• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

I got like 3 Upgrade items in a row for the last few 7 day streaks and I already have Porygon2, so I just trashed some of them. :/

I went to Miami and Paris over the past few months though, so I knocked out 3 of the regionals that I can't get where I am.

Still have never seen a Hitmonchan...

Got a metal coat yesterday which means I have all the evolution item evolutions, excluding the two Sun Stone one, and even then I have the Sun Stones, I just need the candy.

Also, got myself a Quilava and Macagro yesterday so sitting at 216 caught now, and 140 caught in the Kanto Dex. Considering I live in a medium sized city in England which is a heavy Water biome I'm pretty happy with this.

gutshot

I currently have 9 evolution items in by bag that are just taking up space. (Including a spare Metal Coat).

Might end up trashing some of them.

This is what my situation looks like.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LpTSOwu.png[/img]

I really should just start trashing some of them, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Oxx

I apparently hatched two identical 95% IV Scythers during the event, so at least I can use my metal coats for something good.

I'll just use the others on whatever mons I have.

border

What are my chances of evolving a Machamp with double Fighting moves?

There's a Machop nest on the other side of town that I've been thinking about hitting up, but I really don't want to get hosed on the evolution. My first and only Machamp got 2 Steel moves :/

gutshot

There's a Machop nest on the other side of town that I've been thinking about hitting up, but I really don't want to get hosed on the evolution. My first and only Machamp got 2 Steel moves :/

My first two Machamps both got Steel quick moves. I'm about to evolve to my third and I swear to god if I get another Steel move...

Basically, there's no guarantee but the only way to know for sure is to try so go for it, I guess.

I hope you get lucky. It took me 7 Machamp evolutions to get my current one.

Before the new fighting moves were added, the best I could do was Karate Chop/Submission after four attempts. When the new moves were added, the next two Machamps lacked double Fighting.

I'm glad the nightmare is over. Makes the lack of Heracross easier to stomach.

Joni

I'm catching the Mareep line wrong. I now have a Flaaffy, after catching Ampharos last weekend. Which leaves Mareep... Ingoring Puppitar for which I have the candy, I'm down to 5 local Pokémon.

so I finally got to evolve my 95% larvitar and it ended up with fire blast... but I don't care I'm gonna work in maxing that guy out since I already have a great attacking tyranitar with the best moveset.

I also evolved a 97% dragonite with his 2nd best moveset. Im much happier with that, though I find dratini candy harder to find, they are much easier to hatch, so I will eventually max him out

Also finally got my Tyranitar after 250km of walking with it. It got Iron Tail and Stone Edge which is ok I guess. Only 87% IV though. Hope I will get some candy soon so I can boost it up. Been very unlucky with 10km eggs lately. Last one was Gligar again -_-

So this happened last night:

rajgBnV.png

But then this happened this morning:

IVs are just over 50% so not gonna power it up at all, but it has the perfect moveset for attacking enemy Dragonites so I'm very happy with it.

Caught my first shiny Magikarp about 30 minutes prior as well :p

Current best Pokemon:

Favourited ones are best IV appraisal. I'm happy with the 4 Gyarados and 3 Dragonite, so will use stardust on other things from now on, Dragonites can all use a couple more power ups, but two are forever stuck in gyms (they're maxed for level 30, I'm 32 now).
Need to keep walking my Blissey to power it up too. Have another hatched Chansey with good IVs to evolve when I'm done there, but the 50 candy will take forever.

Other than that I think I'll try to focus on getting some more variety. Have an Alakazam and Donphan with the best movesets that I'll do next, plus a few really nice Muk, Jolteon, Poliwrath etc that I'd like to boost up if I can.
Every Machamp I evolve gets a steel move :(

border

I'm glad the nightmare is over. Makes the lack of Heracross easier to stomach.

Me and a friend are basically considering a 2-day road trip to Orlando specifically for the purpose of getting a double-fighting Heracross and a bunch of candies to power it up. Even a maxed out double-fighting Heracross won't be as good as a Machamp with good moves, though. Machamp simply has much more HP, and even a good Heracross is pretty much a glass cannon against the likes of Snorlax and Blissey.

At the same time though, I much prefer hunting down Heracross, since when you catch a good one you know it will always be good. You don't have to worry about what moves it gets once evolved.

Joni

Hatched my first Miltank. That brings me up to 228.
It is time for Niantic to release the missing monsters so I can fill the gaps.

