• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
View Poll Results: What are you most looking forward to in the trailer?
The reveal of the playable character(s) and storyline premise
174 20.28%
An overview of the game's content and systems
94 10.96%
Gameplay footage from the gameplay camera perspective
164 19.11%
The new Fall 2018 release date
426 49.65%
Voters: 858. You may not vote on this poll

2blackcats
(09-22-2017, 05:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Acquiescence

A trailer for a trailer.

Trailerception.

Edit - Oh my bad, that's just an image. Ha!

Pleasedon'tbeaprequelpleasedon'tbeaprequelpleasedon'tbeaprequelpleasedon'tb eaprequel

Why don't you want a prequel?

I hope it's based before the last one, it was a little too modern for a western.

Don't care whether it has John in it or not. I'm sure it will bit I'm hoping he's not the protagonist. I'm hoping for a Native American lead, maybe dual protagonists.
Jasbasse
(09-22-2017, 05:27 PM)

Originally Posted by MosquitoSmasher

So i was reading an article on Dutch site Tweakers about this and they said it's yet unknown what the announcemejt will be about and then i realized they are right.

There isn't any talk about a new trailer here, yet here and Reddit all assume it's a trailer :)

Rockstar always gives a trailer with new information. Bet on it.
Si2k78

Originally Posted by Soapbox Killer

Newly added Switch Edition

I couldn't have been the only one thinking this, could I?

Nope, I'm thinking the same thing. That would be bigger news and generate more buzz than the trailer itself would.
Obliterator
cousin investments
Hoping this game takes place earlier than Red Dead Redemption but doesn't feature and of the characters we know.

Either way insanely hyped. Been a long time since we've gotten a new Rockstar game

Edit- I would be shocked if there is a Switch version of this. I'm not sure Switch could support R* engine
Duchess O'Death
(09-22-2017, 05:29 PM)
Wow! They waited for literally the last day of summer to keep their promise :/
TangoAlphaLima
(09-22-2017, 05:29 PM)

Originally Posted by 2blackcats

I hope it's based before the last one, it was a little too modern for a western.

Don't care whether it has John in it or not. I'm sure it will bit I'm hoping he's not the protagonist. I'm hoping for a Native American lead, maybe dual protagonists.

I think the problem with going too far back in time is that you lose gun variety and utility. At the very least, it has to be set after the repeating rifle was commonplace (which would probably be in the late 1860s or into the 1870s).
Si2k78
(09-22-2017, 05:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

One X version is going to be 4K!

#believe

Rockstar will probably sell more copies if they put resources towards a switch port than spending money developing 4k assests for 4k versions.
Duchess O'Death
(09-22-2017, 05:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Si2k78

Rockstar will probably sell more copies if they put resources towards a switch port than spending money developing 4k assests for 4k versions.

Not worth it for them.
Obliterator
cousin investments
(09-22-2017, 05:34 PM)

It's going to eventually have a PC version.

Of course they are building 4k texture support
OEM
(09-22-2017, 05:38 PM)
Excited
Trago
(09-22-2017, 05:42 PM)
Get ready for that Red Dead: Online!

ZedLeppelin006
Banned
(09-22-2017, 05:42 PM)
Woo! About time!
Milennia
(09-22-2017, 05:44 PM)
The best developer ready to fire one off
Captain.Arabia
(09-22-2017, 05:45 PM)
gossi
(09-22-2017, 05:52 PM)
Ha, this drops on the date I’m told was their original release date.
MosquitoSmasher
(09-22-2017, 05:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Rellik

Because this is pretty standard Rockstar cock teasing.

It'll be a trailer with 3 seconds of enhanced HUDless gameplay content from a PC. NeoGAF members will cry about no gameplay and then all proceed to buy 3 copies of the game.

I'm hoping that with these new more powerful consoles like Pro and X that we finally get to see console footage and not PC stuff.

Originally Posted by FelipeMGM

I mean, yeah they didnt outright said it, but what else could it be? We know how this goes

That's true. It could be a news update, article with screenshots or a big announcement. But what could that be? Yeah very likely a trailer.
Dark Cloud
(09-22-2017, 05:56 PM)
I'm ready for a brand new trailer. Red Dead Redemption was a top 10 game for me last gen. I loved it more than anything Rockstar made.
sjay1994
(09-22-2017, 06:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Trago

Get ready for that Red Dead: Online!

