• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Back from the void (AKA ban). Here's what I managed to do in that time:

MR14 > 19

Built and capped the following Warframes...
Chroma
Equinox
Hydroid
Ivara
Loki + Prime
Mag Prime
Mirage
Nezha
Nova + Prime
Nyx Prime
Saryn Prime
Valkyr

Farmed every exclusive mod from Spy (all tiers) and Hive Sabotage missions.

Also during the Pacifist Defect I got into the top 10% Ghost Clans with my little group of 4, granting the Ignis Wraith BP.

Also spent the day farming Oxium (what a nightmare!) and got Vauban Prime cooking at the moment.

...still haven't done a sortie.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Omg this fucking game and its broke ass matchmaking. I just want to join a pub fissure. I do not want to try and fail, then have to go solo leave the nav menu turn publuc back on and try two more times. Especially when this happens 5 times a day. Oh and now I can't navigate the alert menus with r1. But I can switch through chat/clan/region with r1. Fix your fucking shit DE.

Yeah they need to fix the matchmaking and nav window. I am constantly getting glitches with them, whether it locks me in so I can't change tabs or acts like I am holding a direction key so that it cycles nonstop until I back out. Also I have been getting network not responding more and more recently. Some nights I have to reset the game after literally every mission.

frizby

FWIW, when the navigation box for alerts, fissures, etc won't open, if you move your cursor on the planets a bit, it usually frees it up to open.

VariantX

Good lord, she might be the most pain-in-the ass warframe to get right now since all her stuff is everywhere. Puzzle room in Lua might not even spawn, and when it does you might get stuck with randoms that screw it up for you so you'll want to play either with friends/clanmates or go solo. The other stuff is obtained from caches and ODS at least.

frizby

Good lord, she might be the most pain-in-the ass warframe to get right now since all her stuff is everywhere. Puzzle room in Lua might not even spawn, and when it does you might get stuck with randoms that screw it up for you so you'll want to play either with friends/clanmates or go solo. The other stuff is obtained from caches and ODS at least.

Seems like you could farm the caches and puzzle room at the same time/place (Lua exterm) if you multitask. I figure if I get the caches part first, I'll move over to capture and then do ODS last.

The panel puzzle sound thing appear like 80% of the time.

I hope I can hop into one of the farm clan group

Is it just me or is jumping really crappy in this game on PS4. I am constantly over-jumping things, or clipping the edges of things when I don't think I should be. It made the Octavia mission an extreme nuisance where I constantly jump between platforms and fall into respawning. It's probably much nicer on PC where you have the precision of a mouse to guide your flight.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that last mission was the most frustrating bullshit. It's bad enough it's timed but you constantly get knocked out of mid air by the rotating death beam. God I loathe platforming so much.

The controls definitely feel off though. My frame kept just missing my jumps, or not double jumping, or double jumping right away etc.

I think they broke alt fire again too. Can't use certain skills right but no free buttons to assign shit too.

We're such an after thought compared to the pc version.

Time for hockey to cool off.

The controls definitely feel off though. My frame kept just missing my jumps, or not double jumping, or double jumping right away etc.

I think they broke alt fire again too. Can't use certain skills right but no free buttons to assign shit too.

My friend's controls were all messed up after the update too, but mine were fine. She has a custom layout though, whereas I just use the default. So maybe some things were messed up on custom controller configurations.

Yeah that last mission was the most frustrating bullshit. It's bad enough it's timed but you constantly get knocked out of mid air by the rotating death beam. God I loathe platforming so much.
I dunno, I found it pretty easy.

But then I also cheesed it using Titania's archwing mode.

frizby

Octavia parts were a pretty simple farm. Helmet on first ODS run at 40 min, systems on 6th or 7th exterminate and had 2 chassis by then. Edit: I don't think you have to solve the music puzzle for that chest on top to appear. My first run timed out, and we still got the chest and a chassis.

I had to redo the final mission because whichever "bad note" was left wasn't showing on screen. But overall, I liked the quest for being different.

And yeah, my custom controls are also messed up.

Tabby

We're such an after thought compared to the pc version.

Time for hockey to cool off.
It is bullshit, found it easy after switching to NeZha and using his shield so I'd imagine Rhino would be fine too.

frizby

Custom controls seem to be sorted. I didn't see an update or hot fix, but whatever.

Clan ascension: It looks like we need 15 people in the dojo to level up. I'm away tomorrow evening, but if enough people can make a point to be on Thursday night (US), we could probably make it happen. Otherwise, maybe over the weekend.

VariantX

I think the best thing out of this quest isn't the warframe, but the ability to finally be able farm the sentients reliably for their drops. Their drop rates are absurdly low for only being able to encounter 4 at a time in a normal mission. Also killing sentients in the void yields a very high chance of getting that area's rare drop. So if you do the segment of the mission that takes place in the void, you'll easily walk out of that mission with 4-5 argon crystals. Also, remember to scan the decaying versions sentients in the void, they're considered to be "new". You can do this easily by killing them all and then summoning them back from the dead with nekros and scan them without fear of being killed.

