• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 1-7 | Heel turns, shattered dreams, broken cages

Koogy

Neo Member
$1500 is fucking ridiculous. I can send 4 players to an event for that much and have some left over for pizza every night for them. :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The lack of UP FRONT transparency in this matter is so fucking shady, I don't care how good of a player he is. I can't respect that, sorry. But opening donations before this kerfuffle is explained is shady whether he has a legit reason to do so or not.

Also can somebody link to wherever Triforce was asking for donations to EMP? Saw that being talked about but couldn't find it myself.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Donations >>> CPM lol.
Every time I say the FGC is broke, the $$ comes out of the woodworks, I should push my subscription button more lol.

kirblar

Someone donate to the Dahbomb cause. My pledges if I make $1000.

*I will attend EVO.

*Will put whatever tag in front of my name.

*Will wear a DINO shirt in public while attending EVO.

*I will have my GAF name changed to Officer Dahbomb.

*I will never talk about Marvel patch again.

Come on guys.... I just had surgery! It's for a good cause!
6N7GAhe.png

Dahbomb

Ok, someone else can look up the hotel cost, i'm done with this forever until something more is said lol
I have stayed in 3 and a half hotels for a few hundred dollars over a weekend. And this is being moderate in your budget, you can go cheaper although being a player he could probably split costs with another person to room with so he can be closer to the EVO ballroom.

You can send two players to EVO WITH hotel lodging on that amount of money and still have some money left over for food and drinks.

The lack of UP FRONT transparency in this matter is so fucking shady, I don't care how good of a player he is. I can't respect that, sorry. But opening donations before this kerfuffle is explained is shady whether he has a legit reason to do so or not.

Also can somebody link to wherever Triforce was asking for donations to EMP? Saw that being talked about but couldn't find it myself.

It was posted earlier in this thread I believe, but it's not on his fb anymore. I think what you stated is the biggest reason to not donate. It's pretty much why should we when we were to believe that dieminion got a job and thus couldn't take time off, and now he does? Plus Jebailey, whether you believe him or not, commentated on how the was another reason as to why dieminion couldn't attend ceo that wasn't job related

This is why everybody needs to step up their damn game. Random fans/people will straight up give you money for free flights/hotels/play video games

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
It was posted earlier in this thread I believe, but it's not on his fb anymore. I think what you stated is the biggest reason to not donate. It's pretty much why should we when we were to believe that dieminion got a job and thus couldn't take time off, and now he does? Plus Jebailey, whether you believe him or not, commentated on how the was another reason as to why dieminion couldn't attend ceo that wasn't job related

Where did the "Dieminion has a job now" thing come from? Because I don't recall him ever saying that. I thought that was just a theory people were floating.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Flux asked for $600 to get to EVO and he got that (Extra amount goes to trying to get Alukard out there, who is currently hustling). They were gonna bum the nights with Smashers too.

Huh? I was just commenting on Eventhubs getting him immediate exposure is all.

Seemed to me like you were commending them for their quick turnaround on a joke story like this and saying it was something we (SRK) should and/or want to do.

Apologies if I misinterpreted that, but I've seen you talk bad about us before with no real explanation when I've asked for one.

gutabo

C'mon guys don't be stupid, obviously it's $600 to go to evo and $900 to go to da beech.

Anyone posted this?
Arturo Sanchez said:
After seeing the amount of onation drives crop up before evo, i feel a lot better about my own situation. not rich or anything like that (heh, i still cant afford a nice dslr for the stream yet,) but its a nice feeling when you can pay for your expenses at expensive ass events like evo! maybe some of my top player friends should get into the content creation game so they dont have to rely on sponsors that can flake on you at any minute?

just thinking out loud
Hmmm...

*I will never talk about Marvel patch again.
shutupandtakemymoney.gif ;)

man i want to pop off so bad :(
Can you do it without burning any bridges tho? I would LOVE to hear what you have to say about it BTW and I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Some people just feel naked without a few letters in front of their name.

I do believe that a lot of current FGC sponsorships do pay for tournament entry fees, if not necessarily for transportation and lodging for tournaments.

Yup. The point is, with few exceptions, almost none of the competitors in the fgc get paid actual money.

LordJim

It is slightly better than certain MMO players who have 'Give me 10000 for a new car' donation drives and they succeed, but still kinda off-putting.
I will laugh my ass off if he does not get top 8 at any game

kirblar

Seemed to me like you were commending them for their quick turnaround on a joke story like this and saying it was something we (SRK) should and/or want to do.

Apologies if I misinterpreted that, but I've seen you talk bad about us before with no real explanation when I've asked for one.
I talk bad about SRK because for a site that wants to be the epicenter of the FGC, it's doing an absolutely lousy job of doing so. The layout of the site is a disaster- the forums are hard to read and navigate, it's not a lightweight site, and for up-to-the-minute news EventHubs does a REALLY good job on keeping up w/ coverage. They do a really good job keeping things up to date.

SRK is a site I only visit when I absolutely have to. I wish that weren't the case, but I'm not going to pull punches.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Why does one person need $1,500? Is it going to the other members?

It's a Vegas vacation to play videogames for a seemingly unemployed adult. This is literally the least worthwhile charity drive in the history of mankind. Don't try to comprehend the "need" angle because it will just melt your brain.

jbug617

Banned
It is slightly better than certain MMO players who have 'Give me 10000 for a new car' donation drives and they succeed, but still kinda off-putting.

That's a real thing about MMO donations?

alstein

Sometimes they get merchandise. Other times, it's just the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and more exclusive. And other times, they get venue/tournament fees paid for (even if they don't actually get any money handed to them).

Ah, getting stuff paid for is still getting paid to me.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=68456251&postcount=2428

The explanation is going to be insane....

Grecco

triforce is doing another donation drive to fund for his emp players

seperate from dieminion which means dieminion is out of emp or something? why does he need 1500

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
WTF this is a thing?

Fuck sending Officer Triforce to EVO, someone but me a car.

7UmZMQs.jpg

Welcome to the FGC, the community where explanations are made up and the sponsors don't matter.
Amazing.

Ah, getting stuff paid for is still getting paid to me.
And then if he wins EVO, or places, he walks out with a bunch of cash. I forget who suggested it, but maybe it'd be a good idea if those who invested in Die get a large percentage of what he gets out of it back, proportionately. But people still shouldn't be donating to this BS in the first place.

Top Bottom