Riddled to the fucking brim with microtransactions!
MosquitoSmasher
(09-22-2017, 06:02 PM)

Originally Posted by sjay1994

Riddled to the fucking brim with microtransactions!

After the kind of shit the Take Two CEO said? Oh for sure.
Fletcher
(09-22-2017, 06:04 PM)
Recently re-started GTAV again. God damn I'm ready for a next gen Rockstar open world game.
2blackcats
(09-22-2017, 06:05 PM)

Originally Posted by TangoAlphaLima

I think the problem with going too far back in time is that you lose gun variety and utility. At the very least, it has to be set after the repeating rifle was commonplace (which would probably be in the late 1860s or into the 1870s).

I guess. 6 shooter is plenty I think. RDR was set in 1911 so that gives them plenty of leeway anyway.
Si2k78
(09-22-2017, 06:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Duchess O'Death

Not worth it for them.

Tell that to squarenixand bathesda. Switch will have a userbase bigger than ps4pro and Xbox one x combined. Smart business sense would dictate that you target the larger userbase, not the systems that have been up to this point, viewed as entirely optional upgrades.
Marcellus Wallace
(09-22-2017, 06:11 PM)
Nice! Just gimme a release date so I can request off of work for that week.
Linconan
(09-22-2017, 06:12 PM)
"september 28th, hey"
*stabs calendar with knife*

"Someone might die on that day... Or someone, will die on that day"

*pushes chips to centre of table*
All in
Strike
(09-22-2017, 06:12 PM)
Nice. It'll be good to see how much it has improved in a year's time. Hopefully we'll get something substantial.
Golden_Pigeon
Banned
(09-22-2017, 06:13 PM)
"Gameplay footage from the gameplay camera perspective"

This is Rockstar we're talking about. No way they would do that.
Simo
(09-22-2017, 06:13 PM)
Well it's about fucking time. Slightly humorous given last night's discussion in the other thread. lol

Not sure if it'll be a trailer or what. Timing wise, could coincide with a GI cover reveal? If it's a trailer or both I wouldn't mind one like "My name is John Marston". We basically have hardly seen or know anything about the game so I'll take anything at this point.
Duchess O'Death
(09-22-2017, 06:17 PM)

Tell that to squarenixand bathesda. Switch will have a userbase bigger than ps4pro and Xbox one x combined. Smart business sense would dictate that you target the larger userbase, not the systems that have been up to this point, viewed as entirely optional upgrades.

Yeah PS4 and Xbox have larger userbase than the Switch. Adding 4K support for Pro and 1X is much easier than downgrading the whole game to work on the Switch. I don't see how a Switch port is smart business.
Darkman M
(09-22-2017, 06:18 PM)

GTA 5 did ok on Sony/Xbox, I don't think they are concerned.
Simo
(09-22-2017, 06:21 PM)

Originally Posted by robotrock

It's not in 4k.

Seems like the original image was in 4K before being swapped out for a 1080 one. The 4K version is still on their servers.

http://media.rockstargames.com/rocks...827ccc4d7d.png
juicyb
(09-22-2017, 06:22 PM)

OMG that would get me so excited for this game if they let you play as a Native American.
UrbanRats
(09-22-2017, 06:24 PM)

The amount of work that goes into upping the resolution and have less compressed textures, isn't really the same to what it would take to have it run on Switch.
It's likely that entire systems wouldn't even run and would have to be greatly impacted, if not cut.

Probably not worth it.
Bill R Boggess
(09-22-2017, 06:25 PM)

Originally Posted by juicyb

OMG that would get me so excited for this game if they let you play as a Native American.

That would be awesome.
Mikey Jr.
(09-22-2017, 06:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Soapbox Killer

Newly added Switch Edition

I couldn't have been the only one thinking this, could I?

DOOM has to run at 30fps.

Open world red dead on switch?

12fps.
Huntersknoll
It is going to shadow drop

Or.. The Single Player Campaign with be a standalone $60 game and the multiplayer will be released F2P
Stiler

Because we already know the ending for John/Dutch, etc plus the time frame would still put it near the end of the west, like the 1890's+.

I'd much prefer a new game with new characters and story that we don't know about, set earlier in the west.

Also hope for more Native American's in it and would love to have you play as one, that's something that not many westerns do, you are usually playing the cowboy.
GearFourth
Banned
(09-22-2017, 06:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

One X version is going to be 4K!

