• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Danault injured now, it never ends.

Forget your worries. Here's Papa Price

rtGFNXl.jpg

I hope Danault isn't out for too long

a916

Apparently Zadorov get's 5 minutes for getting jumped... how do you get a fighting penalty when you didn't fight? Garbage call

LOL 5 minutes for Zadorov for "fighting" lol

so it's ok to target someone's brain if his head is a bit down?

i dunno man.
Who said that? It's ok to be physical on a player with their head down. Where are you when Byfuglien does his usual dirt? It was a clean hit, pick another sport to watch if you can't handle them.
Apparently Zadorov get's 5 minutes for getting jumped... how do you get a fighting penalty when you didn't fight? Garbage call

LOL 5 minutes for Zadorov for "fighting" lol
For the safety of Winnipeg no doubt

a916

Who said that? It's ok to be physical on a player with their head down. Where are you when Byfuglien does his usual dirt? It was a clean hit, pick another sport to watch if you can't handle them.

For the safety of Winnipeg no doubt

His gloves don't even come off and at no point did he throw a punch lol.

lolol Zadorov 4 goals in 136 games, why am i not surprised he is just some talentless goon. seriously, why are loser players like this even in the league? when a rookie can score the same amount in his first game..

at least Bufyglyen is skilled.

They called that hit charging, I don't even really understand what charging means. It's not called very often.

He was standing still almost is what's amazing.
lolol Zadorov 4 goals in 136 games, why am i not surprised he is just some talentless goon. seriously, why are loser players like this even in the league? when a rookie can score the same amount in his first game..

Zad!

a916

I know you're salty about the hit... but you're way off base there. He's the Avs top LD and forms the Avs top D pairing when Johnson is healthy and the main part of the O'Reilly trade. He's the Avs best defenseman with Johnson out.

K. Byfuglien is still a dirtbag but he's at home in Winnipeg at least. Where's that Laine hat trick? Is that the real reason you're so salty, because Laine has been invisible all night?

well yeah of course, Laine's had an 8 game point streak and the worst no-talent team ended that (lol took like 4 tries for them to hit an empty net). pretty shitty, yeah.

well yeah of course, Laine's had an 8 game point streak and the worst no-talent team ended that (lol took like 4 tries for them to hit an empty net). pretty shitty, yeah.
Winnipeg is pretty awful man. I'd be salty too, expecting any better. I know what that's like, and now the Avs have nothing to lose and I couldn't really give a shit about a win or a loss. But your salty tears made that win at least somewhat enjoyable. But really, Zadorov made your team look like a bunch of chumps.

You better hope the next practice is just a bunch of yelling and screaming about players keeping their fucking head up, otherwise I don't think you'll survive the season when Laine gets layed the fuck out once again.

He cried hard when Laine took that big hit and got injured even though it was clean. That's just how this dude is.

yeah it's the way i am, sorry? i've always disliked primitive violent behavior in sports. hockey could be a much more beautiful sport, maybe even close to real football (or "soccer" to some), but some meatheads who barely know how to hold a stick ruin it too often.

hated needless violence in hockey 25 years ago and still do, not changing my opinion because of some random forum posters. intentional violence should be weeded out and players like Zadorov shouldn't be allowed into the league.

yeah it's the way i am, sorry? i've always disliked primitive violent behavior in sports. hockey could be a much more beautiful sport, maybe even close to real football (or "soccer" to some), but some meatheads who barely know how to hold a stick ruin it too often.

hated needless violence in hockey 25 years ago and still do, not changing my opinion because of some random forum posters. intentional violence should be weeded out and players like Zadorov shouldn't be allowed into the league.

Byfuglien would go way, way before Zadorov would under those standards. But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Hockey without hitting will be infested with stick penalties, and diving.

Byfuglien would go way, way before Zadorov would under those standards. But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

so? someone more skilled could replace him. win-win for the league! and for the viewers who appreciate talent and skills above silly alpha male bullshit behavior.

i actually haven't seen him try to concuss or otherwise injure another player yet, got any examples?

PillarEN

I can't believe the game that produced the biggest back and forth so far this season is between the Avs and Jets.

I'm looking forward to the afternoon games tomorrow. McDavid? Yes please (thanks to Yahoo Sports showing the game). Something to warm me up for another Patriots super bowl

so? someone more skilled could replace him. win-win for the league! and for the viewers who appreciate talent and skills above silly alpha male bullshit behavior.

i actually haven't seen him try to concuss or otherwise injure another player yet, got any examples?

A quick google search will suffice, but I doubt you'll do it yourself and I honestly don't give too much of a shit about changing your mind.

And alpha male behavior? Yeah alright, well I'll just go ahead and let Zadorov know via carrier pigeon that the next time someone dumb enough to have their head down skates directly into him he should just phase out of material existence to keep the sport pure for the delicate sensibilities of all the special snowflakes out there.

PillarEN

#1 sport on the planet for the foreseeable future :)

hockey will always seem like a silly little thing in comparison, you have to admit.

Which reminds me. Send the players to the Olympics!!! Strengthen the presence in Asia. The KHL is already trying. The Islanders are sort of too with that one Korean player. Is he any good or is that more just PR?

A quick google search will suffice, but I doubt you'll do it yourself and I honestly don't give too much of a shit about changing your mind.

And alpha male behavior? Yeah alright, well I'll just go ahead and let Zadorov know via carrier pigeon that the next time someone dumb enough to have their head down skates directly into him he should just phase out of material existence to keep the sport pure for the delicate sensibilities of all the special snowflakes out there.

bwahahahahah you actually went there! special snowflakes.. jesus christ man.

ok you win the argument with that one, nothing i can say back, that was a brutal takedown of my whole viewpoint. i'm just a sad little fragile beta because i've read the science behind concussions etc and happen to think the risks are not worth it to allow insane collisions like what Scheifele and Laine endured, ok ok you got me, i will shut my little boy mouth now.

bwahah

Top Bottom