• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

deadfolk

Where is the best place to get e-shop cards?

I want to buy overcooked for switch tomorrow, I guess the US will be the cheapest?

Where are you based? There was a recent discovery that the South African eshop is usually quite cheap and UK credit cards seem to work there. I tested it and it also works with my Irish debit card.

Where are you based? There was a recent discovery that the South African eshop is usually quite cheap and UK credit cards seem to work there. I tested it and it also works with my Irish debit card.

UK, so I guess I can try that, I don need to do a south African account right, and then, they charge the exact amount? or is like minimum top-up?

deadfolk

UK, so I guess I can try that, I don need to do a south African account right, and then, they charge the exact amount? or is like minimum top-up?

I did it by creating a South African account.

Some people prefer to swap the region of their accounts back and forth, but there have been issues doing this when there is any money left in the account. I like to play it safe and just use a different account for each region. You can still play the games using your UK account - similar to PS4, except it asks you which account to use every time you launch a game (or the eShop).

It's just like buying a game on the UK shop - when you checkout it asks if you want to add only the required amount or another amount from a set list. Be careful doing anything other than the required amount if you are intending to swap your account between regions - as I said, you may get stuck if there is even a single cent/rand/penny/whatever left in the account.

YaGaMi

Currently playing Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on PS4 and loving it. Where is the cheapest place for Rise of the Tomb Raider in the UK?

pbayne

Thoughts on SimplyGames in general? Some stuff on it im looking at.

Only bought from them once before. Horizon but it was a saudi arbia version that was clearly ripped out of a console bundle lol. I guess it still worked so i didnt mind too much but are they known for pulling stuff like that often. Id rather pay a couple quid extra just to get the uk version of stuff from somewhere else.

Splatoon 2's price has been bouncing around all over the place since laucnh on Amazon UK. It's currently at 44.99 pounds (just in time for me to grab before going on holiday this weekend).

King_Moc

Banned
Thoughts on SimplyGames in general? Some stuff on it im looking at.

Only bought from them once before. Horizon but it was a saudi arbia version that was clearly ripped out of a console bundle lol. I guess it still worked so i didnt mind too much but are they known for pulling stuff like that often. Id rather pay a couple quid extra just to get the uk version of stuff from somewhere else.

I've never had anything like that from them. I've used them dozens of times and their one fuck up has been selling the standard edition of World of Final Fantasy when they said it would be the day 1. They always deliver early and they're price competitive. They're my default choice now that Shopto has gone completely to shit.

Hasney

The images seem to point to that, but I wouldn't count on it. Unsure how many of those are left out there new.

I wouldn't be shocked if it was, Square Enix kind of overdo the Day 1 editions. Those cheap Deus Ex Mankind Divideds were still coming with the bonuses and you can still get type 0 Day 1 editions.

jmartoine

I've never had anything like that from them. I've used them dozens of times and their one fuck up has been selling the standard edition of World of Final Fantasy when they said it would be the day 1. They always deliver early and they're price competitive. They're my default choice now that Shopto has gone completely to shit.

I'll echo this. Never had a problem with them and everything I've ordered from them has come at least a day early, in some cases with Tuesday releases I received them the Saturday before as the often send out on Friday to guarantee Monday delivery.

pbayne

Cheers. Must have just been a weird one-off.

cluderi

Guys my son wanted me to buy him Kingdom Hearts game for his birthday, so what is the cheapest I can get it for?
I was thinking to get him 1&2 remastered on Ps4

The price of this has just dropped as Amazon seems to be price matching Argos and Grainger.

It's now £24.99 at Argos, Grainger and Amazon.

KH HD 2.8 is also £20.99 but I'm thinking I only need to play through KH1 and KH2 to prepare for 3.

koma

Hey French GAFfers!

In a few weeks i'll be in Paris for a short vacation, is there any good video game shop to visit? Especially if they have cheap games on sale :p

Seyob

Hey French GAFfers!

In a few weeks i'll be in Paris for a short vacation, is there any good video game shop to visit? Especially if they have cheap games on sale :p

on boulevard Voltaire (Oberkampf or Republique underground stations) you have several good retro game shops. Prices are really high but they have some rare items and it's worth a visit if you're into the 8-32 bit stuff. Regarding cheap games, France sadly isn't really the promised land from what I know.

Gunkankun

GAME have got a 3 for 2 Bethesda charity offer. Doom, Dishonored 2 and Fallout 4 are all £9.99 as well in the deal, so can pick those three up for £20 or swap one out for Elder Scrolls Online.

Does this also work online and does it have int. shipment?

The price of this has just dropped as Amazon seems to be price matching Argos and Grainger.

It's now £24.99 at Argos, Grainger and Amazon.

KH HD 2.8 is also £20.99 but I'm thinking I only need to play through KH1 and KH2 to prepare for 3.

Thanks mate I caught it :)

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Not a bad offer going on over at Game. This lot for £230:

Ll0OD8Y.png

Top Bottom