#believe

At not great graphics settings plus 30fps is meh
Simo
(09-22-2017, 06:29 PM)

I could see it in the 1870s. It could still jive with Dutch's gang and if the leaked map is still legit then the location being inspired by South Dakota, Louisiana etc could maybe include some of the Indian War perhaps or at least that tension?
sjay1994
(09-22-2017, 06:30 PM)
I know other games and publishers are guilty of doing this, but the way R* does "announcements of announcements" feel like they are smelling their own farts.
Soul of the Beast
(09-22-2017, 06:32 PM)
Whoever expects the game to be released this year must be very very new to gaming, probably during or after GTA V's release.

Rockstar delay their shit all the time.

I know other games and publishers are guilty of doing this, but the way R* does "announcements of announcements" feel like they are smelling their own farts.

Agreed.
UrbanRats
(09-22-2017, 06:32 PM)

It works, and they can afford it.
People are so fucking starved for anything from them, that even an image like this, get folks in a frenzy.
Kintaco
(09-22-2017, 06:33 PM)
Red Dead Redemption 2 Definitive Edition on the Nintendo Switch. I want to ride my virtual horse while I ride a real horse.
Croatoan
(09-22-2017, 06:33 PM)
Too bad the world ends tomorrow :(
TangoAlphaLima
(09-22-2017, 06:37 PM)

I guess. 6 shooter is plenty I think. RDR was set in 1911 so that gives them plenty of leeway anyway.

I think gamers would complain if the only repeating weapons were revolvers. I mean, riles would still have to be in the game, which means muzzle-loading rifles if the game is set before the repeating rifle was invented, but they'd be no fun to use at all.

Originally Posted by Simo

I could see it in the 1870s. It could still jive with Dutch's gang and if the leaked map is still legit then the location being inspired by South Dakota, Louisiana etc could maybe include some of the Indian War perhaps or at least that tension?

Yeah, the 1870s was a pretty monumental decade in the Old West. Deadwood founding, Lincoln County War, Custer's Last Stand, the James–Younger Gang, etc. Probably the best choice for a setting from an event perspective.
ChosenPredator
Banned
(09-22-2017, 06:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Kintaco

Red Dead Redemption 2 Definitive Edition on the Nintendo Switch. I want to ride my virtual horse while I ride a real horse.

I would love to see RDR for PC since I don't think RDR2 will appear on PC yet i would be blown away if the last thing it showed on a trailer was "PC"
Honorio
(09-22-2017, 06:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Soul of the Beast

Whoever expects the game to be released this year must be very very new to gaming, probably during or after GTA V's release.

Rockstar delay their shit all the time.

Agreed.

they already delayed the game to next year
carlsojo
(09-22-2017, 06:39 PM)

Originally Posted by UrbanRats

It works, and they can afford it.
People are so fucking starved for anything from them, that even an image like this, get folks in a frenzy.

Last time they just changed their profile pic on twitter to a red R and people got hyped.
Simo
(09-22-2017, 06:43 PM)

I think gamers would complain if the only repeating weapons were revolvers. I mean, riles would still have to be in the game, which means muzzle-loading rifles if the game is set before the repeating rifle was invented, but they'd be no fun to use at all.

Yeah, the 1870s was a pretty monumental decade in the Old West. Deadwood founding, Lincoln County War, Custer's Last Stand, the James–Younger Gang, etc. Probably the best choice for a setting from an event perspective.

Yeah plus it seems like whatever weapons are in the game will also have the added benefit of customizations, as proven by one of the released screenshots in May.

Go all Lee Van Cleef from For a Few Dollars More with a added stock to the revolver. lol
BLUElightCory
(09-22-2017, 06:46 PM)
Looking forward to some gruff voiceovers.
TangoAlphaLima
(09-22-2017, 06:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Simo

Yeah plus it seems like whatever weapons are in the game will also have the added benefit of customizations, as proven by one of the released screenshots in May.

Go all Lee Van Cleef from For a Few Dollars More with a added stock to the revolver. lol

Yeah, that's another thing to consider. Rockstar is going to want to monetize the hell out of RDR2 Online, which will be much easier the later in the 1800s they choose for the setting, due to technological advancements with weapons.

Of course, they could set the single-player in the 1870s, then have Online be a separate time period altogether.