Oxx

Also finally got my Tyranitar after 250km of walking with it. It got Iron Tail and Stone Edge which is ok I guess. Only 87% IV though. Hope I will get some candy soon so I can boost it up. Been very unlucky with 10km eggs lately. Last one was Gligar again -_-

Pretty much my story too.

Larvitar buddy is up to 119 candy after 308km so far.

It has been a long journey.

Oxx

Da fuck. I have got 2x metal coats from the same pokestop in the last 30 minutes.

And I got my 7 day streak earlier too (upgrade).

RNG power.

Wowow. Just hatched my first Snorlax since October! Praise helix!

During the Eggstravaganza, I hatched my first Snorlax and caught two additional wild Snorlaxes. Never seen them in the wild before and suddenly they were appearing out of nowhere.

It was the best of times.

10k egg is .5km from hatching. I'm expected a Pineco too Oxx. D:

Caught 2 Snorlax on my way home from work - map showed one on a nearby street so I drove over and caught it, check the map again and there was a newly spawned one further up the street!

Level/IV weren't good but I got 14 candy out of it

border

I evolved a 97% IV Machop today.

He turned into a Machamp with Bullet Punch and Close Combat.

What a bummer.

I really hope that at some point Niantic allows people to re-roll their moveset. It's such bullshit that I have to sort through dozens of pokemon to find one with an IV decent enough to invest into, only to have it end up with garbage moves after evolving.

I evolved a 97% IV Machop today.

He turned into a Machamp with Bullet Punch and Close Combat.

What a bummer.

I really hope that at some point Niantic allows people to re-roll their moveset. It's such bullshit that I have to sort through dozens of pokemon to find one with an IV decent enough to invest into, only to have it end up with garbage moves after evolving.

Machamp just loves his steel moves too much :(

Does anyone know how the spawns work in low population areas? I'm going to the summer house in the middle of nowhere. The road should be registered on the map and maybe the buildings (there are around five houses in the area). There are obviously no landmarks for Pokestops, but will there be regular random spawns? It's hard to tell how it works around regular country roads because most of the time you'll be travelling too fast.

Almost completed gen 2 (minus Unown and regional).

13km left to walk - I've walked Mareep for 567km so far and at 122 candy (can evolve at 124 with the bonus candy for the first evolve) and then 1 candy needed for Chikorita line and I'm done.

I mainly get by with pure distance grinding - I'm training for a marathon, have a decent walk to / from train station every day and a dog that needs a lot of walking. Adds up to around 100km per week so I can get through a lot of eggs and only need a single catch in a line to start grinding candy. Definitely going to drop taking my phone around on runs once I'm through (it sometimes barely registers the distance depending on my speed).

Oxx

At this time and in these parts, seeing and catching a Sunkern is a moment of rare excitement.

Still need 16 candy until I can use the item.

GulAtiCa

Dragonairs just hate me apparently! lol
Ironically, I'm less salty about this one. Mainly as it's higher CP, so low chance anyways, and at least it gave me several tries (6+) to try to even catch it.

Oxx

Ohhh mannn.

My first 10km egg since the end of the event was a Larvitar with 28 candy.

I was totally prepared for Sudowoodo.

Now I have 150 Larvitar candy. Time for a new buddy.

Almost completed gen 2 (minus Unown and regional).

13km left to walk - I've walked Mareep for 567km so far and at 122 candy (can evolve at 124 with the bonus candy for the first evolve) and then 1 candy needed for Chikorita line and I'm done.

I mainly get by with pure distance grinding - I'm training for a marathon, have a decent walk to / from train station every day and a dog that needs a lot of walking. Adds up to around 100km per week so I can get through a lot of eggs and only need a single catch in a line to start grinding candy. Definitely going to drop taking my phone around on runs once I'm through (it sometimes barely registers the distance depending on my speed).

Gen 2 done (minus Unown and regionals, I'm in Scotland so just have Mr. Mime).

Will buddy Larvitar to get my Tyranitar fully powered up but will generally ease off now in between events.

Edit: Heard about a screenshot analyser (no login required) program the other day and installed it. Calcy IV (only seems to be Android but the iPhone equivalent seems to be Poke Genie but doesn't have the overlay functionality). It's amazing - press a button and you get a full breakdown of the Pokemon IV and dust / candy required to fully power up. No more fidgeting about typing numbers into websites. Might be a broadly known thing but just a heads up if not.

