• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiltz

With a new Nintendo Direct every other week, they might as well skip E3.

That's something to take into consideration. The Direct videos have proven to be more informative and entertaining and the past two e3 conferences. However, I don't think Nintendo will simply skip E3 every year. Although, they can still attend in terms of offering demos on the showroom floor. The Direct videos have definitely been perfect fit for Nintendo's Fall conferences.

Ezalc

Quick somebody ask Kamiya on twitter when we're going to get more Bayo 2 news. He'll surely tell us if we should be excited for tomorrow's ND.

Hmm, upcoming games? Hopefully it's not more of that E3 vaporware. Yes, launch window got lackluster towards the end. How about some secret projects now?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Always go in with low expectations.
I'm expecting an extended look at Panorama View followed by a round up of the new modes in Wii Fit U.

xandaca

If Monolith's next game is revealed, I hope it's Xenoblade-y. XC was the first JRPG I'd played and adored it as much in the first hour as the hundred-and-first, it would be great to have another huge adventure to sink into. Logically, I'd imagine making such a game in HD graffiks would be prohibitively expensive, but fingers crossed all the same.

jmls1121

Banned
With a new Nintendo Direct every other week, they might as well skip E3.

I think they are heading in that direction. Smart from a business standpoint, but I will surely miss Shiggy, Iwata, and Reggie holding down the stage.

I can't stop the hype levels from rising after Iwata's latest comment. My guess is Retro's game, playable at E3 and releasing the week after E3.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm gonna be a a meeting at 8:30. Damn you adult world.

Thraktor

That's something to take into consideration. The Direct videos have proven to be more informative and entertaining and the past two e3 conferences. However, I don't think Nintendo will simply skip E3 every year. Although, they can still attend in temrs of offering demos on the showroom floor. The direct videos have been perfect fit for Nintendo's Fall conferences.

E3 is going to principally be a way to get playable demos into the hands of the press from now on. There's no point making all your big announcements there when you're competing with so much else for gamers' attention. I'd say the same for Sony and MS, but of course this year it will be a big deal for them in terms of showing off their new consoles.

Hiltz

E3 is going to principally be a way to get playable demos into the hands of the press from now on. There's no point making all your big announcements there when you're competing with so much else for gamers' attention. I'd say the same for Sony and MS, but of course this year it will be a big deal for them in terms of showing off their new consoles.

That's a good point. It will be interesting to see how the other console manufacturers approach this too.

nintendo will reveal that they have no money and have been reduced to making anime games for cash. the fruits were a hint at the one piece game developed by the zelda team.

That's something to take into consideration. The Direct videos have proven to be more informative and entertaining and the past two e3 conferences. However, I don't think Nintendo will simply skip E3 every year. Although, they can still attend in terms of offering demos on the showroom floor. The Direct videos have definitely been perfect fit for Nintendo's Fall conferences.

I think I posted this earlier, but yeah, it's fairly safe to say that ND has replaced the JP fall conferences and investor briefings as the primary venue for announcements outside of E3.

Willxc123

Iwata: "This time, the plan is a bit different from a regular Direct, in that I'll be talking about what kind of Wii U titles and services Nintendo is developing."

Iwata: ... Um... Good ones. Yeah we're developing good games. So... uhh... look forward to those. Also, the Wii U vitality sensor!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Dat Iwata tease! My body is burning of readiness!!!!

flattie

The Nintendo Direct starts, while billions of fans are watching. A giant flying yoshi appears to the japanese sky and Iwata can be seen sitting on its head. After a backflip, he lands on the ND room, wearing nothing except Mario's trousers. His body makes every woman explode, while yelling "Iwata!. His fabulous hairs shine on the sun. He picks up a cocumber and a mango, and using a mysterious technique, he merges them. The fusion's product is Super Mario Universe. Then, Sakurai appears to announce Kid Icarus: Uprising 2, while a trailer for SSB4 also appears as a hologram. Then Iwata punches the earth and a ton of Wii u exclusives appear, among them a Zelda game, Half Life 3, Shenmue 4, Iwata Brothers U., GTA VI, Xenoblade 2, Mother 4, Metroid Prime 4 and Doneky Kong Country HD Collection. The Nintendo Direct ends with Iwata laughing while he announces PS4 and Xbox 3 as Wii U accessories.

Brilliant. Anything less than a precise reconstruction of this will result in a cripplingly disappointing ND. :D

we are currently working on many more titles in the style of wii u panorama, and we hope you will enjoy them when they are released in stores. Please look forward to them.

Krowley

With Iwata's comment, this could be big.. Like, metroid, mario, zelda big. That's pretty hype inducing.

This could be inspired by panic, which might be justified in this case. The lack of knowledge about upcoming games could really be hurting their new machine.

AzaK

Iwata: "This time, the plan is a bit different from a regular Direct, in that I'll be talking about what kind of Wii U titles and services Nintendo is developing."

Oh shit. When I saw someone else quote you I thought you were making up some sort of crazy impossible scenario. But no, this is real. We're not going to hear about specific games. WTF?

Iwata: "We're making an action adventure with swords and a fairy, a First Person Adventure, A cute Dinosaur riding platformer and one of our partners is making an automobile stealing open world game"

Actually if it comes out like this it's fine, but I imagine it's more like

Iwata "We're making some adventure games and platforms, all will be new experiences you have not had from Nintendo".

That would not be hype inducing.

Kacho

Gold Member
Neogaf servers are not ready for this.

With Iwata's comment, this could be big.. Like, metroid, mario, zelda big. That's pretty hype inducing.

This could be inspired by panic, which might be justified in this case. The lack of knowledge about upcoming games could really be hurting their new machine.

I asked about this earlier. Now I'm almost certain this is. Plans have changed.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Oh shit. When I saw someone else quote you I thought you were making up some sort of crazy impossible scenario. But no, this is real. We're not going to hear about specific games. WTF?

Iwata: "We're making an action adventure with swords and a fairy, a First Person Adventure, A cute Dinosaur riding platformer and one of our partners is making an automobile stealing open world game"

Iwata "We're making some adventure games and platforms, all will be new experiences you have not had from Nintendo".

I had the same thought but I cannot imagine Nintendo setting up a worldwide web stream and not give any specifics at all. But then again...it is Nintendo.

Especially given the expansion of Android hardware/software development. It's going to be very crowded in another 2 years. I'm fine with specialized events :p

I just hope it doesn't get like this: "There's a device for that". We don't need 15 different hardware competitors when it comes to gaming

backlot

I don't think the statement was meant to be taken that literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom