• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon Open Beta Thead | PC x PS4

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I wish that post today had more details. I just want V42 now!

If you watch Play with the community stream every Wednesday, one of the Devs/PR said that they'll release all info for v42 roughly a week before release.

So maybe next week sometime.

We do need all the patch notes and digest them.

KOHIPEET

Yeah, but don't burn too much Rep.

Try to save 500,000-1,000,000 if you can.

Just to have a nice chunk as backup
No clue the amount you have. I would say 30/40% of your Rep total burn it on Card Packs (10,000). This way you get more Veteran Chest which give you more chances at cards and/or Gems

I burned 1.75 mil Rep so far. Still 2million Rep in saved. So I let go 30% of my reserves.
Might drop another 500,000 Rep for 50 more Card Packs and go into v42 with 150+ (5 Card per pack) and all the rest of the Card stuff I have on me that's getting converted.

To get more veteran chests, should I open the card packs I've stockpiled or just leave them unopened?

hurzelein

Thought about playing a couple of games when the big update hits.

Did they say anything on meta changes? The main reason that I quit Paragon a few months ago was that I had enough of the Team Deathmatch style with such high dmg outputs (alltough it was fun for some time). I guess this won't change?

GraveRobberX

To get more veteran chests, should I open the card packs I've stockpiled or just leave them unopened?

Doesn't matter open or unopened

Epic said they have a system in place to convert everything that is moving out with the new version

Card Packs, Cards, and Card materials (small discrepancies here as a little loss, so if you broke down too many cards like I did, you might lose a little in the conversion rate) will just get thrown in together give the player a card value score and that's how many Veteran Chests you unlock.

Can game the system a little by buying card packs and upping your card Score Value.

Also we will retroactively earn all rewards for all Heroes which Mastery Challenges we unlocked
A Level 5 in the old system translates to Rank 1 Level 10 in the new one. So if you have 35 Heroes unlocked and at least Level 5, that's 315 rewards also. You earn those rewards like your Hero was playing in the system all along.

Any Mastered Hero is Rank 10 Level, roughly 90 rewards as back pay per Hero.

Then you have Account Level which has been capped @50 for a long ass time. They kept it hidden that all xp earned after hitting cap was still gathered. So when new patch launches 2,000 players (hopefully I'm one of them) gets pushed up directly to 99. So that's another 50 rewards.

As you can see if you invested time into this game, Epic is paying back their "shareholders" huge dividends lol

Thought about playing a couple of games when the big update hits.

Did they say anything on meta changes? The main reason that I quit Paragon a few months ago was that I had enough of the Team Deathmatch style with such high dmg outputs (alltough it was fun for some time). I guess this won't change?

Well card revamp will be a huge change
Gone are the days of high attack speed or stacking a lot of crit builds

Now 5 affinities and you can choose 2 to make your Hero play you want them too.
Also cards are not just add more power or add more crit to come "online" and dominate

Now the card choices really do matter and farming will be necessary, give chase and/or be a roamer watch your gold intake be low, now you're behind trying to catch up.
New system punishes more than the old.

12 cards per decks, at level 25, 6 active Gems and 3 cards, you can sell and buy back older cards
So no more 6 cards and everything will be changing

Meta will change along side it. Guessing deathball won't be rampant cause early game everyone and their mother will Farm to slot cards and Gems to reach Mid before the game really starts

Mindlog

Been out for a while so I missed a bunch of stuff. I have more than 100 unopened card packs.

Need to buy that new hero mastery. I already have the rest unlocked.

Pretty rad move by Epic to help long time players keep up with massive gameplay changes. Most of the time the thank you is a literal 'thank you' in a blog or an item that you'll never use once the game releases. 👍🏽👍🏽

GraveRobberX

^

Mindlog remember unless you bought or know all 100 packs are 5 Card, Card Packs, there will be a discrepancy due to Random Card that shows up as a Card Oack even though it's a single card

You get those through Chests, that's why when some players go "I have over 300 Card Packs" and you see they have no chests, you know 1/3 or more are just single Random Card that make the Card Packs looks bigger than they are

I had 3 Card Packs. All (5) version. Then I bought a 100 more (5) Card Packs, earned 2 (5) Card Packs afterwards. So 1 have 105 Card Packs translating to 525 Cards at the moment. Someone say with 300 Card Packs and roughly 2/3rd being just a Random Card really has 700 Card on them, not 1500 as some might show or presume.

Mindlog

Oh yeah, I'm good. I wasn't really expecting to ever get anything useful out of them anyways so this is all a bonus!

I had a pretty big stack of loot crates that got opened when we got keys for something. I'll have another healthy stack of crates when the big change hits. Basically rolling in loot. Very eager to see how this new version of Paragon plays.

GraveRobberX

Oh yeah, I'm good. I wasn't really expecting to ever get anything useful out of them anyways so this is all a bonus!

I had a pretty big stack of loot crates that got opened when we got keys for something. I'll have another healthy stack of crates when the big change hits. Basically rolling in loot. Very eager to see how this new version of Paragon plays.

