• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

njean777

Will try it out today when it drops. Probably will be getting the family plan after the trial as long as the service is worth it.

pdk27

Cancelled my premium Spotify account yesterday in anticipation (at least for the free three months). Look forward to trying it out.

HUELEN10

oh brushed metal.

"You rent an apartment, you don't rent music!" lol, how times have changed.

Indeed. Hey, the buy model had a great run, and the Stream model has always been slightly lacking. This combined approach with Apple Music seems to make the most sense if you think about it.

Knoxcore

Yay, can't wait to finally move on from Spotify's horrible apps today
Spotify was great until about a few weeks ago when they updated the app and now nothing works properly. It's like they want us to leave. My only reservation about leaving is the fact I get a student discount with Spotify. I don't think Apple offers that.

HUELEN10

Spotify was great until about a few weeks ago when they updated the app and now nothing works properly. It's like they want us to leave. My only reservation about leaving is the fact I get a student discount with Spotify. I don't think Apple offers that.
Are you elgible for the family plan?

Waiting to try this out on my Mac or IPad. Still happy with Spotify right now as the indie artists I'm discovering through the app has really put it up a couple of notches. Tbh, I won't be too happy if that transition isn't easy with this service. Cautiously optimistic right now.

Number45

I am IN!

Family plan initially for myself and my two daughters, and my wife can join the fun when the Android version is released later in the year.

sibarraz

Banned
Will this be released in 4 more hours?

Also, do I need to had a Credit Card attached to my ID? My cc is blocked so I cant use it

LCfiner

I’ll be using the free trial to see if it changes the way I discover new music.

I had tried the Spotify Canada Beta and just didn’t like having to split my time between different apps. plus i didn’t like the spotify Mac app AT ALL. Integration with my library is a big reason why I’m hopeful Apple Music will be something I will want to continue using for a while.

kaskade

I'm really excited to try this out. Three month trial is nice to get me stuck in the ecosystem and not want to get out. Also, it'll be nice to finally use the redesigned player. Only a few hours to go. Hopefully I can get it downloaded before the servers get killed.

No on demand radio? Beats 1 already seems a mess.

It's a shame because the actual content looks pretty interesting.

From reading a little bit more, seems the omission of on-demand is a temporary, calculated move. They want to force people to tune in to discover new content serendipitously, and after a set amount of time of that they'll turn on on-demand so that people can keep track of their favorites.

Rootbeer

Banned
Will the launch be accompanied by a new version of iTunes? I have 12.1. 2 installed, but usually these sorts of launches require software updates don't they?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Depending on the Brazilian pricing and song availability I'll certainly switch. I like Spotify's premium service but I use their apps begrudgingly (local library integration is complete ass). Being able to use the iOS music app and iTunes (mostly on a Mac but also on a Windows desktop) for streaming will be great.

And I can't believe it took this long to get music queueing on iOS, holy crap. My most needed feature in 8.4.

kiguel182

So, does this have gapless playback?

And, how does adding albums to your library works?

I'm waiting for the Android app to do the full trial but I would love to know this at least.

Looks like Beats 1, at least on iOS 9, is already working.

jZRuzl3.jpg

kulapik

Hopefully last answer: is there any way Windows/Android could get the family plan. I assume someone with iOS and Mac is needed, but maybe if you already have an Apple ID you could easily be added into it.

Looks like Beats 1, at least on iOS 9, is already working.
Makes sense that they are playing that, haha

Kinsella

Banned
Will definitely be trying it out when it launches. They won't be getting my money until they're streamable in the background on PS4.

psychotron

I'm ready to jump on this as my go to service, but the lack of a web app will kill it for me. I can't install iTunes at work, so I'm screwed.

giga

So, does this have gapless playback?

And, how does adding albums to your library works?

I'm waiting for the Android app to do the full trial but I would love to know this at least.
iOS has had gapless forever. And you add albums and other stuff in apple music to your "my music" tab by tapping the three dots next to the item.

Lynn616

If Apple Music has more K-Pop than Spotify my daughter will make us switch for that reason alone. I hope they don't. :)

Assanova

Is the music quality of this better than Google Play All Access? Also, what does this offer that Google Play All Access doesn't? Can I access it via any internet browser like I can with google Play All Access? I am just trying to figure out if it is worth the extra $2 per month.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is the music quality of this better than Google Play All Access? Also, what does this offer that Google Play All Access doesn't? Can I access it via any internet browser like I can with google Play All Access? I am just trying to figure out if it is worth the extra $2 per month.

No web app. But it is a free trial, so give it a shot.

MercuryLS

Banned

Apple music will have better design and usability than the shit tier google music apps at the very least.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
On smart phones too?

What's wrong with that? I can't install programs on my work laptop and I imagine tons of other companies have similar policies in place. I use the Spotify web page quite a bit for streaming music while I work.
You just said 'integrated music player' (w/ a streaming service), which could just mean PMPs. Though, I'm unsure if the Xbox Music service worked the same on Windows Phones. As I never had one.

My experience with the Zune Pass is kinda what has me so excited for Apple Music.

Honestly considering switching from spotify just because of iTunes match. I hear that it'll match tracks only available on the Japanese store even if you use a US account, and since 1/3 or 1/2 of the music I listen to comes from there, I'd be willing to give it a try. Also obviously iTunes and apple in general are more popular over there so I might be able to get everything through one service , instead of downloading or ripping songs from other sources and uploading to Google music. I don't really like doing that but have to with spotify since that doesn't offer an equivalent service.

I'm just worried about the quality of the application itself, since I haven't used any Apple software in about 5 years.

Top Bottom