• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Has Some Kind of Cryptic ARG Happening Right Now

Kurdel

Banned
Believe
maxresdefault.jpg

NMS is a relaxing game for me.

While VR would be amazing, the current state or PS VR isn't ideal for just having a laid back experience.

But I would stil kill for support.

13ruce

Banned
Imo when i saw gameplay footage of the game after the visual update and the 2 big updates it looks pretty great actually.

If 1 or 2 more major updates are added then it's probably pretty execellent as a game.

Neat. Can't wait to drop in again as i've been caught up with other games for the last few months but NMS is calling me together with my jodcast backlog. It's busy time at work so i'll need something like NMS to unwind with in the evenings. Sweet.

I want to jump back into this game but my last save leaves me with no ship basically. My engine is gone and I ran out of the will to go get the necessary shit to get back into the sky.

legacyzero

Banned
Have they said anything about multiplayer? How is there no multiplayer????
IMO- it just wasn't ready for launch. The way the game works now, the time of day and weather patterns wouldn't line up for people on he same planet. I think a lot of the games features were like that. So they launched a very vanilla game, took the heat quietly, and proceeded to finish the game they promised.

I want to jump back into this game but my last save leaves me with no ship basically. My engine is gone and I ran out of the will to go get the necessary shit to get back into the sky.

That sounds like an exciting starting point. Well, at least to me.

antibolo

Banned
I'd love PSVR support but the game struggles to reach 30 fps so I have my doubts that would be even possible without rehauling most of the engine.

Ritzboof

These were actually meant to be sent at launch but they let IAm8bit handle shipping.

amazing

this is wacky, though. i want more tapes to make themselves known before i start checking them out myself. the one run through a visualizer is pretty nuts, i wonder what on earth it means. based on what im seeing right now, it seems like theyre making some massive stride with the games story and progression

MattAces

I'd love PSVR support but the game struggles to reach 30 fps so I have my doubts that would be even possible without rehauling most of the engine.

The game is pretty solid 60fps 1080p on PS4 Pro... and it was after the graphic improvement.
I believe you can also enable unlocked framerate on PS4 hovering around 30~50.

I'll buy the game whenever multiplayer is released. The game would be so much more appealing when I can explore the galaxy with a buddy

**********, from r/********, refuses to share until all other 15 tapes have been uploaded, decrypted and analyzed. After that he will either solve the puzzle using his missing piece, or possibly upload his audio to the community.

********, from r/********, refuses to share because he is worried and scared that the community will deem him useless if he doesn't have a cassette anymore.

Are you serious, what the hell.

I hope this can be solved without those last 2 tapes.

tizorres

Neo Member
I'm a mod on nmstg sub. u/tizorres . I haven't received a package yet. I know at least 4 other mods got a package and a few other mods on different subs got a package.

Will update if/when I get a package.

Ritzboof

ive heard the FPS issues fixed for people when they started a new game. i havent tried it myself yet, but it seems like old saves are a bit fucked

********, from r/********, refuses to share because he is worried and scared that the community will deem him useless if he doesn't have a cassette anymore.

what lol

legacyzero

Banned
Are you serious, what the hell.

I hope this can be solved without those last 2 tapes.
Really strange HG decided to work with Reddit on this. What a shit show lmao. I'm biased, but there's a tone of YouTubers who's channel was born from, and evolved from this game. CobraTV, SIRIAN Gaming, DanBeforeTime, Dm21Gaming, NoMoreShadows, MZK, Myself, etc.

That subreddit got toxic as fuck at lunch, so much so that they shut it down, opened it back up, and cycled out all the mods lmao

PizzaFace

Banned
The good thing about the game being so shit, was that it had no resell value and so I still have a copy, so in the extremely unlikely event that they make the game remotely good, I'll be able to play

akileese

Edit 4
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/6fny4y/706s7274616p_says_portal/
"Okay, so if you take 706s7274616p and apply ROT13 to it you get 706f7274616c which is a valid hexadecimal value. Converting HEX to ASCII says... You guessed it, 'portal.'
Online ROT13 converter: http://rot13.de/index.php Online HEX to ASCII converter: http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/hex-to-ascii.htm"

So I'm guessing it's a 16 word sentence about how portals are coming? Interesting that they figured this one out first. Which tape number was it?

belvedere

Junior Butler
We already have the ability to teleport back to a home base from space stations, so I'm wondering just how portal travel will pan out.

antibolo

Banned
The game is pretty solid 60fps 1080p on PS4 Pro... and it was after the graphic improvement.
I believe you can also enable unlocked framerate on PS4 hovering around 30~50.

They would still need to target stable 60 on the regular PS4 as baseline though.

legacyzero

Banned
We already have the ability to teleport back to a home base from space stations, so I'm wondering just how portal travel will pan out.
At launch, Rogue Planets were teased, but never added. In true packages there is a note written on a card that mentions "Far-Flung worlds" maybe Portals take you to Rogue Planets?

I hope it's something really substantial and they add more trophies. I tried to get back in with Pathfinder, but I just couldn't do it.

akileese

Thats not clear.

I'm aware. That's why I said "I'm guessing". It's an interesting one to get converted/translated first for sure. We do know there are portals in the game and they're not active.

It is speculation on my part though. We'll see!

Permanently A

It may seem weird if you only followed overblown reports about outraged reactions but there are people who like the game for what it is rather than hating it for what it never was.

Like the ability to see other players that Sean never, ever mentioned, right?

Top Bottom