Well you'll need Veteran Chests, they hold all the new Cards and Gems
Don't me hold to this, I read somewhere on Reddit that each Veteran Chest contained 14 Cards and/or Gems or something like that amount.

Loot Crates aren't changing, chests are

Also cool aspect of leveling up Card with dupes for Co-Op making them stronger, guessing Bots getting difficulty increase with Account level going up to 99

KOHIPEET

Doesn't matter open or unopened

Epic said they have a system in place to convert everything that is moving out with the new version

Card Packs, Cards, and Card materials (small discrepancies here as a little loss, so if you broke down too many cards like I did, you might lose a little in the conversion rate) will just get thrown in together give the player a card value score and that's how many Veteran Chests you unlock.

Can game the system a little by buying card packs and upping your card Score Value.

Also we will retroactively earn all rewards for all Heroes which Mastery Challenges we unlocked
A Level 5 in the old system translates to Rank 1 Level 10 in the new one. So if you have 35 Heroes unlocked and at least Level 5, that's 315 rewards also. You earn those rewards like your Hero was playing in the system all along.

Any Mastered Hero is Rank 10 Level, roughly 90 rewards as back pay per Hero.

Then you have Account Level which has been capped @50 for a long ass time. They kept it hidden that all xp earned after hitting cap was still gathered. So when new patch launches 2,000 players (hopefully I'm one of them) gets pushed up directly to 99. So that's another 50 rewards.

As you can see if you invested time into this game, Epic is paying back their "shareholders" huge dividends lol

Well card revamp will be a huge change
Gone are the days of high attack speed or stacking a lot of crit builds

Now 5 affinities and you can choose 2 to make your Hero play you want them too.
Also cards are not just add more power or add more crit to come "online" and dominate

Now the card choices really do matter and farming will be necessary, give chase and/or be a roamer watch your gold intake be low, now you're behind trying to catch up.
New system punishes more than the old.

12 cards per decks, at level 25, 6 active Gems and 3 cards, you can sell and buy back older cards
So no more 6 cards and everything will be changing

Meta will change along side it. Guessing deathball won't be rampant cause early game everyone and their mother will Farm to slot cards and Gems to reach Mid before the game really starts

Thank you for the info. Apparently, I'm going to spend the first 2 hours of v.42 with just opening and claiming shit.

So I've been sitting on 4 loot keys for a long time since I took a break from the game. I get a loot box and open it with one of my keys.... What did I get? TWO loot keys..... lol. Now I have 5 loot keys, thanks Paragon lol.

I sort of dislike that every hero can equip any card of any color affinity. I liked how some heroes were of a specific color affinity--it made their deck choices unique when using the cards of their color.

GraveRobberX

I sort of dislike that every hero can equip any card of any color affinity. I liked how some heroes were of a specific color affinity--it made their deck choices unique when using the cards of their color.

Well you could only place 2 of the 5 affinities in a deck

The abilities a Hero has will play crucial

Even if say a Grux can use Growth for more sustain, but if Death has more Bleed and Fury is Damage is a given, now you choose

Do you want to live longer but you do less DoT or do more DoT, survivability becomes an issue but Gems can compensate that.

Eggbok

So I've been sitting on 4 loot keys for a long time since I took a break from the game. I get a loot box and open it with one of my keys.... What did I get? TWO loot keys..... lol. Now I have 5 loot keys, thanks Paragon lol.

They're awesome like that, I once got 700 coins from a loot box. They can be the best and the worst sometimes lol.
Also can't wait to see the redesign, I spend hours taking screens for the console screenshot thread.

ZeroCoin

Really curious to see for myself how the cards and gem system works. Tough to visualize how a match is actually going to play out in that regard.

ShdwDrake

Banned
Monolith Visual Update delayed... they gave us some more pretty shots tho.

Paragon%2Fblog%2Fmonolith-visual-update%2FMonolith_Dusk_Screenshot-1920x1080-84a1915c9685b063de7e1eb54e51fd53cc0ecb0f.jpg

Paragon%2Fblog%2Fmonolith-visual-update%2FMonolith_Dawn_Screenshot-1920x1080-6fb4b632b60ff817dcee16053e285ae572e5d9b2.jpg

GraveRobberX

16,000 XP away from Revenant Master, so close!

Going into the New Dawn with 6 Masters 5 of them being Rangers, <3 Ranger Class.

Xater

Do we have a list going with Epic account names or something? I'd like some people to play with. I think I am back in with this upcoming update.

Xater

Well, I play under the name KOHIPEET. EU time zone.

Perfect. I am also from Europe. I'll add you later. Pretty sure name Epic name is also just Xater.

Be warned I ma not great at it. I plan to dive deeper into the card thing once the update is out. Seems like a waste of time figuring decks out right now.

It's better this way though. It gives every character a chance to shine. In the old way, Sparrow has now access to fury. It's a disadvantage. Now we won't have those kinds of issues.