Custom controls seem to be sorted. I didn't see an update or hot fix, but whatever.

Clan ascension: It looks like we need 15 people in the dojo to level up. I'm away tomorrow evening, but if enough people can make a point to be on Thursday night (US), we could probably make it happen. Otherwise, maybe over the weekend.
Should be noted that participating in the ceremony gives a ton (40K+ I think) of endo, and those who were not there have 3 days to go into the dojo and activate the ascension altar to get the same. Anyone who does not do this in time WILL NOT GET ANYTHING.

frizby

Yup.

The ascension ceremony is underway. We didn't need 15 people in the dojo simultaneously but rather in total.

45K Endo available from the Ascension Altar for 72 hrs. Just stop by to get it. It's located between the Grineer and Infested labs.

Yup.

The ascension ceremony is underway. We didn't need 15 people in the dojo simultaneously but rather in total.

45K Endo available from the Ascension Altar for 72 hrs. Just stop by to get it. It's located between the Grineer and Infested labs.
Oh. I kind of imagined it was to showcase the new dojo hosting system and that there would be an actual ceremony where "something" happened. Anyway, I got my endo. Took me a few moments to figure out how it worked, that the participation prompt shows up in the corners not the centre.

Pay attention to who's player nr. 1, that's generally the host. If he quits, so should you.

Problem is those jackasses who wait until the last second to quit. Also it shouldn't be a problem to begin with. Hosting should not be that broken. And it only ever seems to be a problem during void missions.

On another topic: The hell did they do to Earth's night lighting? It is way too dark.

Freaking Octavia systems, three goddam days. I hope you die in hell RNG

the_clock____is____ticking_by_supermatt314-d4cxjl4.png

I just decided to finish the questline and try luck, system droped at second try

I just need to get Chassis for Octavia. Neuroptics took about 5 rotations, and Systems I got the first try.

... meanwhile I am sitting at 0 Nidus pieces after 27 rotations.

frizby

Freaking Octavia systems, three goddam days. I hope you die in hell RNG

I just decided to finish the questline and try luck, system droped at second try

Lol. The way it goes. It took me probably 7 runs on my profile, and we got the systems on our second run on my girlfriend's...and then did capture for the chassis. Both were before doing the quest. I liked that quest. Not sure what to think of Octavia yet.

REMINDER: LAST DAY TO GET FREE 45,000 ENDO IN DOJO. Ascension ceremony ends tomorrow morning.

Octavia quest was pretty fun, Simaris being stubborn as much as he can, contrasting a "Dory" like Suda losing her memory and Ordis mentioning you for finding his fragments was a nice touch.

Today was painful grinding out the Ducat required to pick up the Baro things I wanted. I think I wound up grinding about 1400. I really hate PUGs but they increase the reward possibility drastically. At least until you get stuck in one with 3 completely new players who make you wait 5 minutes at a door before saying screw it and aborting.

Also why can't we trade in Prime parts from our ship? Having to go to the relay and wait minutes to trade with Baro is bad enough, but having to go to a relay to wait to trade to the computer and then to baro is such an unnecessary waste of time. Sometimes it takes well over a full minute before the prime part inventory will load in.

jfull7602

Neo Member
Lol. The way it goes. It took me probably 7 runs on my profile, and we got the systems on our second run on my girlfriend's...and then did capture for the chassis. Both were before doing the quest. I liked that quest. Not sure what to think of Octavia yet.

REMINDER: LAST DAY TO GET FREE 45,000 ENDO IN DOJO. Ascension ceremony ends tomorrow morning.

Ha, yeah the quest for Octavia was different which made it fun for me.
I received the systems on the 2nd run with randoms, and the chassis on my first run. The helmet avoids me for some reason, though. As it has been said, damn RNG.

frizby

I had a big post here before. But the bottom line is that he's still one of the worst frames in the game along with Hydroid.

Hey, at least Hydroid has Pilfering Swarm!

Is it possible that they made Limbo even MORE annoying? Wow.

I don't understand Octavia. At all. Especially as far as CC goes.

I had a big post here before. But the bottom line is that he's still one of the worst frames in the game along with Hydroid.
Spamming Hydroid's barrage is pretty fun? Also he has a cool pirate hat.

Played a sortie interception with a "limbomb". He killed most of the enemies alone, but also turned everything into a illegible nightmarish hellscape. Not a big fan of nerfs, but something has to be done here.

The CC is 2, the little roller thing. Duration is absolutely atrocious on lower levels though.

I see people actually using him now, so yeah he's more annoying. Especially since every time I encounter a 'unable to pick up items' glitch it involves a Limbo. And it happened once during a void fissure where I couldn't pickup the reactants, causing me to lose out on a vaulted rare drop.