Qwark

What is the level that random IV and moves stops? I thought it was level 25+ all had the same, but one of my level 25 friends had a different one, then a level 26 friend also had a different one. Is it 30, just like CP?

Oxx

Gen 2 done (minus Unown and regionals, I'm in Scotland so just have Mr. Mime).

Will buddy Larvitar to get my Tyranitar fully powered up but will generally ease off now in between events.

Congrats.

I can pretty much get to the finish line through walking now.

Just need to catch another Houndor to buddy-up and any Unown.

Ugh, found a wild Slugma but it ran. All my eggs I've been getting have been garbage. I haven't seen anything new on the radar in quite some time; Slugma was a random appearance that didn't even show up.

We need a new event pls

GulAtiCa

Now 80k away from lv 34. Might reach it by end of week. Might be able to pull off a mass evolution.

Caught 2 Snorlax on my way home from work - map showed one on a nearby street so I drove over and caught it, check the map again and there was a newly spawned one further up the street!

Level/IV weren't good but I got 14 candy out of it

That's awesome!

What is the level that random IV and moves stops? I thought it was level 25+ all had the same, but one of my level 25 friends had a different one, then a level 26 friend also had a different one. Is it 30, just like CP?
Yeah, they initially changed it to 25+, but then just a few days after changed it to 30+.

GulAtiCa

Yes! Finally actually caught a Dragonair without it fleeing. The bad streak is over. Showed up at my work, which is always kind of them. That nice 10 candies gave me enough to get my last Dragonite to lv 30.5. Going to start saving up again for my top 3 when they finally get knocked out so I can lv them up.

Joni

I'm at a loss on how to play at the moment. I'm done with my event eggs, I realized I have only walked the equivalent of one Larvitar and I don't care about leveling for now. So I'm catching about 10 monsters before and after work, keeping my items maxed, and tossing all caught monsters except a weak Growlithe that I evolved to get closer to the fire medal. Time for a big gym update or legendaries or something.

ZeroCDR

Found a metal coat for Steelix which completes my evolution item related dex. Now I'm just casually hatching 5KM's hoping for a Tyrogue>Hitmonlee or Magby.

gutshot

I'm at a loss on how to play at the moment. I'm done with my event eggs, I realized I have only walked the equivalent of one Larvitar and I don't care about leveling for now. So I'm catching about 10 monsters before and after work, keeping my items maxed, and tossing all caught monsters except a weak Growlithe that I evolved to get closer to the fire medal. Time for a big gym update or legendaries or something.

There should be a client update sometime this week and then at some point after that the gym rework will go live. Maybe next week sometime?

Oxx

After clearing-out 4 eggs yesterday I received 2x 10k, 1x 2k, and 1x 5k in return.

Not sure whether to hoard the 10k eggs.

The only hatch I desperately need is Mareep, but maybe I should see if I get another Larvitar with IVs over 88% before I evolve to Tyranitar.

gutshot

After clearing-out 4 eggs yesterday I received 2x 10k, 1x 2k, and 1x 5k in return.

Not sure whether to hoard the 10k eggs.

The only hatch I desperately need is Mareep, but maybe I should see if I get another Larvitar with IVs over 88% before I evolve to Tyranitar.

Aw man. I cleared out 4 eggs yesterday too but only got 3x 5km and 1x 2km. Really wish the egg event changes had become the new standard (minus the really rare stuff like Lapras hatching from 2km eggs). Getting all these 5km eggs really sucks.

What is expected in the gym rework?

No one knows, really. Once the update drops and The Silph Road and/or GO Hub datamine it, we should have a better idea.

Oxx

Aw man. I cleared out 4 eggs yesterday too but only got 3x 5km and 1x 2km. Really wish the egg event changes had become the new standard (minus the really rare stuff like Lapras hatching from 2km eggs). Getting all these 5km eggs really sucks.

Yeah, every other time it has been 3 of the 5k eggs and 1 of the 2k eggs.

I just had a couple of days of good luck.

(Until I hatch them and it's Mantine + Pineco).

gutshot

The gym rework is expected so soon? I thought it was going to hit sometime this summer.

Niantic confirmed that they are doing large quarterly updates and speculation is that the gym rework is going to be the spring update.

Either way, something big will be coming soon.

Top Bottom