Ne0n

Banned
This game looks absolutely stunning. The character design/animations are out of this world in terms of visual fidelity and detail. I was going through the character screen for about 50 minutes in awe.

Eggbok

I bought a 30 day xp boost and starting playing with Belica, she's dope. I miss her pound thing a few times but it comes in handy trying to escape. That + Tele Blink are great for getting away! Gonna work on getting her, Morigesh and Wraith to master.

Afro

This game looks absolutely stunning. The character design/animations are out of this world in terms of visual fidelity and detail. I was going through the character screen for about 50 minutes in awe.

Yeah, best character design ever. Also, the animations are getting an overhaul in the next major patch that will make them even smoother.

Underrated game. Wish more people would give it a chance. I can see how MOBAs would be a bit overwhelming for newcomers, but it's not as complex as it seems. Kills are definitely more rewarding and satisfying than in Overwatch, for example.

Also, Phase + Yin = GG.

GraveRobberX

I bought a 30 day xp boost and starting playing with Belica, she's dope. I miss her pound thing a few times but it comes in handy trying to escape. That + Tele Blink are great for getting away! Gonna work on getting her, Morigesh and Wraith to master.

Don't know what Day your on Eggs regarding Daily Rewards, but there's a 1 Win XP Boost on Days 138 & 147

There was a 20 Wins Boost given back on Day 100, but I'm guessing you've surpassed that by now

So if you've got 30 days, those 2 Days at least you'll stack 200% XP Boost, if you can do it with First Victory of the Day it will jump to 300% and if you get to it by say the new version releasing on August 8th and they a Double XP Event, good lord 400% bonus.

Eggbok

Don't know what Day your on Eggs regarding Daily Rewards, but there's a 1 Win XP Boost on Days 138 & 147

There was a 20 Wins Boost given back on Day 100, but I'm guessing you've surpassed that by now

So if you've got 30 days, those 2 Days at least you'll stack 200% XP Boost, if you can do it with First Victory of the Day it will jump to 300% and if you get to it by say the new version releasing on August 8th and they a Double XP Event, good lord 400% bonus.

Oh sweet, I'm on day 125 which unlocks in about 4 hours. It's Rep boost for 6 wins. So my day 138 would be around August 11th lol.

Xater

Dear god Zinx seems to be broken as fuck right now. I just had a match where she could 1v5 people. Absolutely unkillable.

From reddit

Edit: Does it show up? Not showing on phone for me.

https://m.imgur.com/t/fitness/I0dYD

Just in case.

I'm having a hard time comprehending what's going on in this gif. It looks like Murdock activated god mode, because I don't think those raptors are even dealing damage to him.

Zinx with the proper cards, is a tank beast

dunno why they buff her lol

I think this upcoming itemization change will inadvertently nerf Zinx, because she won't have access to the same items.

Which, I'll miss using Cast Converter on Zinx...

delSai

Zinx reminds me of Legacy tho. The good ol' days when no one could kill my Iggy or Dekker.

When is the game getting character specific key bindings a la Overwatch? Needed. Badly.

Once this happens i'll try Rev again. Fuck having Reload on R1.

GraveRobberX

Going from Mastering Revenant to say Wraith and Zinx is fucking jarring

Like Holy Shit, playing one Hero for way too long confuses the fuck out of you

I keep pressing R1 to reload on both HaHa! Zinx and Wraith, luckily Wraith just goes into scope but Zinx sends off her wave almost catch it sometimes

So my deadline till August 8th is set

Get Zinx to 5, she's 3.75 at the moment 4 within 1 game
Get Wraith to 5, he's 4.5, roughly 3-4 games
Get Phase to 5, she's just started at 4, so 5-7 games
Get Muriel to 5, she's at 4.25, so 4-6 games

Then:

Gadget @6.5, can get her to 7 for Diamond Chest
Feng Mao @5.5, can get him to 6 for Diamond Chest
Morigesh @5.25, get her to 6 for Diamond Chest

7 Heroes, 9 Days... Let's Go!

Eggbok

Going from Mastering Revenant to say Wraith and Zinx is fucking jarring

Like Holy Shit, playing one Hero for way too long confuses the fuck out of you

I keep pressing R1 to reload on both HaHa! Zinx and Wraith, luckily Wraith just goes into scope but Zinx sends off her wave almost catch it sometimes

So my deadline till August 8th is set

Get Zinx to 5, she's 3.75 at the moment 4 within 1 game
Get Wraith to 5, he's 4.5, roughly 3-4 games
Get Phase to 5, she's just started at 4, so 5-7 games
Get Muriel to 5, she's at 4.25, so 4-6 games

Then:

Gadget @6.5, can get her to 7 for Diamond Chest
Feng Mao @5.5, can get him to 6 for Diamond Chest
Morigesh @5.25, get her to 6 for Diamond Chest

7 Heroes, 9 Days... Let's Go!

Lmao I had the same problem after plying Rev for so long! Are you going to open your diamond chest before or after the patch?

Top Bottom