Limbo is still amazing for spy missions. It can be annoying when you're unleashing hell on enemies with your weapons and do no damage to them because you didn't notice they're in the rift plane though.

And I'm just now getting back into Hydroid - loving that frame for defense and interceptions, calling in artillery and trying to keep enemies off their feet as much as possible.

VandalD

Oh, Limbo is a lot better. He has really good CC, and can just sit in the rift forever if he wants to. I still don't like him much in a random group, but he's much better off. And yeah he's even a bit better now at spies since he has more control over when he's in the rift. And he can actually carry the mobile defense thing while in the rift now. Good stuff all around.

Amon37 was asking about Oberon though. And hopefully they do more changes to that before it comes to console because it's quite underwhelming as his mini-rework stands now. Hydroid is more fun and more useful than even this newer Oberon.

Played a sortie interception with a "limbomb". He killed most of the enemies alone, but also turned everything into a illegible nightmarish hellscape. Not a big fan of nerfs, but something has to be done here.
He's been nerfed on PC. Strange they didn't include that in their big console update. They tend to put the PC build through a few fixes before giving it to you guys. Absolutely absurd the amount of damage Limbo was capable of.

Hey, at least Hydroid has Pilfering Swarm!

Her Resonator can be decent CC, but I don't like it. I much prefer putting down a Mallet and watching enemies kill themselves shooting it. Here's a build to try if you're so inclined. Works best in defense type missions. Throw out her Mallet in a spot that has good line of sight on approaching enemies, put an Amp on top of it to double the range, get your invisibility going with Metronome, and then do a dance as the enemies kill themselves.

Pretty much you have to spam 1 and 2 to keep the CC going, the more enemies you charm the longer radious you can get so range is not really needed but Duration is a MUST on Octavia to be relevant.

Skill 3 grantz you several buff but you have to customize the music box thing to keep the pulses often and get the buffs going. The invisibility buff while shooting can be usefull at spy missions

Skill 4 is huh....fine I guess, good for defense bad at everything else

I am really not a fan of this new trend in the complete lack of information on the high difficulty reactor alerts. Both this time and last it does not convey the level in the alert, nor that the current locks you into melee only.

VariantX

I am really not a fan of this new trend in the complete lack of information on the high difficulty reactor alerts. Both this time and last it does not convey the level in the alert, nor that the current locks you into melee only.

This aint a new trend, DE used to pull this shit all the time. There used to be tactical alerts where DE would give you a specific and clear piece of information, completely misleading people into creating builds based around that information only to get sucker punched by the shit they left out.

A couple of years ago, there was an alert where wild kubrows were supposed to be enhanced with toxic bites on earth?? You know that mission description where it specifically says ONLY THE KUBROWS DO FUCKING TOXIC DAMAGE? What DE made no effort in telling the players was every single unit does toxic damage. Either because they screwed up and didn't want to admit they screwed up or they were straight up lying to the players. And this is before the aim changes we have now and guess how broken is a grineer arid lancer with rapid fire hitscan weapon that has an extremely high chance of inflicting status is especially against low hp, high shield caster frames? The way guns worked back then for enemy units was that the enemy had perfect aim and you would ALWAYS get hit by a percentage of the shots fired due to the guns own spread. Which is why the corpus elite crewman was extremely deadly because he could track you perfectly no matter how you moved. Which is why back then, ceres was a high level planet, and you couldn't even so much as stick a toe out without hearing your shields pop and getting hit with a bleed status that would essentially require you bring a healing frame or a shit ton of health pizzas.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
They also had that 1 survival alert with a preset amount (9?) of lvl 9999 enemies that didn't respawn and no life support pods too :/ Had to cheese the fuck out of that one to get to extraction.

This aint a new trend, DE used to pull this shit all the time. There used to be tactical alerts where DE would give you a specific and clear piece of information, completely misleading people into creating builds based around that information only to get sucker punched by the shit they left out.

Oh, well it's the first time I've encountered it but I think I've only been playing 4-5 months now and it happened both times with special reactor/catalyst alerts. I'm fine with the difficulty but a heads up would have been fine. I'm used to alerts being jokes so maybe they could print them in red or something to signal this one is special.

Anyway, it took about 10 aborts before I found a PUG that could take the juggernaut and even then it was sloppy and not particularly fun. At least half those groups I just abandoned before the first wave because there were less than ideal frames of rank 10-15 or with weapons that weren't going to work. The reward was definitely not worth the trouble.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
This alert was actually done by the design council and apparently was the middle ground option difficulty wise. Several asshats on the forums are berating ppl for being upset at not having any warning about it. Typical toxic community. Fucking pathetic losers who want to nerf everything to the ground and enjoy telling ppl to get gid/call them salty.

Top Bottom