hit with it. :/ Try a major KO resist accessory ( Safety Bit (X) or Memento Ring (VI)) if you have one? But that shouldn't be the problem because my 3 characters with the moderate ones don't get hit. Rosa would be dead if it would hit her, after that her USB was ready.

No, I don't have any major KO resist, just a couple moderate and some minor. :(

(Thought I had 5 moderates but I realized Hope's Scarf is only minor)

Xetherion

Got Mog's Gaia Bell for my 100 gems. ATK/DEF debuff could be useful for some CMs, increases my party's phys damage at the least. The bell itself is Earth+ damage, but i don't know any instrument users that could make use of it... maybe some summoners with Titan? Wait, can Maria use instruments? Eh, i don't think she can.

Indignate

is there a list somewhere that can show me what buffs stacks with what?

There are a couple of spreadsheets out there that have this info, but I don't have them on hand.

From what I understand, the general rule of thumb for knowing if things stack is to check if they are modifying the same stats in the same way. If they do, no stack. A SB that buffs just Mag/Def does not stack with any other relic that also buffs just Mag/Def. The last one casted will take priority regardless of potency. This is why Wrath (+Atk) can overwrite Shout (+Atk) despite Wrath being a 5% increase and Shout being 50%. Of course, Shout can also overwrite Wrath.

However, a relic that buffs Mag and lowers Def will stack with that first relic that buffs Mag/Def. This is why Dark Bargains (+Atk/-Def) pretty much stacks with anything that isn't also a Dark Bargain. While they are affecting the same stats, they are doing it differently meaning they have a different ID within the games code.

All this works the same way on enemies. Full Break and Multi Break have the same effect, hitting all stats for -30%. Thus, no stacking between the two, just a refresh of the duration. Breakdowns though hit single stats, so they will stack with FB/MB.

You asked specifically about Sheepsong (+Mag), Deployment Tactics (+Atk/+Mag) and Metamorphose (+Mag/+Def). All three of these stack.

I don't see Chadarnook JS. I'm waiting for the "thanks we messed up...the description for the jump start event...no Chadarnook for you" response because after all jump start is still in beta :\

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...0_stamina_later_30th_anniversary_orbfest_507/
I believe the number needed to get enough chips for all the prizes is 103,200 Chips. Based on my chip gain rates, you'd get enough in an average of 4,660 Natural Stamina. (Keep in mind we only have ten days - 4,800 Natural Stamina - in this Orbfest! It's possible you might need a couple refreshes at the end to clean out the roulette if my numbers are accurate.)
When I thought my mythril won't be going on many of these banners I did not have orbfest refreshes in mind. Review it on Friday, if you're nowhere near half done do some refreshes because Ice/Dark are in a lot of demand I suppose.

Then there is watching the routlette screen 103 times :(

More or less, depends on what you have and what you need.

Onion gauntlets, Sun blade and Demon's rod (30th anniversary pull) are my only dupes there. I was going to pull once but I think the banner is... a little bland.

Xetherion

It has some good relics on it, but the inclusion of Garland's ancient outdated burst is like a giant middle finger. Makes me not want to pull on the banner.

It has some good relics on it, but the inclusion of Garland's ancient outdated burst is like a giant middle finger. Makes me not want to pull on the banner.

That and garlands ssb are my only i relics and it appears that may be the case whenever the torment is released. It is bad, dark only single target not even with sentinel. The only good thing is it does endark so the follow up bsb will do much more damage against dark weak and neutrals...Supposedly the I torment is the easiest, we shall see....I’ve been tempted to pull on this banner just to try to get something else for that torment.

Let’s see on Kongbakpao when the next I event is..... oh my....

I regret reading your post because I may have talked myself pull on this banner. I’m trying to hold off on any pulls until banner 3, gem pull, and crystal pulls only. Damn.

Someone talk me out of pulling for the down the road I torment.

I guess I could use the freebie bsb on a i relic, but I was leaning towards zack or alphinaud to improve characters that will see use. Zack cause I have his chain, alphinaud I have ssb.

SOLDIER

Are the first draw relic specials worth spending $0.99 on? Or the 5 gems?

Wondering what the odds are for those, or if I should always exclusively stick to the 50 mythril pulls.

So many banners up now.

Someone talk me out of pulling for the down the road I torment.
Let's think. Cid missions. JS is hope the three can be carried doing menial tasks. D200 is why spend 50 mythril for three crystals (I think that was the D200 torment Cid mission reward). The crystal dailies will be soon and I doubt the drop rate is so bad that 50 refreshes would be worse. There is also the matter of is a I,II,III banner the best place to pull for I gear?

Wondering what the odds are for those, or if I should always exclusively stick to the 50 mythril pulls.

So many banners up now.
The 100 gem draws are a way of providing a paid draw to those that don't want to spend $30 on an 11 draw (btw, there is a paid only draw coming soon). As a single pull odds are slightly less than 1/6 of getting a 5* and it can only be done once per banner (it's 1/30th of the cost). Some players like spending ~$10 a month and there is a the occasional person who gets the relic they wanted via it. I use it as a tips jar (as in got some google credit for something else but some change is leftover, throw it in).

Mythril. 11 pull always. Being guaranteed one 5* (or greater?) is a such a huge thing and that only happens with 11 pulls.

evangd007

I'm in your boat RPH, I have ziltch for FF1.

If we got the Mobius Meia event I would've pulled on that, but Mobius is behind and not ready for the collab and if we got the event now the format would be ancient (1 6*, 2-3 BSB, 1 SB, rest SSB) and not worth pulling on.

SOLDIER

Let's think. Cid missions. JS is hope the three can be carried doing menial tasks. D200 is why spend 50 mythril for three crystals (I think that was the D200 torment Cid mission reward). The crystal dailies will be soon and I doubt the drop rate is so bad that 50 refreshes would be worse. There is also the matter of is a I,II,III banner the best place to pull for I gear?

The 100 gem draws are a way of providing a paid draw to those that don't want to spend $30 on an 11 draw (btw, there is a paid only draw coming soon). As a single pull odds are slightly less than 1/6 of getting a 5* and it can only be done once per banner (it's 1/30th of the cost). Some players like spending ~$10 a month and there is a the occasional person who gets the relic they wanted via it. I use it as a tips jar (as in got some google credit for something else but some change is leftover, throw it in).

Mythril. 11 pull always. Being guaranteed one 5* (or greater?) is a such a huge thing and that only happens with 11 pulls.

Spent $3 for 300 gems, got crap in return (two 3 stars and one 4 star).

I guess it’s fine to do once in a while. Meantime I’ll be saving my mythril for when Phase 3 unlocks.

By the by, are there usually any free promotions or such methods to earning App Store bucks? I remember there used to be lots of apps that rewarded you just for doing various dumb things for free (play this crappy game for five minutes, fill out a survey, etc). If that’s still a thing I could do that to earn some gem cash here and there.

Balphon

So many banners up now.

Average 5* rate for single pulls is around 1 in 7.

Xetherion

Thanks guys, I’ve been talked off the ledge&#128516;

I'm glad you were talked off the ledge. I actually don't even have Garland's bsb, it's just so bad i don't want it, even though my only dps relic for I is Garland's ssb.

As others have said, the CM rewards for d200 aren't worth, and the d300 CM you just need to carry 3 RS characters with 2 of your best. Plus Torments recur, so it's not like you're permanently missing anything if you can't clear the CMs right away.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Only got 1/10 from my first Anniversary relic pull...

...but it was Vessel of Fate.

Awwww yeeeeeee!

MrDaravon

Banner 2 was the only banner I planned on pulling for, with my hopes on Terra USB and Celes BSB2 since they are waifus and I have failed to get anything for Celes to date despite trying multiple times. Budgeted for one pull, could do two if I really wanted to but was thinking nah on that.

100-gem pull got me Gogo-5 BSB which is new and neat since it's Water.

First pull got me 1/11 Cecil USB which is new for me and great since my FF4 physical options are non-existent outside of Edge's BSB.

Decide to pull one more time and HOLY SHIT

DKsbHtuVwAA3aOl.jpg

I mean the dupes of the two things I'd gotten 45 seconds earlier is kind of a bummer but whatever; I finally get something for Celes (that's also great), Ceodore's BSB which IIRC is pretty solid and gives me another FF4 option, and Bartz's Chicken Knife which is not only great but I got his LM relic in the last FFV event so yeahhhhhhhhhhh

200 mythril

Chicken Knife
Enhancer
Magical Brush
Sleipnir's tail
Zeromus Shard x2

Waifu Terra :(

200 mythril on banner 3 and hoard the rest for the next FFT banner.

Did two pulls because I really wanted one of the USBs.

1/11 Rydia BSB
2/11 Rosa BSB , Locke BSB

Besides Locke's BSB, its not really what I wanted. At least with his BSB I now have a Fire Imperil. I am tempted to do another pull but I need to save my Mythril for other phases.

8/33
Relm BSB x2
Celes BSB2
Cecil USB
Bartz BSB2
Faris USB
Rosa BSB (Dupe)
Cedore BSB (Dupe)

Mainly aiming for Cele's BSB2, and got that on my last 11 pull. Was hoping to get Terra's USB too, though, guess it wasn't meant to be.

If tomorrow's data mined Developer Comments remain unchanged, it looks like we'll be seeing Final Fantasy Dimensions II in North America. (Most likely the the upcoming version without IAP.)

So Morrow, Wrieg, and Aemo might actually end up in our version of Record Keeper eventually.

Top Bottom